• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:46:41 PM

Silverstone 2017

Started by javiliyors, August 26, 2018, 10:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

javiliyors

Hi guys, I've been testing the Silverstone GP 2017 circuit, and the pitlane and the finish line are set like the F1 version. I have managed to fix it and create it as the current MotoGP layout, if it seems good I'll upload it to you all, with permission from @Hawk and @h106frp since you are the creators of the track.

a greeting

Hawk

Quote from: javiliyors on August 26, 2018, 10:24:07 AM
Hi guys, I've been testing the Silverstone GP 2017 circuit, and the pitlane and the finish line are set like the F1 version. I have managed to fix it and create it as the current MotoGP layout, if it seems good I'll upload it to you all, with permission from @Hawk and @h106frp since you are the creators of the track.

a greeting

Hi javiliyors.

Can you send me a download link in a private message please mate..... I'm sure everything will be okay, but just want to check it out first. Thanks for asking mate.  ;) 8)

Hawk

August 26, 2018, 05:46:37 PM #2 Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 05:57:42 PM by Hawk
Hi javiliyors....

In TrackED, you need to extend the start/finish line marker into and across the pitlane to level with the bike garage doors to continue to register sector/lap times of bikes that have to do things like ride-thru penalties, etc.

Also the gate across the pit-lane exit also needs re-positioning as open. If you cannot do this then we will do all this and release an update as soon as we can.

javiliyors

Ok i extend the line to start/finish to pitlane and the door i investigate how can i delete, but i test and the door is no collisionable object

Hawk

August 26, 2018, 07:52:46 PM #4 Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:54:32 PM by Hawk
Quote from: javiliyors on August 26, 2018, 07:36:54 PM
Ok i extend the line to start/finish to pitlane and the door i investigate how can i delete, but i test and the door is no collisionable object

Okay thanks mate...... We'll sort the pitlane gate out as soon as we can as it's a lot more involved than just altering the race data in TrackED and you'd need a decent 3D app to do it.

Permissions granted to publish this update, but please also send a download link with message to doubledragoncc (Track Database admin) too to make it easy for him to update the track database.......

Thanks mate, update appreciated!  ;) 8)

doubledragoncc

Will I need to remove the one I have on the database to save confusion or if people dont know about it there may be a problem. Can you name the track differently so there are both versions in the database?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

javiliyors

@doubledragoncc if u want i put the name Silverstone GP 2018 V0.97_NDS

Hawk

August 27, 2018, 02:17:28 PM #7 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:20:53 PM by Hawk
Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 27, 2018, 08:09:15 AM
Will I need to remove the one I have on the database to save confusion or if people dont know about it there may be a problem. Can you name the track differently so there are both versions in the database?

DD

Please replace it DD.... This is an update not a different version mate otherwise we'd have two of exactly the same track(apart from diff start position) in the track database with different version numbers. Lol!  ;D

Hawk

Quote from: javiliyors on August 27, 2018, 01:12:54 PM
@doubledragoncc if u want i put the name Silverstone GP 2018 V0.97_NDS

Please don't change the name of the track title or year, not necessary.

javiliyors

Hawk

August 27, 2018, 08:45:10 PM #10 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 08:49:48 PM by Hawk
Quote from: javiliyors on August 27, 2018, 05:07:08 PM
Ok, only + v0.01

If you mean by that to change only the version number from v0.96 to v0.97 then agreed. Thank you.  ;) 8)

@DD But please replace v0.96 with v0.97 and let's not have both versions in the track database unless you still have a "Previous Versions" folder in the database to put the v0.96 version into as I used to do with old versions so that people still had access to the older versions but they were not in the main track list confusing people. Thanks mate.  ;)

doubledragoncc

Fine BUT can it please be posted as the official track or update

I just worry about people missing it

It gets hard to keep up on whats new here lol

Will obay your every comand oh great masters lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on August 27, 2018, 09:07:55 PM
Fine BUT can it please be posted as the official track or update

I just worry about people missing it

It gets hard to keep up on whats new here lol

Will obay your every comand oh great masters lol

DD
Well you did ask DD. Lol  :P ;D ;D

I will announce the update in the "Official" CAWS MOD Section for the Silverstone track and give due credit to  javiliyors for his work. ;)

"Co-operation is the key to success!"