• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:57:27 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Red Bull Rookies

Started by Arvoss, January 27, 2014, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Just watched the replay... Some great action. This kind of event should be "Live Streamed"! ;D

Klax75

Couple of Screen Shots of the race grid.

Klax75

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 02, 2014, 11:21:35 PM
Just watched the replay... Some great action. This kind of event should be "Live Streamed"! ;D

Think it was first lap, or second you were behind me and I kept looking back. I crashed because I kept looking back. lol

Hawk

I couldn't hear my revs at the start and as a result got very bogged down and someone ran straight into the back of me. Anyone want to own up? Hehe ;D

Fantastic screenshots, Klax! ;D

Arvoss

February 02, 2014, 11:24:53 PM #184 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:28:17 PM by Arvoss

I was thinking about live streaming my upcoming Rookies championship. BUT, will watching the replay during the cause lag? Who can play with the camera's and switch to other players without the buttons? Who is going to commentate? And the most important thing, who is going to watch? :p

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on February 02, 2014, 11:22:35 PM

Think it was first lap, or second you were behind me and I kept looking back. I crashed because I kept looking back. lol

Concentrate, concentrate! Hehehe ;D

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on February 02, 2014, 11:24:53 PM

I was thinking about live streaming my upcoming Rookies championship. BUT, will watching the replay during the cause lag? Who can play with the camera's and switch to other players without the buttons? Who is going to commentate? And the most important thing, who is going to watch? :p

Yeah... It would be nice to Live Stream, but to be real, I think it's a little too early maybe for live streaming? I don't think you could live stream from the race server; another server would probably have to be tied in to take the information used for replays and then send them for live streaming separately? Just a thought. ;)

Maybe Dibu or Max could enlighten us more on how Live Streaming is achieved?

iVolution

Quote from: Klax75 on February 02, 2014, 11:21:46 PM
Couple of Screen Shots of the race grid.
Great to see all the bikes on the grid for once  ;D.

Arvoss

February 02, 2014, 11:34:49 PM #188 Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:36:41 PM by Arvoss
Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 02, 2014, 11:32:26 PM

Yeah... It would be nice to Live Stream, but to be real, I think it's a little too early maybe for live streaming? I don't think you could live stream from the race server; another server would probably have to be tied in to take the information used for replays and then send them for live streaming separately? Just a thought. ;)

Easy way: Just join a race server and don't race. Watch the replay and use the shortkeys to switch camera's and or players ;) I could do a stream test if you want. ;)

Maybe there is a pro way, as you say, with another server. But I don't know if you can do this now ;)

Klax75

I like the idea but think it would be hard switching back and forth you wouldn't know where the action is at during the race. We need some feature that would automatically jump to riders that are point X amount of seconds apart from each other. Wish I new how iRacing.com handled it, they have a action came that does jump around not only between battles but mistakes too.

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on February 02, 2014, 11:34:49 PM

Just join a race server and don't race. Watch the replay and use the shortkeys to switch camera's and or players ;) I could do a stream test if you want. ;)
A stream test would be an interesting exercise..... But surely you'd need to somehow stream the replay information directly to a website so people could watch the race on a website player without using up precious race server bandwith?

Arvoss

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 02, 2014, 11:38:34 PM

Just join a race server and don't race. Watch the replay and use the shortkeys to switch camera's and or players ;) I could do a stream test if you want. ;)
A stream test would be an interesting exercise..... But surely you'd need to somehow stream the replay information directly to a website so people could watch the race on a website player without using up precious race server bandwith?

Oh yea, true. Hosting the server and uploading the stream will be difficult. I'll join a random dibu server tomorrow and start streaming a bit ;)

Hawk

Quote from: Arvoss on February 02, 2014, 11:40:41 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 02, 2014, 11:38:34 PM

Oh yea, true. Hosting the server and uploading the stream will be difficult. I'll join a random dibu server tomorrow and start streaming a bit ;)
Well. If we want to live stream at some stage, it's better we try now and work out all the problems and potential needs required to do this. Great! ;D

lluisete

The best method to stream gpbikes is using OBS with Game capture device. The FPS drops is really low and the quality good.
Champion of Summer Cup 2012 and SRC125cc.<br />Subchampion of SRC500cc.<br />Admin of @gpbikes_fans<br />Personal instagram @lluiscabedo

Masna

after all it was nice anyway!!
thanks, see the next!!