• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

More Realistic Crashes

Started by Myst1cPrun3, July 22, 2019, 06:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Having just seen a 'ragdoll' topic in this suggestions topic, it got me thinking about more Realistic crashes in general. (not necessarily damage just physics wise)

For instance the bikes have a tendency to flip out when dropped, especially in the wet, having realistic physics for that would be awesome.

As for the rider, a realistic ragdoll animation, instead of the facepalm would be so much better I have to agree.

One other thing regarding the rider would be that in the first person cameras, when you crash you stay in the first person cameras, and roll/bounce with your ragdolling dude. (similar to crashing a bike in gta first person mode)

Peoples

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 22, 2019, 06:54:47 AMHaving just seen a 'ragdoll' topic in this suggestions topic, it got me thinking about more Realistic crashes in general. (not necessarily damage just physics wise)

For instance the bikes have a tendency to flip out when dropped, especially in the wet, having realistic physics for that would be awesome.

As for the rider, a realistic ragdoll animation, instead of the facepalm would be so much better I have to agree.

One other thing regarding the rider would be that in the first person cameras, when you crash you stay in the first person cameras, and roll/bounce with your ragdolling dude. (similar to crashing a bike in gta first person mode)
I agree dude. Implementing crash physics will be great and I hope to see them one day in GPB as well

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Peoples link=msg=99243
date=1563786680
I agree dude. Implementing crash physics will be great and I hope to see them one day in GPB as well

It's so noticeable in the wet. Instead of sliding quick along the tarmac the bike stops dead and starts

Doing some exorsims or some s**t I have no clue lol

DidietXFuera

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on July 22, 2019, 06:54:47 AMHaving just seen a 'ragdoll' topic in this suggestions topic, it got me thinking about more Realistic crashes in general. (not necessarily damage just physics wise)

Agree!
GP-Bikes INDONESIA
Like GP-Bikes Indonesia Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gpbindo/

CDRKrotchetyUSN

Agree! The camera should stay with the rider!

+1

Hawk

Crash physics should've been implemented long before now, though I suspect the reason it hasn't is cause of the limitations and extra work involved for Piboso's proprietary physics engine, in other words his engine is not capable of simulating such things yet?

If Piboso would've swapped over to the likes of UE4 then such things would be relatively easy to implement and have saved Piboso much time in development, hence the reason hardly any indie dev develops their own proprietary game engines anymore cause it just doesn't make any sense to do so nowadays.....

.... Just saying. :)  :P

Yansko

Why piboso dont want to use UE4 ?

matty0l215

Multiple reasons, chiefly it is a massive task to convert over to UE4 and Piboso has complete freedom over the Core engine.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Hawk

October 03, 2019, 07:10:44 PM #8 Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 07:13:43 PM by Hawk
Quote from: matty0l215 on October 03, 2019, 05:55:38 PMMultiple reasons, chiefly it is a massive task to convert over to UE4 and Piboso has complete freedom over the Core engine.

The first reason you make is a reason to procrastinate somewhat over the decision, however, the second reason I'm not so sure about.....

There is nothing Piboso needs from his bespoke proprietary engine that cannot already be fulfilled by UE4 and so much more should he need it...... It's simply a "No-Brainer" decision to make considering the time it will take Piboso to develop any further "Piboso-engine" features and then still be massively behind what the likes of UE4 can do for his projects. He'll never be able to catch-up with the capabilities of the UE4 engine simply cause UE4 is currently far superior and is further developing at such a far greater pace than anything Piboso could ever hope to achieve as a one man-developer :P  ;)

UE4 engine allows developers to solely concentrate on developing actual projects rather than having to consider developing game-engine features and tools to achieve those projects..... All for a matter of 5% of each unit sold..... As I said, it's a "No-Brainer", especially for one man indie-devs that don't have deep pockets to back their projects up with. :)

There are good reasons big developers are fast switching over to using the UE4-SDK rather than developing their own proprietary game engines these days.... Personally I hope Piboso see's the light sooner rather than later... Even if he had to take a year out of releasing any updates to do it? :)

Myst1cPrun3

If its what is needed, I'd gladly purchase a GP Bikes 2 so to speak if it was made in UE4 with all the same features

Hawk

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on October 03, 2019, 08:24:08 PMIf its what is needed, I'd gladly purchase a GP Bikes 2 so to speak if it was made in UE4 with all the same features

Me too..... Maybe this would be a good reason to make the switch Piboso considering the number of people who've bought GPBikes now? You know how much people like to buy into version 2.0's. ;D

Plus it would give Piboso a chance to implement things differently, maybe more efficiently, given the experience and knowledge on the subject he must have now?

Myst1cPrun3

We will see. He didn't seem too bothered when it's been mentioned in the past, and I doubt he'd want to take all the work away from his other projects, which would make it more difficult to implement there features as it's one less game for things to be ported across from.

morvio100

November 03, 2022, 08:29:09 PM #12 Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 08:32:21 PM by morvio100
It would of course ...be great ..to see the Great One = Piboso take on the UE5 heavyweights in the graphics department...but lets be fair ....the Great One = Piboso...is generally regarded ..as a physics savant of sorts....and has provided +great physics....the eye candy heavy UR4/5 seems is streaking ahead....he may very likely suprise !!....as he did with the almost secretive sudden announcement way back when with the "oh yaeh guys gp is now 64 bit"...at which the modders were rubbing their hands with glee....the engine aint that bad at all but most certainly needs refinement/modernization..and I'm sure he himself is very well aware of the fact...but the UR4/5 brigade probably condescend the creation on these grounds while probably secretly envying his genius in the physics department...will he ever catch the graphics heavyweights ...that's a question only the Great One = Piboso can answer...he has been working on the rendering pipeline of late...something tells me the the Great One = Piboso is likely to have a trick or two under his sleeve though...in real terms ...he will simple have to tbh...the gaming world today is a pretty brutal landscape these days/and are almost EXPECTANT OF NEAR PHOTOREALISM..one solution of course would be to post on the reprisal...is that he states that all ongoing tasks for various release are being put on hold for 3/6 months..soley to concentrate on/ developing ...off the chart/shaders ....that are gonna make the URE4/5 brigade envious....we wish the Great One = Piboso well on his development journey...he is all ways open to innovation and striving for perfection....+1