• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Suzuki-GSVR Alien circuitry Skin *Edit- New clocks added*

Started by pUnK-fOoT, January 31, 2014, 04:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pUnK-fOoT

January 31, 2014, 04:59:41 PM Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:15:35 PM by pUnK-fOoT
Hi people, new member here, bought the sim 2-3 weeks ago, and haven't been able to put it down yet, best 22 Euro i ever spent, love the physics, anyway here's a just for fun skin i made for the Suzuki-GSVR, i've made a few, i started skinning before really playing it and made the Rizla skin (in rizla colour not primary racing colours), and then discovered it's already there, serves me right for modding before playing as usual, i've also made different standard RPM and readout display, but i'm not happy with it yet, made the RPM much smaller and non transparent, but i was just messing around, i will have another serious go at it soon  ;)

Was gonna attempt to do the Isle of Man TT course, or some of it, then discovered someone is already onto that......can't wait  :D

The picture here is poor quality and a little blurry, i will try using BMP next time

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fd7j7u3k3e50dk0/PF%20Alien%20Circuit.pnt

Arvoss

pUnK-fOoT

Thanks dude, yeah the suit took a while to be honest, nightmare gettin everything lined up with no UV overlay, the bike only took 20mins.

I'm a 3d modeller, so hopefully will be able to produce some bikes eventually (am crap with scripting), just gotta get my head round things but this game is just too much damn fun, i'm torn between playing it and playing with it.

Awesome job by the devs and folks here on what we got so far, i can't believe this game isn't more popular, great skins, great models, great physics, what's wrong with people lol

Docfumi

Quote from: pUnK-fOoT on January 31, 2014, 06:51:21 PM
i can't believe this game isn't more popular, great skins, great models, great physics, what's wrong with people lol

Nice skin welcome to GP Bikes, and we´re a cult so most people are afraid of us.  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

HornetMaX

Quote from: pUnK-fOoT on February 02, 2014, 03:47:31 PM
**Don't forget to backup your misc.pkz before overwriting it** (installation instructions included for anyone who is new)
Hmm ... that's a risky operation for some people here (yeah, I know ...) and may lead to troubles and "bug" reports.

I think the proper way to do this kind of changes is this one:

• You only pack the files you have modified/added (within their own directory (misc).
  • People download the archive and unpack it in the appropriate place (i.e. GPB root dir).
  • Files present in the "misc" directory will have precedence over files in the misc.pkz, so your files will "override" (without overwriting) the default ones.

That way people do not have to touch misc.pkz at all and the day they wan to go back to default stuff, they just have to remove their "misc" directory.

It works exactly the same for all the other .pkz files.

MaX.

pUnK-fOoT

I tried to think of a way around it, i was gonna just put up the hud folder and ask people to make a misc folder and drop it in there, which would work, but the way the original clocks were made includes a hud.cfg postioned font, which isn't over ridden when this new misc folder method is applied, which gives numbers and lines everywhere over the new clock :(
Hope that made sense, lol?!

also much uneeded data is getting downloaded/ overwritten

Sorry, i hope it hasn't  caused a problem, I'll just have to take it down until i can work a way around it, maybe if i replace the original .fnt file, with a blank one the numbers won't appear, i can try that.

Docfumi

HornetMaX

Quote from: pUnK-fOoT on February 02, 2014, 07:49:33 PM
I tried to think of a way around it, i was gonna just put up the hud folder and ask people to make a misc folder and drop it in there, which would work, but the way the original clocks were made includes a hud.cfg postioned font, which isn't over ridden when this new misc folder method is applied, which gives numbers and lines everywhere over the new clock :(
I don't exactly understand what  the problem is: if you put the download link back again (or if you PM it to me) I can have a look and see if there's a better way to deploy your HUD.

MaX.

pUnK-fOoT

February 03, 2014, 12:05:22 AM #9 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:19:57 AM by pUnK-fOoT
Quote from: HornetMaX on February 02, 2014, 08:38:38 PM
Quote from: pUnK-fOoT on February 02, 2014, 07:49:33 PM
I don't exactly understand what  the problem is: if you put the download link back again (or if you PM it to me) I can have a look and see if there's a better way to deploy your HUD.

MaX.

Thanks dude, but it worked, it's just a hud folder now with only the modded files in, links below

Bike clock cluster:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq5qdc4gfs6zyob/Clock%20Cluster.rar

Alien HUD:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7swoyumjzx1zksz/Alien%20Hud.rar

Just make a 'misc' folder in your main game directory and unrar the hud folder into it 
So the file path ends up looking like this for Windows 7:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\misc\hud "   

HornetMaX

February 03, 2014, 01:03:58 AM #10 Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:03:24 AM by HornetMaX
Quote from: pUnK-fOoT on February 03, 2014, 12:05:22 AM
Thanks dude, but it worked, it's just a hud folder now with only the modded files in, links below

Just make a 'misc' folder in your main game directory and unrar the hud folder into it 
So the file path ends up looking like this for Windows 7: "C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes\gpbikes\misc\hud "

Much better this way. Works perfectly !

MaX.

pUnK-fOoT

I've been messing around with the UI a little bit, for a different feel, some might not like metal, but i do  ;D
Again not sure where to put erroneous mods so i thought i'd just tag it on here.

Just unrar the UI folder to the main directory and delete if ya don't like it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hgnm64w0nhs3x2/ui.rar

Docfumi

HornetMaX

Quote from: pUnK-fOoT on February 08, 2014, 07:37:17 PM
I've been messing around with the UI a little bit, for a different feel, some might not like metal, but i do  ;D
Again not sure where to put erroneous mods so i thought i'd just tag it on here.
Maybe just in the "Mods" section (the "parent" one of "Paints").

Quote from: pUnK-fOoT on February 08, 2014, 07:37:17 PM
Just unrar the UI folder to the main directory and delete if ya don't like it
A small preview pics would be helpful to show what's your mod about.

And wow ! There's some effort in it ! Love the showroom !
I'm not sure all the icons are understandable but I do like the small sounds: (pits, bike startup, ...).

Don't know why, but the confirmation dialog when exiting (Exit ? Yes / No) does not appear in the center of the screen. May not be your fault though.

Max.

MaX.

pUnK-fOoT

Thanks guys,  yeah the exit confirmation i put there purposely for quickness in exiting, mouse much closer to yes/ no.... i'm so impatient lol

I've done as you say, and put it in the main mods directory with a screenshot

http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=697.0