• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:37:13 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Why GP Bikes is good

Started by HornetMaX, January 27, 2014, 11:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reactive

As I already said in my "some wishes" thread:
QuoteI understand it may be not in first priority, but lets face it — graphic wich looks like from ten years ago can make people cry  :'(
Look in the thread "SCREENSHOTS GP BIKES". All of you pissing while looking those beautiful pictures, but 99% of them are totally Photoshopped, much or less. Yeah, tell me more about how you dont need all this "HDR & tuttifrutti". Noone asking about "shiny heavens", just a little improvements like this:
http://www.youtube.com/v/slfGMFDyX34

Who will refuse such a picture in GPB?
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

HornetMaX

Reactive, we all know that GPB has no top-notch graphics like other titles, but this is in general not seen as a big problem.

GPB has two pillars: physics and online racing. These will always be the top priorities.

Now if the graphic engine can be improved, then why not. But if we have to drop/delay some other developments (e.g. fix online, improve physics, improve interface, adding physics/racing features) in favor of graphics improvements, then this is not going to be very popular. At the moment, we have other things to sort out.

If you read the entire forum (and also the entire old forum) you will find that very few complaints were made about graphics: that's because the target player for this kind of game does not care a lot about that.

Bottom line: is GPB graphics top-notch ? No.
Is it as bad as you're saying ? No.
Is graphics improvement a top priority ? Unlikely.
Would it be nice to have ? Yes, once the more important stuff is done.

The majority of the players here use GPB to ... well, to ride on the bike, to race.
We surely don't use it to look at bike models and say stuff like "Look how nice is that ambient occlusion !".

MaX.

P.S.
I hate it too that 95% of the screenshots in the screenshot threads are photoshopped.
But just because it's misleading, not because GPB graphics is "bad".

Now, let's talk about that funky physics behind Test Drive Unlimited ...  ::)

Reactive

February 05, 2014, 11:13:16 AM #17 Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:23:50 AM by Reactive
Personaly Im absolutly agree with you, Max.
QuoteRe: Busy...
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
As for me, who love to create more then just simple using, who believe in advantage of simbiosis, who didnt ride no one lap online...  Nonetheless I think the main thing for working and improving is those damned netcode and online stability. Online racers are absolutely useless for modding community and for setups in real life  (you may ride a hudreds of kilometers in game, but to learn riding in real life you need a real bike, Im sure its obvious).
Therefore, I support the speech about the netcode. Let those "racers" plays in their sanboxes and not disturb creative guys do the world better. And bring their money  ;D

Seems like I raised very old "PvP vs PvE" problem, when "Player versus Player" asking for action, and at the same time "Player versus Environment" asking for eye candies. Ok, my bad. Anyway, we all trying to do our favourite game better.

Of course those TDU has terrible wooden physic, I have no words to describe how even crappy it was. And it was able to ride only 8 players in same time; server has absolutly random logic, choosing with whom you will ride. But! Hundreds of people spent hundreds of hours on Oahu. Just cruising, or staying somewhere looking on the sunset, or jumping in the mountains. With no music, only sounds of wind, forest, ocean. And that was beautiful. Two sides of one medal, you know  ;)
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

LoriX

HornetMaX

Quote from: LoriX on February 17, 2014, 11:48:29 PM
Ssssuper slowmo!  ;D
Nice, but there's not a lot of technically interesting stuff in that video.

The point of ths thread was to show complex cases where GPB behavior is close to reality.

MaX.

LoriX

February 18, 2014, 12:20:35 AM #20 Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 12:22:13 AM by LoriX
Yeah I know, but I couldn't ind a suitable topic and I didn't want to make a whole new topic about one single video xD

LoriX

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 18, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

The point of ths thread was to show complex cases where GPB behavior is close to reality.

MaX.

How about this one? :P

http://www.youtube.com/v/aQWvd9VI9jk

HornetMaX

Quote from: LoriX on February 18, 2014, 12:20:35 AM
Yeah I know, but I couldn't ind a suitable topic and I didn't want to make a whole new topic about one single video xD
You should have done, the Media section is made for that :) Don't be shy !

Quote from: LoriX on February 18, 2014, 12:25:48 AM
How about this one? :P

That one is more appropriate for that topic, for sure (and I love the rider looking backward after the save ... trying to spot the banana on which the bike slipped ?).

MaX.

rc211v

Seems like everyone has that Rossi paint but me :(