• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
December 15, 2019, 02:27:30 am

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


Track limits available to plugins ?

Started by HornetMaX, February 17, 2014, 09:53:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi Piboso,

GPB/WRS (as per beta4) make the track centerline available in the plugin interface.

Playing around with TrackEd I noticed that it seems to "automatically" generate the track limits, i.e. the two lines describing the track's "left" and "right" border (the white squares plotted when you generate the surface).

Would it make sense to make the two lines available in the plugin interface too ?
Probably it's not a big deal for an "HUD" style plugin, but they may be useful the day we have a decent telemetry analysis software.

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 17, 2014, 09:53:53 am
Hi Piboso,

GPB/WRS (as per beta4) make the track centerline available in the plugin interface.

Playing around with TrackEd I noticed that it seems to "automatically" generate the track limits, i.e. the two lines describing the track's "left" and "right" border (the white squares plotted when you generate the surface).

Would it make sense to make the two lines available in the plugin interface too ?
Probably it's not a big deal for an "HUD" style plugin, but they may be useful the day we have a decent telemetry analysis software.

MaX.


Those lines are not very accurate, though, unless the track maker carefully names the objects.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 17, 2014, 10:07:54 pm
Those lines are not very accurate, though, unless the track maker carefully names the objects.


If these lines can be made accurate (and on Victoria they seem to be so), we'll slap the track makers long enough until they make them so :)

MaX.


HornetMaX

Others things that could be passed in the plugin interface (with the centerline call): the position of the splits, sped trap and track's checkpoints.
Right now I parse them from the .rdf file, but it's a messy solution.

They could also be useful for a plugin exporting the telemetry for a telemetry analysis software.

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 14, 2014, 06:19:54 pm
Others things that could be passed in the plugin interface (with the centerline call): the position of the splits, sped trap and track's checkpoints.
Right now I parse them from the .rdf file, but it's a messy solution.

They could also be useful for a plugin exporting the telemetry for a telemetry analysis software.

MaX.


What format should the lines be? Just position along the centerline, or 2D position of left and right points?
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 19, 2014, 10:49:06 am
Quote from: HornetMaX on March 14, 2014, 06:19:54 pm
Others things that could be passed in the plugin interface (with the centerline call): the position of the splits, sped trap and track's checkpoints.
Right now I parse them from the .rdf file, but it's a messy solution.

They could also be useful for a plugin exporting the telemetry for a telemetry analysis software.

MaX.


What format should the lines be? Just position along the centerline, or 2D position of left and right points?


It's only a few extra floats, I'd just send everything: pos on centerline,  (x1,y1) and (x2,y2), for each relevant item: finish line, speed trap line,  3 intermediate lines (2 for WRS) and a variable number of checkpoints. Seems logical to be done within the current "Centerline" call from GPB to the plugin.

MaX.