• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:53:59 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Manual control for the leg dangle

Started by Vini, September 08, 2019, 10:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

September 08, 2019, 10:38:31 AM Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:12:16 AM by Vini
Pretty straightforward request: Give us the option to map a button to the leg dangle animation for manual control.
Seeing how GPB allows you to do everything else manually, I find it a bit odd that this option was not included from the start.
For gamepad users, mapping it to one of the thumbstick buttons (L3 or R3) would require no extra control effort because you usually press those buttons already anyhow when running too hot into a corner and consequently tensing up.
It would allow us to further finetune our riding style and the result will look much more real with proper dynamics and so on.

Myst1cPrun3

This was suggested in the beta 16 tab, and the result for now was an alternate riding style. I think if it started influencing physics this would be necessary

Vini

September 08, 2019, 02:09:11 PM #2 Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 02:11:57 PM by Vini
Yes but that thread is gone so I decided to put it in a seperate thread.
Let's not get into the discussion what's necessary and what not again, because the leg dangle itself is already completely unnecessary. But now that it's in the game, not allowing manual control does not make sense.
If anything, a manual mode would make more sense now (with no physics influence) because it would mean no unfair advantage possible.