• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 15, 2019, 10:16:11 pm

News:

GP Bikes beta16b available! :)

HELP: GP Bikes Dedicated Server Hosting

Started by Myst1cPrun3, September 07, 2019, 08:08:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

SOOO, I'm an idiot, I tried dedicated server hosting. And I was kinda successful, in that my servers appear in GPB, and people seem to be able to play them.

However whenever I go to play them, all I see is 'connection timeout' whenever I go to the world tab, and before when I could get to the world tab, I tried to join the server and I just got a blank screen with cancel in. Now I cant connect at all, despite removing all files and a clean GPB Install. HELP.

Oh, and I don't know how to shut my servers down so there's just about 3 - 4 servers of mine that I cant stop LOL

matty0l215

Did you set up a static IP and port forwarding for the server??

These may help- https://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=3635.0

Myst1cPrun3

I'll have a look at those, but I did most of the steps in the 'Dedicated Server' tab. Sigh, will start again tho thanks for the links :)

(BTW The YT Links don't work, but the videos exist quick search and I got them)

matty0l215

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on September 07, 2019, 08:18:38 pmI'll have a look at those, but I did most of the steps in the 'Dedicated Server' tab. Sigh, will start again tho thanks for the links :)
I've followed these to the letter and got a server up and running before so good luck :P

Quote(BTW The YT Links don't work, but the videos exist quick search and I got them)
Fixed Now.

Myst1cPrun3

Done this, server is up and running as per videos, works fine. However I still cant connect to online when I go to play GPBjust get connection timeout

Myst1cPrun3

I did mistakenly try to launch the game from the same GPB Install,

Will it have changed anything in the profile.ini?

Myst1cPrun3

it says:

[net]
connection = 4

what should this be as I dont remember it being 4

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Myst1cPrun3

Clean GPB install and Problem appears to be fixed

matty0l215

Welcome to hosting Dedicated servers. You touch nothing and it all goes to pot :P

It is easier setting up another machine to host the dedicated rather than running it on the same machine as you play on but obviously that isn't always possible. I used to use an old laptop with a wired connection

Myst1cPrun3

Debating Whipping out my old machine and using that

matty0l215

Literally, anything that can run Windows will work. Dedicated servers use practically no machine resources. They just need a fast and stable internet connection

Myst1cPrun3

now I cant see any m2 skins, my server shuts down whenever I try to join it, and i cant connect to any server that isn't m2 @ victoria. This is going well lol