• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:58:15 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Legends Suit Template??

Started by Hawk, August 20, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I don't have the time anymore to keep up with the Paint Database so the official hosting for the templates is a much better option.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2018, 07:45:35 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 22, 2018, 03:38:26 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2018, 02:25:57 PM
Update Memo:

Snappe has very kindly and speedily provided the "Legend" riders suit paint template in .psd format with layers to ease the task of painting.

I've sent the file to Matty for inclusion in the paint database, so it should be available very soon.

Please don't.
The templates has been updated:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1623.msg92122#msg92122

I must say that I don't understand your reasoning as to why you would rather us not put this template in the community paint database Piboso? :o ???
My thinking was that people will have access to the paint template files at the same time as they have access to the paint files that the community have created without having to download from separate websites..... I just cannot understand your objection to that Piboso?? :-\

I purposely didn't publish a download link myself so that there wouldn't be spurious download links for the template/s which I understand can cause issues if the templates are updated in future and the spurious links are not updated also, I understand that as does Matty.... This is the main reason the community have just the one paint database administered by one person(Matty) so as to keep things organised properly without having outdated download links all over the forum.

It would be better to keep the "official" files hosted on the official website only, to avoid confusion and possibly outdated versions floating around the web.
Would it be an inconvenience to add to the database a link to the official website?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 22, 2018, 08:59:57 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2018, 07:45:35 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on August 22, 2018, 03:38:26 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2018, 02:25:57 PM
Update Memo:

Snappe has very kindly and speedily provided the "Legend" riders suit paint template in .psd format with layers to ease the task of painting.

I've sent the file to Matty for inclusion in the paint database, so it should be available very soon.

Please don't.
The templates has been updated:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1623.msg92122#msg92122

I must say that I don't understand your reasoning as to why you would rather us not put this template in the community paint database Piboso? :o ???
My thinking was that people will have access to the paint template files at the same time as they have access to the paint files that the community have created without having to download from separate websites..... I just cannot understand your objection to that Piboso?? :-\

I purposely didn't publish a download link myself so that there wouldn't be spurious download links for the template/s which I understand can cause issues if the templates are updated in future and the spurious links are not updated also, I understand that as does Matty.... This is the main reason the community have just the one paint database administered by one person(Matty) so as to keep things organised properly without having outdated download links all over the forum.

It would be better to keep the "official" files hosted on the official website only, to avoid confusion and possibly outdated versions floating around the web.
Would it be an inconvenience to add to the database a link to the official website?

I understand what your saying there Piboso...... And I personally think it's a great idea to add the database link on your Official Website, and i'm sure Matty will comment his opinion as soon as he views this post.

Thanks for reviewing your request and coming up with an alternative; much appreciated.  ;) 8)

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2018, 09:12:02 PM

I understand what your saying there Piboso...... And I personally think it's a great idea to add the database link on your Official Website, and i'm sure Matty will comment his opinion as soon as he views this post.

:-\
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on August 22, 2018, 10:12:19 PM
Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2018, 09:12:02 PM

:-\

Ah.... Sorry Piboso, my misunderstanding - You were saying for us to add the official website templates download link to the same forum post as we have the paint database link?

matty0l215

For the sake of ease. I will add the current templates to the BikeMOD templates section. As and when they are updated by Piboso i will update them n the BikeMOD. No need to share a link. The BikeMOD is comunity driven so Piboso doesnt have to worry about it.

Simple.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE