• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:18:57 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Beta15 has server side option for "no dyn surface" : get rid os all NDS tracks ?

Started by HornetMaX, February 12, 2019, 10:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

I hate when people put message content in the title but well, that's it.

Should we get rid of all the NDC tracks and keep only the DS versions ?

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 12, 2019, 10:33:47 AM
I hate when people put message content in the title but well, that's it.

Should we get rid of all the NDC tracks and keep only the DS versions ?

For those tracks that do have DS versions, I'd personally say yes, so long as we are sure that DS versions are stable enough to do a full GP length multiplayer race with a full grid? That I don't think has been fully tested as yet..... There has not been that many races or championships held over the last two betas due to one issue or another.  :)

But I would suggest just putting the NDS tracks into a separate database folder first, rather than fully deleting them, so that they are quickly available should we need them again before v1.0 is released?

Napalm Nick

Is the server function tested yet? Does it make a Dynamic track non dynamic? 
As Hawk says the tracks without a Dynamic version  need to be kept. Delete nothing yet.

Maybe the question should be does the server function work and are Dynamic tracks (in races - think netcode ) actually proven yet. 10 years of not working vs a couple of comments saying they are Ok raises my caution flag. (yellow)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

teeds

The Moto2 Champ that ran mid last year had 15 or so riders in, and with dynamic tracks it was basically stable every race. It's now way better than the restart fests we used to get every race with less riders.

But another problem that surfaced was that funny things happened to the front end handling if you rode clean and fast for 6-8 laps, and it got worse with time and no crashes, it also seemed to reset if you crashed. Not tested for that in B15 yet.

davidboda46

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 12, 2019, 02:06:15 PM
Is the server function tested yet? Does it make a Dynamic track non dynamic? 
As Hawk says the tracks without a Dynamic version  need to be kept. Delete nothing yet.

Maybe the question should be does the server function work and are Dynamic tracks (in races - think netcode ) actually proven yet. 10 years of not working vs a couple of comments saying they are Ok raises my caution flag. (yellow)

+1

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on February 12, 2019, 10:51:53 AM
But I would suggest just putting the NDS tracks into a separate database folder first, rather than fully deleting them, so that they are quickly available should we need them again before v1.0 is released?
Yeah, of course. Didn't mean "get rid" as "blast into outer space".

Hide NDC version, have people playing on DS and let's see what happens.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 12, 2019, 07:26:25 PM
Quote from: Hawk on February 12, 2019, 10:51:53 AM
Yeah, of course. Didn't mean "get rid" as "blast into outer space".

Hide NDC version, have people playing on DS and let's see what happens.

Yeah definitely agree with that mate..... Let's get people playing with DS tracks and see what the feedback from them is..... Preferably get a good server up so we can stress test with a full grid and full length GP race too.  ;) 8)