• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:31:48 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Audible Rider Aids

Started by Myst1cPrun3, August 21, 2019, 08:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Not sure exactly what is possible in GPB at the minute, so it may be a question for moddders as much as Piboso, but would it be possible to implement an option for 'Audible Aids'?

Most modern bikes use modified engine notes so allow the rider to know when he/she is hitting the tc engegement limit.

Would be so cool to have in gpb as the noise is pretty cool, and due to limitations in GPB being a computer program, and not giving the same 'tactile feedback' you get on a real bike, or even in some car sims with wheels, this could be a neat feature to help riders know just where the limit is.

Oh, did I mention the noise is cool too?  ;)

Here is a vid of the Hp4 race, (not me, and I take no credit for any of it), but you can clearly hear the noise on exit of some corners. (you may need headphones to hear it clearly)

Hawk

I presume you mean an audible aid for TC similar to the engine limiter and knee scrapping on ground audible aids in GPB?

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2019, 08:01:39 AMI presume you mean an audible aid for TC similar to the engine limiter and knee scrapping on ground audible aids in GPB?

Pretty much yeah. Most modern bikes have like a 'bubbly backfire' (only way I can even think to describe it) when the TC Engages

Hawk

Yeah.... like the noise a 2 stroke makes when the throttles are feathered.... A tinny stuttering noise from the engine. ;)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on August 22, 2019, 03:25:05 PMYeah.... like the noise a 2 stroke makes when the throttles are feathered.... A tinny stuttering noise from the engine. ;)

Kinda. In fact (and I know you'll love the next words) it wouldnt surprise me if that was a similar effect, just electronically controlled throttle feathering.

Either way its a cool sound and would provide that little extra feedback to a user who perhaps doesn't have all the 'mod cons' available.

Seeing as the MaxHud TCS box lights up when you hit the TCS, I should imagine you could use a similar bit of code to play an audio instead of light up a box, but I'm not a programmer so I'm not sure if it works that way