• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:23:31 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Rim/tyre modding

Started by Mace-x, September 06, 2018, 03:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Hi guys, i was wondering, is there a way to mod the rims/tyres of the game to replace the stock one?
the chain can still be the same, no problem, i can adapt the 3d model to the current chain.

i want to do it for mx-bikes, but nobody has done it there, so i tought since the structure is the same i´d ask here.

thanks a lot guys!

matty0l215

The tyre and the wheels are separate models

The Front Tyre and Rear Tyre are stored in the Tyres folder.

The Front and Rear wheel are in the bike folder

Chain is in the model with the Rear wheel*

You can just make another model for the wheel and overwrite the files in the folder and it should appear in game

What exactly are you trying to achieve?? (just the look of the wheel, a texture on the tyres etc.)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Mace-x

Basically i got these and i´d love to use them instead of the default ones, mostly because uv optimization and customization.

i can give all the files, models and textures, i even created some psd files to enable easy customization, just need to get them ingame.

Mace-x

Here´s the MXB thread, the guys came really close to import them but couldnt do it properly.

http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=1485.0

matty0l215

Can you send me over the files and i will see what i can do??

Mace-x

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 06, 2018, 05:21:54 PM
Can you send me over the files and i will see what i can do??

of course

h106frp

Had a read through, looked at MXB model files and comparing to GPB I am guessing;

The whole wheel, tyre and chain are in the 'tyre' model
The chain should be made like a GPB chain with it own pivot rotated to the correct orientation for spinning animation and a scrolling texture

The issue with the 'see through' wheel is possibly the 'apply rotations' issue - it is inside out when exported from the 3D app

Dirt layers constructed the same as GPB but we would need a template for the correct layer names in MXB

Mace-x

Quote from: h106frp on September 06, 2018, 06:46:00 PM
Had a read through, looked at MXB model files and comparing to GPB I am guessing;

The whole wheel, tyre and chain are in the 'tyre' model
The chain should be made like a GPB chain with it own pivot rotated to the correct orientation for spinning animation and a scrolling texture

The issue with the 'see through' wheel is possibly the 'apply rotations' issue - it is inside out when exported from the 3D app

Dirt layers constructed the same as GPB but we would need a template for the correct layer names in MXB

Matty is looking at the files now, if you want to check them i will gladly send them to you aswell, sadly i dont even understand the basics of game models/textures/hierarchy structure so i failed hard trying to import them  :'(

and there´s no documentation so i dont know where to start

matty0l215

The MX bikes wheel/tyre combo is done differently to GP Bikes...

Looks like the wheel is incorporated into the tyre folder (as opposed to us putting the wheel in with the bike)

h106frp

It looks like you have tyre, rim, hub and spokes, rear brake disc, rear sprocket, axles and chain.

So you probably need a pivot for the wheel parts, another for the chain and possible another for the axles to stop them spinning.

If its like GPB the chain pivot is rotated relative to the wheel pivot when using fbx2edf

h106frp

Progress  8)

Sharing everything with TFC and Matty as both are main contributors to getting this to work

HornetMaX

Very nice.  But they make the rider look bad now :)

h106frp

Bike and rider are default, I guess more detailed skins are available  :)