• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:09:54 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

bug with online race

Started by Stout Johnson, February 24, 2014, 10:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stout Johnson

February 24, 2014, 10:51:54 AM Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:01:38 AM by Stout Johnson
Hey guys,

just found a strange new bug - never had that happen before. During yesterday's old-school Johor race the time-span of almost one complete lap from me wasn't recorded for whatever reason  :o

short description on what I observed during race:
----------------------------------------------------------------
* first thing noticed, was that I observed that MaxHud-plugin stopped updating time for 1 lap
* during that lap, I had overtaken Arvoss who had fallen in front of me (2 strange things here: 1) Arvoss was reset immediately, so I almost crashed into him... normally the game waits with a reset of one rider until track is clear 2) after I had overtaken him and raced behind me, blue flags were waved at me indicating that I was to be lapped - I was like  :o lapped after 4 laps without crashing?! - impossible)
* when crossing the finish line after 1 more lap it showed a strange time of 3'05 (I had not fallen - nothing happened that could lead to such a lap time)
--> at this point, I thought that I somehow had missed a check-point and therefore 1 lap might have been neglected - although I was on-track the whole time!!!

lap analyis showed this:
Lap    Lap Time    T1             T2              T3            T4           Speed
4    1'31.550    18.563    24.568       24.130    24.288    274.6 km/h
5    3'05.268    18.845    24.803    1'56.535    25.084    272.3 km/h
6    1'32.046    18.926    24.651       23.866    24.602    274.2 km/h

short description on what I observed watching the replay of the race today:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* at "Race: in Progress of 07:51" you can see myself (8 - Stout Johnson) disappear from the replay
* at "Race: in Progress of 08:51" you can see myself appear in the replay again
(again: during my online play nothing special could be observed here... I was racing like nothing happened, only thing I noticed were strange lap time)
* if you watch at 08:51 from Arvoss view, you can see me appear on track like I was beamed there.... dunno if it looked like that during race from Arvoss view too?! - did you see me before or did I just magically appear in front of you during yesterdays online race Arvoss?
*my ping was around 60 and internet connection was stable thruout ....

replay file is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aegpu67oui1fu72/___bug_Johor_small.rpy
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Arvoss

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 24, 2014, 10:51:54 AM
* if you watch at 08:51 from Arvoss view, you can see me appear on track like I was beamed there.... dunno if it looked like that during race from Arvoss view too?! - did you see me before or did I just magically appear in front of you during yesterdays online race Arvoss?

I haven't noticed anything weird. I crashed, you passed me and I tried to pass you again. I'll check the replay tonight ;)

HornetMaX

Looks like the sever missed you passing through split3, waited for you to pass through it next lap, then  went back to normal.

If I understand you correctly, my plugin displayed exactly what the end-race lap analysis has displayed, correct ?

MaX.

Alby46

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 24, 2014, 10:51:54 AM
Hey guys,

just found a strange new bug - never had that happen before. During yesterday's old-school Johor race the time-span of almost one complete lap from me wasn't recorded for whatever reason  :o

short description on what I observed during race:
* first thing noticed, was that I observed that MaxHud-plugin stopped updating time for 1 lap
* during that lap, I had overtaken Arvoss who had fallen in front of me (2 strange things here: 1) Arvoss was reset immediately, so I almost crashed into him... normally the game waits with a reset of one rider until track is clear 2) after I had overtaken him and raced behind me, blue flags were waved at me indicating that I was to be lapped - I was like  :o lapped after 4 laps without crashing?! - impossible)
* when crossing the finish line after 1 more lap it showed a strange time of 3'05 (I had not fallen - nothing happened that could lead to such a lap time)
--> at this point, I thought that I somehow had missed a check-point and therefore 1 lap might have been neglected - although I was on-track the whole time!!!

lap analyis showed this:
Lap    Lap Time    T1             T2              T3            T4           Speed
4    1'31.550    18.563    24.568       24.130    24.288    274.6 km/h
5    3'05.268    18.845    24.803    1'56.535    25.084    272.3 km/h
6    1'32.046    18.926    24.651       23.866    24.602    274.2 km/h

short description on what I observed watching the replay of the race today:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* at "Race: in Progress of 07:51" you can see myself (8 - Stout Johnson) disappear from the replay
* at "Race: in Progress of 08:51" you can see myself appear in the replay again
(again: during my online play nothing special could be observed here... I was racing like nothing happened, only thing I noticed were strange lap time)
*my ping was around 60 and internet connection was stable thruout ....

replay file is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aegpu67oui1fu72/___bug_Johor_small.rpy
that happened to me too some time ago, but then disappeared and never had it again
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Klax75

This kind of thing happens to me. Oddly no offense to PeterV's but for me it only happens on server he hosts. Were I am running then my lap times are no longer being counted. Then I am out of sync with everything else. I had to drop out of the cold turkey race before it start since on my end the Qualifying stayed at 00:00, and would not move forward. My ping is higher since I'm in the U.S. but I don't have this happen on Arvoss or Dibu's servers. This has happened to me about 3 times during race events all cold turkey ones. :/  In the server list the pings for servers, it's usually about 120 for Arvoss, Dibu's 140, and PeterV's are 150.

