• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
December 05, 2020, 08:18:46 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta18c available! :)


New official track

Started by PiBoSo, December 03, 2018, 04:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which official track would you prefer ( you can choose two! )?

Donington Park
Laguna Seca
Jerez
Mugello
Assen ( pre-2006 )
Spa
Other ( please write which one )

poumpouny

@Myst1cPrun3 - that's exactly why steam refund exist ...... to not waste time searching other people opinion and try the game yourself for 2hours, then refund it if you don't like  ;).

janaucarre

So, a demo is useless with steam if i understand well ?

poumpouny

janaucarre : not really, with the Gpbikes case, the demo will be indispensable to really test the physic engine (wich need more time than 2hour to really understand) , when the steam refund is to be sure that the content you have worth the full game price ...... that's why i sayd 80% of people will refund it with only 3 bikes and 1 track .... i think that was already the case when Piboso lauched KRP on steam .........

Myst1cPrun3

Again +80% of people will do their research before they buy it, reviews are there for a reason. (Which KRP has mostly positive despite the things your saying, so really this highlights that it's kind of the there way around to what your saying) As KRP has mostly positive reviews, (Even with the content) I would hazard a guess that it's 20%, maybe less who'd refund it because of the reasons your suggesting.

Myst1cPrun3

December 10, 2018, 12:29:37 PM #94 Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:08:55 PM by Myst1cPrun3
And even then most of the negative reviews are because of crashes, not because of content, so again your point is kind of not accurate. And buying a game for 2 hours and then refunding it is kind of a s****y thing to do imo, as it's messing with people's livelihoods, which isn't really a good thing to do especially for a small dev.

I've refunded about 4 games on my account all together, and that's only because they don't work, and/or aren't being developed anymore to make them work

EDIT: At the end of the day, the original question was which track do we want to see in GPB, not which one do you think will make GPB more marketable, or which one will do better on Steam, and if your desired track does that then great.
Any more official content is good for GPB in my book, especially if it's done to a high, well raceable quality. Whichever tracks Pib chooses will be beneficial to the sim and great fun to use

KG_03

As we were speaking about crowd funded track...i know there is 3d scanned IoM TT track...do not remember how much it costs...but imagine...a game with so many good racing bikes on a track with so fantastic physics. It would be awesome.

BOBR6 84

Be nice to have at least 1 modern track and 1 old school track as official content to suit the varese500 and classic riding styles.. maybe a good old road racing circuit from the transatlantic days 😎

I sound like hawk 🤔😄

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 11, 2018, 12:04:37 PM
Be nice to have at least 1 modern track and 1 old school track as official content to suit the varese500 and classic riding styles.. maybe a good old road racing circuit from the transatlantic days 😎

I sound like hawk 🤔😄

Lol! Good to hear it Bob!  ;D ;D

About the track type suggestion you made: As we already have an official track used by current MotoGP bikes then that surely leaves only the one choice from the list of options in the poll -  Assen pre-2006?  ;D
The old classic Assen TT circuit is the only track in the poll list we haven't already got a decent to good version of from the track-mod database and for me personally speaking would by far be the best choice rather than recreating what we already have access to?  :)

Trans-Atlantic tracks? Just off the top of my head(please correct me if I'm mistaken), I think we already have decent to good versions of them all now? :)

Myst1cPrun3

The current-old version of Assen, (that's a confusing one) that I have installed seems to be a decent quality, although it could do with some updating in terms of kerbing and some textures, but overall seems a good little mod, I would say comparable in quality to the Victoria track. (Not the worst by any stretch)

However it would also open the door to having multiple layouts of it, such as the modern version, the pre '06 layout, and if Pibosos feeling brave, the Old OLD layout, which would be cool for the Norton Manx and 'Legends' Riders imo. They're in the sim so why not use them for me anyway.

I have a vid on the current-old version of Assen up on my yt, it's certainly not the 'worst' quality mod out there imo

Link if anyone is interested:

https://youtu.be/Jdb74XJCz5A

Hawk

December 11, 2018, 03:21:39 PM #99 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:24:30 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 11, 2018, 02:58:37 PM
The current-old version of Assen, (that's a confusing one) that I have installed seems to be a decent quality, although it could do with some updating in terms of kerbing and some textures, but overall seems a good little mod, I would say comparable in quality to the Victoria track. (Not the worst by any stretch)

However it would also open the door to having multiple layouts of it, such as the modern version, the pre '06 layout, and if Pibosos feeling brave, the Old OLD layout, which would be cool for the Norton Manx and 'Legends' Riders imo. They're in the sim so why not use them for me anyway.

I have a vid on the current-old version of Assen up on my yt, it's certainly not the 'worst' quality mod out there imo

Link if anyone is interested:

https://youtu.be/Jdb74XJCz5A

That is definitely the version I personally was talking about from the track database that badly needs replacing: It's flat track surface with 1990's model topology(no real details/shape), textures are pretty awful and the track scale/height map and track camber angles are very inaccurate together with inaccurate kerbing. Plus the trees are missing together with other circuit peripheral objects and landscaping.
Basically it is a very very basic representation of the real classic Assen TT circuit and really does need replacing with a good version built from scratch. :)

PS: Like the vid mate... I've not seen that track for a good while; we used to ride it regular in GPbike race events/championships.  ;) 8)

Myst1cPrun3

December 11, 2018, 03:29:32 PM #100 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:49:10 PM by Myst1cPrun3
I can't really say how accurate or inaccurate it is compared to the real world version, as I have never ridden it, and was only 8ish when it was changed. There are definitely worse tracks available and it is quite rideable with a decent flow, if it is in need of a texture/bump map/3d update. As for this update, I've only tried a handful of things with track modding and was catastrophically unsuccessful, so I can't say if it's worth updating or would be less work to start from scratch? I'll leave that decision to the people that know what they're doing lol. But it's definitely rideable, and there are very few bugs that I've found, so it's been well tested at least.

