• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:13:15 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Assen GP (Smooth Version Renamed)

Started by Klax75, February 12, 2014, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

February 12, 2014, 06:13:54 PM Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:34:05 PM by Klax75
(Blank)

dibu

Quote from: Klax75 on February 12, 2014, 06:13:54 PM
Hey guys, this is the smoothed version of Assen done by RBp but I renamed it Assen GP, so that old replays with the other will still work and won't crash GP Bikes. The track works I just did a 2:29 on it. ;) Now the old and the new version can be side by side like Brno, Brno GP.

https://mega.co.nz/#!gIgyxagA!ZFv1M2AA8g9ZLAPWUXvTPR0gS6VPB1WlNFRUlFY_4v0
And what's about the online stats now? The track is already registered as 'Assen'. With respect to the work of RBp I think it's better to wait until he renames the track (or not).

Klax75

I did this because all replays for the old Assen will crash now. Because the smoothed version GP Bikes sees as a different track all together. We have Brno and Brno GP (Smoothed version)

dibu

Quote from: Klax75 on February 12, 2014, 06:24:33 PM
I did this because all replays for the old Assen will crash now. Because the smoothed version GP Bikes sees as a different track all together. We have Brno and Brno GP (Smoothed version)
I know your problem but if someone uses your renamed track it will not show up in the stats.

RBp

you make a mess of the stat page with two version of every track listed so you can watch an old replay. brno was only done because timing stat could not be updated.

Klax75

Why can't this been the smoothed one? It's exactly same as Brno and Brno GP. Brno GP being the smoothed one.

Klax75

I removed it, I didn't notice anything in Assen that need to be fixed, Anyway it's removed.

dibu

February 12, 2014, 06:36:30 PM #7 Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 06:39:02 PM by dibu
Quote from: Klax75 on February 12, 2014, 06:32:13 PM
Why can't this been the smoothed one? It's exactly same as Brno and Brno GP. Brno GP being the smoothed one.
I also vote for a clear line in the stats. For watching your old replays you only have to rename your Assen tracks, that's all. It's not worth the price of having a mess in the stats.

Edit: @Klax75, thanks for removing - I think it's the better way :)

Klax75

I don't agree with this. I am done talking about it.  :)

RBp

thanks klax75,  that will save a lot of confusing for the whole commity knowing what tracks to download and keep the record page looking abit more professional.

The export code was incorrect for original Brno I had no choice but to rename the track so it showed in the stats. It wasn't by design or choice.

Klax75

If you look at the stats page, there are 5 stats total. Because GP Bikes is seeing the smoothed Assen as a new track. There is only stats for 125cc nothing else. And I just set one of them. Assen GP would have been the only one to be hosted on the servers. Just like Brno GP. There would have been no problem with stats since the stats page thinks it's a new track already. Check any of the categories there all blank.

http://stats.gp-bikes.com/records.php?trackid=36&bikeid=1

RBp

February 12, 2014, 07:31:46 PM #11 Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:35:39 PM by RBp
I reset the stats last night for assen buddy,  has nothing to do with GPbikes.

Your replay don't work because I need to change the TCL line to fix a reset issue on the kerbs, just suck it up buddy it proibly happen a lot by the look of most the tracks.

HornetMaX

Hmm ... I'm lost in all this.
If a smoothed version is created (whichever track) and "approved" by the community, it should replace the old version ans stats should be reset.

Old replays ? Do we really care ?
If yes, people can always watch them one last time and capture a video.

MaX.

Alby46

or save the old version of the track.
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Alby46 on February 12, 2014, 08:02:57 PM
or save the old version of the track.
That would be OK, but not having N versions of the same track in the online stats. That would suck.

MaX.