• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:05:51 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Moto 3 KTM

Started by Dani_s13, February 06, 2014, 05:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neoraptor

Everything you need is here : http://gpbikes-mods.wikia.com/wiki/Motor

Knowing Torque = Power/RPM, you can build the torque curve and use it to build your motor ;)
After, you can take care of the rest (explore a bit the wiki).
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

Dani_s13

ok thanks men i can try.. jajja

C21

February 06, 2014, 09:38:40 PM #17 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:41:11 PM by C21
Important is to set the brake torque curve correctly!
feel free to ask if you struggle with the engine  ;)

As far as i can see from the pics the rider needs repositioning  ;)
Can´t wait to race a Moto3 bike....could be fun :-)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on February 06, 2014, 06:53:27 PM
Could you please clearly describe how do you solved the problem?
My understanding is that the positioning of the 3d elements is done by the .geom file.
If you've made a new 3d model and want to do it's real physics, then you should modify the .geom file with the real measures of the bike; if the 3d model is correct the parts should connect at the right places.

If on the other hand you want to do a new 3d model on an existing physics, then you don't want to edit the .geom, so you have to position the individual parts during the export (chassis, steering, lower front, swingarm) in a way that they connect correctly in GPB. This is what he has done I think.

MaX.

Alone

great Dani!

Max, silly question: if you take the data from the 3d model, can you do the .geom from that? and it will change some behavior of the bike?

Dani_s13

If max, that's what I've done because I have no idea how the geom works .. Slowly is the first time that I export to gpbikes

Thanks Alone!!!!

HornetMaX

February 06, 2014, 10:37:07 PM #21 Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:42:15 PM by HornetMaX
Quote from: Alone on February 06, 2014, 10:13:09 PM
Max, silly question: if you take the data from the 3d model, can you do the .geom from that? and it will change some behavior of the bike?
Ideally, creating a bike from scratch should go this way:

• You take real measures of the bike
  • You create the 3d model with the real measures
  • You put the real measures also in the .geom file
In that case you have agreement between the numbers in the .geom and the numbers in the 3d file.
For example: with the front and rear suspension fully extended, you can compute the bike's wheelbase from the .geom or you can measure it in 3ds and you should get the same value.

Of course it's important to have the same suspension "status" in both the 3ds file and the .geom computations when you do this, otherwise the numbers will be different.

Another possible way could be: you create the 3d model as good as you can, then you use the 3d model to "deduce" the .geom.

@Alone: when you did the R6, did you "stretch" it in 3ds to fit the Varese geometry (i.e. to make it look correct in GPB) ?

But for all this questions I guess the real guru is _oDi_: they have done the zip (scooter) with his own 3d model and his own .geom and it seems to be almost perfect in terms of agreement between the 3d model and the .geom. As I have never played with 3ds, I may be missing something.

MaX.

P.S.
Yes, changing the .geom file will alter the bike's behavior.

Alone

Yes, I strongly "stretch" the model to fit the Varese, the same as I did with the moto2 bikes :/
Thx for the reply.

Reserching... :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Alone on February 06, 2014, 10:41:31 PM
Yes, I strongly "stretch" the model to fit the Varese, the same as I did with the moto2 bikes :/
At the time that was your only option, as you were obliged to use the varese physics (or the 990 physics, same issue).

Today you could take your original "unstretched" 3d model, but then you'd need to change the .geom accordingly.
You may want to coordinate that with neoraptor: he knows plenty on the .geom file so ...

MaX.

C21

QuoteYes, I strongly "stretch" the model to fit the Varese, the same as I did with the moto2 bikes :/
My googles don´t lie.... ;D
I thought that every time i looked at the bike.
Thanks for clarifiying that.
I can understand your action but that should not be done this way....
Don´t ask me how...i´m totally new in 3dsmax and modding  ;D
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Dani_s13

Hi I have started the engine but do not quite understand the wiki which really are the values​​? here for example?

point0 = 1.88, 3.6502850326
               RPS  ,   NM/hp/kw ...?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Dani_s13 on February 08, 2014, 01:18:49 PM
Hi I have started the engine but do not quite understand the wiki which really are the values​​? here for example?

point0 = 1.88, 3.6502850326
               RPS  ,   NM/hp/kw ...?
The curves are torque ones, hence in Nm at a specific RPS point.

To get the power, as explained in the wiki:
> Power (kW) = NM * RPM * 2 * PI  / 60000

> Power (PS or HP or Cv) = Power (kW) / 0.73549875

So you do:  Power in HP = (Torque in Nm * RPS * 2 * PI  / 1000) / 0.73549875, where you take RPS and Torque (in Nm) from the engine map. Invert the formula to get the torque from the Power.

MaX.

Dani_s13

Thanks Friend!!!!   ;D ;D