• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:13:33 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Rendering code rewrite

Started by HornetMaX, April 20, 2019, 10:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Any detail that can be shared at the moment ?

You know, just to keep people even more on their toes ... :)

PiBoSo

The parts of rendering code still using the legacy fixed pipeline of OpenGL are being rewritten to use the programmable pipeline instead.
The reason is to try to solve the poor performances on Radeon cards.

Sadly, results so far have been disappointing to say the least...
Only 12 fps more, a mere 10% improvement.
My signature is more relevant than ever  :(
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

matty0l215

10% isn't anything to sniff at. On lower end machines that 10% could mean the difference between unplayable and playable.

What spec is your PC??
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

PiBoSo

April 20, 2019, 09:08:03 PM #3 Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:45:38 PM by PiBoSo
The test PC uses an Intel i5-4590 and Radeon RX 580 4GB.
All MX Bikes settings maxed out, 1920x1080, no AA.

PiBoSo

The terrain rendering performance has been greatly improved. See attached screens.

However, sadly the FPS on Radeon are still worse than on Nvidia  :-\

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 25, 2019, 08:56:06 PMThe terrain rendering performance has been greatly improved. See attached screens.
Greatly improved ?! That's what I can being hard on yourself ... you doubled the FPS !!

Asdrael

57 to 100, as an AMD user I'll take it :p Good job. When you say settings maxed out, you mean shaders and reflections are on, correct?
Asdrael - #15

PiBoSo

Quote from: Asdrael on April 26, 2019, 11:20:23 AMWhen you say settings maxed out, you mean shaders and reflections are on, correct?

Correct.

Asdrael

Well then, excellent. Not up to Nvidia speed but such a major improvement is nothing to be ashamed of.
Asdrael - #15

connorhall70

April 26, 2019, 04:29:41 PM #9 Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:32:56 PM by connorhall70
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 20, 2019, 08:38:30 PMThe parts of rendering code still using the legacy fixed pipeline of OpenGL are being rewritten to use the programmable pipeline instead.
The reason is to try to solve the poor performances on Radeon cards.

Sadly, results so far have been disappointing to say the least...
Only 12 fps more, a mere 10% improvement.
My signature is more relevant than ever  :(
might jsut be me but i really like the warmer look on the higher fps photo, not sure why its different but i really like it. i think u should keep that lol

also, as long as its possible to maintain over 60fps you'd think many would be okay, since i doubt many use or even care about a racing game at higher refresh rates, i know id chose lack of tearing over a 3 digit number lol excluding freesync etc.
GanjaGod