• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:50:46 PM

[GPikes]Alby 2011 new rdf file

Started by janaucarre, February 17, 2014, 11:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janaucarre

Hello,
I observed that the time laps don't works correctly, so i made a new and post here. Download it and replace the existing rdf file in your Alby 2011 folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p256uonuqzm0x2m/Albi_2011_rdf.rar

HornetMaX

Thx janaucarre !

A couple of remarks: the split lines are now very very tight ... a bit too much IMHO ... somebody will get a penalty (or a lap not counted) for putting the wheel on the grass for a few moments.
Not a big deal, but I'm not sure we need them that tight.

Also, in TrackTools there seems to be a "white square" (the ones that define the tracks inner/outer borders) that is misplaced, just before the "virage du parc".
Not sure it's important, not sure you can help.

MaX.

janaucarre

thx for report, i have made like this because i observe that if the splits go out of asphalt they dont works and no time for a laps, i have discover that with my oval track, more than 1 hour to understand why i didnt have time lap.

Alby46

I'm happy you named the track after me, but i think it ends with a i xD
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on February 18, 2014, 02:24:38 AM
thx for report, i have made like this because i observe that if the splits go out of asphalt they dont works and no time for a laps, i have discover that with my oval track, more than 1 hour to understand why i didnt have time lap.
That's strange: if I look at Victoria's .rdf, all the lines (finish line, splits, trap and check-points) go well past the asphalt, on the grass.
The problem must come from something else.

Also it seems to me that the finish line should "cross" the pitlane, otherwise no lap will be recorded if you pass through the pits. That's not the case on your Albi .rdf file.

MaX.

janaucarre

I explain what i only do:
I made 6 or 7 laps, some with falling and some good made. No one has had a laptime, so i decided to what's in the rdf file. In first i only change the width of splits, and oh miracle all times appear at the end of each lap, i think that was the only problem because it has changed nothing if it was not that? no?
After,  i only enlarge the first checkpoint in the first S, dibu said me that most of laps were not encouting because that.
If it was another thing than the splits width, it is very strange that moving splits makes all good.

HornetMaX

Before dibu replaced the .rdf with the new one you gave him, I had plenty of laps on his hotlap server and didn't notice any problem (laps recording fine).

After the replacement with the new rdf I hade one quick lap (I have replay and video) and it was not registered on the gpb stats page: I suspect that the server went crazy (as it often happens), independently on the rdf.

Anyway, take a look at Victoria's rdf: if it's good for victoria, has to be good for other tracks.

Maybe the problem comes from the track borders: they are (very) wrong in two points in TrackEd on Albi2011.

MaX.

janaucarre

I said i have no laptime during the run,never never,i didnt go to stat page. the problem with stats page, i think, is that the new rdf make like a new albi wich is not registered in stat page. I will look on victoria how it's made. Thank you for report.

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on February 18, 2014, 05:45:15 PM
I said i have no laptime during the run,never never,i didnt go to stat page.
That's usually the sign of the server going nuts, independently on the .rdf.
I've seen it a lot of times (as my plugin needs some "signals" sent from the server, and when the server goers nuts, these signals are not sent), on many different tracks including victoria.

The problem goes away as soon as the server is restarted.

MaX.

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 18, 2014, 03:22:54 PM
After the replacement with the new rdf I hade one quick lap (I have replay and video) and it was not registered on the gpb stats page: I suspect that the server went crazy (as it often happens), independently on the rdf.
As janaucarre already said, if you use  a changed rdf file you have to re-register the track to see your laps in the stats.

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 18, 2014, 03:22:54 PM
Anyway, take a look at Victoria's rdf: if it's good for victoria, has to be good for other tracks.
If the prefix of the track environment isn't choosen correctly you have to shorten the lenght of the split lines and the checkpoints to the track limits. That's true for a few tracks but I'm not sure that it's the problem at Albi2011 because nobody should have a valid lap in this case.

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 18, 2014, 09:54:18 AM
Also it seems to me that the finish line should "cross" the pitlane, otherwise no lap will be recorded if you pass through the pits. That's not the case on your Albi .rdf file.
Yes, thats very important for a proper behaviour of the pit-lane.

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 18, 2014, 05:53:40 PM
That's usually the sign of the server going nuts, independently on the .rdf.
I've seen it a lot of times (as my plugin needs some "signals" sent from the server, and when the server goers nuts, these signals are not sent), on many different tracks including victoria.

The problem goes away as soon as the server is restarted.

MaX.
Might be possible in this case. I auto-restart all normal servers daily in the morning but for testing the hotlap servers were running the whole week without  restarting.   

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on February 18, 2014, 05:58:15 PM
As janaucarre already said, if you use  a changed rdf file you have to re-register the track to see your laps in the stats.
Makes sense, thx.

Quote from: dibu on February 18, 2014, 05:58:15 PM
If the prefix of the track environment isn't choosen correctly you have to shorten the lenght of the split lines and the checkpoints to the track limits. That's true for a few tracks but I'm not sure that it's the problem at Albi2011 because nobody should have a valid lap in this case.
Yeah that's the strange thing. Albi2011 was in use since a long time (we even raced there in the french championship IIRC) and no particular problem was noticed.

Max.

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 18, 2014, 06:05:28 PM
Yeah that's the strange thing. Albi2011 was in use since a long time (we even raced there in the french championship IIRC) and no particular problem was noticed.
Alby2011 was updated in July 2013. I'm not sure if the new version was used in French Championship.

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on February 18, 2014, 06:11:34 PM
Alby2011 was updated in July 2013. I'm not sure if the new version was used in French Championship.
Surely not, was way before that.

MaX.