EDIT: What I will say is that I've been playing MotoGP 4 on PCSX2 a load recently, and I've just done the Assen round of career mode there, and that version seems much more 'lived in' shall we say, and with a texture boost of x8 in the PCSX settings it looks startlingly good, and not like a 13-14 ish year old ps2 game. Again I can't vouch for accuracy, but would it be possible to rip that version and import it over, just as a stop gap until its either remade or updated. As far as I can find the MGP 4 game is abandon ware as of now, (don't quote me on that tho, ans I'm not 100% sure), so it shouldn't be so much of an issue providing it can be done? Or even rip the older version from a milestone game, believe it was in VRTG the game?

Hawk

December 11, 2018, 04:23:49 PM #101 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:28:09 PM by Hawk
Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on December 11, 2018, 03:29:32 PM
I can't really say how accurate or inaccurate it is compared to the real world version, as I have never ridden it, and was only 8ish when it was changed. There are definitely worse tracks available and it is quite rideable with a decent flow, if it is in need of a texture/bump map/3d update. As for this update, I've only tried a handful of things with track modding and was catastrophically unsuccessful, so I can't say if it's worth updating or would be less work to start from scratch? I'll leave that decision to the people that know what they're doing lol. But it's definitely rideable, and there are very few bugs that I've found, so it's been well tested at least.

EDIT: What I will say is that I've been playing MotoGP 4 on PCSX2 a load recently, and I've just done the Assen round of career mode there, and that version seems much more 'lived in' shall we say, and with a texture boost of x8 in the PCSX settings it looks startlingly good, and not like a 13-14 ish year old ps2 game. Again I can't vouch for accuracy, but would it be possible to rip that version and import it over, just as a stop gap until its either remade or updated. As far as I can find the MGP 4 game is abandon ware as of now, (don't quote me on that tho, ans I'm not 100% sure), so it shouldn't be so much of an issue providing it can be done? Or even rip the older version from a milestone game, believe it was in VRTG the game?
Worth doing another mod version of the classic Assen TT Circuit? I guess it depends on whether Piboso decides to actually do the Assen track and also how long before he can complete it?  :)

I think this is the version Piboso is talking about with the pre 2006 layout...... Anyone notice the very young looking Pedrosa in the pits near the beginning? Lol  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/v/eMUiClqXeJs



Personally I'd rather Piboso do this version which I beleive is still the original layout which was slightly longer than even the pre 2006 version.
https://www.youtube.com/v/omk5sHY2xwI

But you can really see the track corner cambers on these old layouts..... Much more track camber than on the latest modern Assen track corners.  ;)


Myst1cPrun3

December 11, 2018, 06:11:08 PM #102 Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:13:14 PM by Myst1cPrun3
Aside from the externals, such as kerbing and advertising I personally can't notice much difference, except it looks like in the 2002 layout the 'Strubben' hairpin, as well as the back straight has had some adjustments and re profiling, namely the kinks being sharpened, and one being added towards the end of the Veenslang/Ruskenhoek section it looks like. I personally prefer the 2002 layout, as that style of Assen, such as the one in MotoGP 4 is where I started watching MotoGP so its what I remember. I do think the 500s need some love in GPB however, so the older version would make more sense to me to add in, and isn't really different enough to warrant 2 versions, unless one is modded in should Piboso decide to develop a version. It also seems like the kinks in the first part are tightened as well especially in this vid, although this being the '05 layout it sort of looks like its in between the old and new version, as its mid development I should imagine at this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9IxPEZIWPY

I personally would love to see the REALLY old version (which is the first pic I've attached), before they shortened it into the pre 2006 version, for the Norton's which don't seem to get used enough IMO.

The second pic appears to be a map that shows how the track changed between 2002, which is vid you shared and 2006 which was the last version before it was shortened, and I find it quite interesting to see just how many changes there were in the time, as I never considered the re-modeling a transitional phase, I just assumed they did it all in one go, which would show that if Assen was introduced as an official track then Piboso would have to be quite picky with the year, as the 2002 variant differed from the 2005 variant quite a lot in the last couple of sectors, and the kerbing/runoffs are very different also.




h106frp

Cambered turns are something else that needs fixing, currently the bike will tend towards a lowside as if the camber is being added to the the lean angle.  :(

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: h106frp on December 11, 2018, 06:26:49 PM
Cambered turns are something else that needs fixing, currently the bike will tend towards a lowside as if the camber is being added to the the lean angle.  :(

TBF, shell oil hairpin at Oulton Park doesn't seem to bad for the low siding thing, it just seems very understeery compared to the real world, although that may be me not doing it right. The issue seems to arise when the camber ends, and the tracks go relatively flat, the front just washes along the floor, at that weird point between a wheelie and losing the front. Then it goes down. That's just my experience, I can't think of another track aside from Daytona that has banking that's noticeable in GPB?