I also noticed on the server if there is a lot of people connecting and reconnecting, it will happen to me more often.

Warlock

Klax, as far as i know, lately Peter's servers are hosted by Dibu, so must be something else what make you have these problems. Don't know if the race config (limited tyres , etc) can produce this lag problem.
The thing is only you was having this. I remember Alone to have this problem also (from south america),  must be this the problem. He had lags of about 5 minutes ! We had to restart the race more than 3 times to him to finish qualy and start race.

Alone

Quote from: Warlock on February 24, 2014, 07:02:57 PM
I remember Alone to have this problem also (from south america),  must be this the problem. He had lags of about 5 minutes ! We had to restart the race more than 3 times to him to finish qualy and start race.

lol. I´m like a bug´s box! and yep: It happened to me too. American´s riders, unless we have our own server, are destinated to this...for the moment.
Ah! and you were nice as said 3 times restarted  ;D

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Klax75 on February 24, 2014, 06:49:34 PM
This kind of thing happens to me. [...] Were I am running then my lap times are no longer being counted. Then I am out of sync with everything else. I had to drop out of the cold turkey race before it start since on my end the Qualifying stayed at 00:00, and would not move forward. [...]
we need to make a distinction here... my problem is not identical to the problem of lap times showing late due to lag... it's a completely different problem...

Quote from: Arvoss on February 24, 2014, 01:00:00 PM
I haven't noticed anything weird. I crashed, you passed me and I tried to pass you again. I'll check the replay tonight ;)
Well, thank you for reporting here Arvoss - this confirms that I indeed was still in the server and could be seen by others - same as what I saw... still no explanation why my lap wasn't recorded...

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 24, 2014, 01:37:49 PM
Looks like the sever missed you passing through split3, waited for you to pass through it next lap, then  went back to normal.
yeah... I kind of had a 3rd sector that extended over 1 lap + a 3rd sector (a span of almost 2 minutes) - the strange thing is that in the replay, I disappear like 200m before S/F (end of 4th sector) and re-appear at end of 2nd or beginning of 3rd sector (a span of exactly 1 minute) - so it does not really correspond to the times that the stats displayed... ??? I don't really get it, never had anything like that...

If I understand you correctly, my plugin displayed exactly what the end-race lap analysis has displayed, correct ?
yes... I do not recall what it displayed when I crossed the finish line in the 1 lap that was not recorded... but I do recall that on the next crossing of the finish line it showed 3'05.268

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on February 24, 2014, 07:43:48 PM

yeah... I kind of had a 3rd sector that extended over 1 lap + a 3rd sector (a span of almost 2 minutes) - the strange thing is that in the replay, I disappear like 200m before S/F (end of 4th sector) and re-appear at end of 2nd or beginning of 3rd sector (a span of exactly 1 minute) - so it does not really correspond to the times that the stats displayed... ??? I don't really get it, never had anything like that...

yes... I do not recall what it displayed when I crossed the finish line in the 1 lap that was not recorded... but I do recall that on the next crossing of the finish line it showed 3'05.268

Search no further then, it's a server bug/glitch: the fact the plugin agrees with the lap analysis kinda prove none of these two is at fault.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 24, 2014, 07:59:55 PM
Search no further then, it's a server bug/glitch: the fact the plugin agrees with the lap analysis kinda prove none of these two is at fault.

MaX.

k, thanks for addressing this matter MaX... hope it gets solved (although admittedly, that bug obviously doesnt happen very often)...

Toomes1

Quote from: Klax75 on February 24, 2014, 06:49:34 PM
This kind of thing happens to me. Oddly no offense to PeterV's but for me it only happens on server he hosts. Were I am running then my lap times are no longer being counted. Then I am out of sync with everything else. I had to drop out of the cold turkey race before it start since on my end the Qualifying stayed at 00:00, and would not move forward. My ping is higher since I'm in the U.S. but I don't have this happen on Arvoss or Dibu's servers. This has happened to me about 3 times during race events all cold turkey ones. :/  In the server list the pings for servers, it's usually about 120 for Arvoss, Dibu's 140, and PeterV's are 150.

I also noticed on the server if there is a lot of people connecting and reconnecting, it will happen to me more often.

I've had same problems at times, got onto provider to alter my delay times to drop the ping which is much better. Download and upload speeds are terrible though so there offering fibre optic instead which will provide much better speed. Now you saying about Arvoss server being better well I'm sure he's also fibre optic which is gonna be much more stable and lots quicker.