• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:32:04 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

Max, Just get on with you job and code ;)  ;)  ;D

Quote...It's still funny to me how you are willing to tediously look through the telemetry graphs

Almost like we do in real life.....
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Vini

British troll army at it again. Now even the moderators are chiming in with unproductive hackling.

matty0l215

Considering that GP Bikes is a simulator then the use of telemetry is the correct way

Why not learn to code such a plugin yourself and appreciate the amount of work put in by Max... :)

Also, my work as a moderator is to keep the forum clean from spam mainly. I am allowed an opinion and make humour comments....
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Tom HWK

If it is so simple and easy to do why have you not coded it yourself?

Vini

Well, spam is precisely what you brits are doing atm.
And no, coding a whole plugin like MaxHUD is obviously not easy but Max has already done all the hard work so the only thing required now would be changing one formula in an already established framework.

Vini

August 22, 2021, 06:09:07 PM #935 Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 06:12:09 PM by Vini
...Really pathetic how a moderator is now trying to stirr shit up by saying nonsense like "I am not appreciating Max' work" etc....
My only goal here is to possibly help make something great a tiny bit better. Not diminishing anyone's work or anything like that.

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: matty0l215 on August 22, 2021, 06:01:25 PMConsidering that GP Bikes is a simulator then the use of telemetry is the correct way

Why not learn to code such a plugin yourself and appreciate the amount of work put in by Max... :)

Also, my work as a moderator is to keep the forum clean from spam mainly. I am allowed an opinion and make humour comments....

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well actually I probably could but it wouldn't have lasted long on the forums  ;)

Quote from: Vini on August 22, 2021, 05:58:54 PMBritish troll army at it again. Now even the moderators are chiming in with unproductive hackling.

Not sure it's unproductive hackling, just some humour.

I will say, I do find it weird how you can 'provide' all these methods for integrating this stuff into a program, without actually knowing how to do it.

You keep saying 'use an if clause', or 'its only this' and yet you've done nothing to validate all of this.

Unusually for me, I'm not meaning to sound like a b*****d for once, (I just can't think of a non b*****d way to say it) I'm just making an observation. But, maybe your suggestions would be taken a bit more seriously if you did provide something of use?

PS:
Don't take this as me not wanting to see something like this, as I do think it would be a good thing to have, some feedback from the tyres. As I said before I look to the rumble for a 'replacement' for the lost SoTP feeling of the bike, not necessarily amplification of the data graphs.

However I understand that it may not be possible to integrate this stuff in a useful way, and considering how little I actually know about this stuff, I'd go with the opinion of someone who does  :D

Vini

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on August 22, 2021, 06:16:56 PMBut, maybe your suggestions would be taken a bit more seriously if you did provide something of use?
lol what a bunch of lame troll attempts. Maybe read the last few pages again or get new glasses if you still cannot see any useful data that I provided.
And yes, even though I can't write in C or whatever GPB plugins are done in, I have written several things in other languages so that's why I bring the stuff up that I do.

It seems to me that in prior tests, Max came to the conclusion that wheelspeed-based slip detection doesn't work because of flawed data from slow test runs. If the rear is not being pushed properly or too much TC is being used, you are obviously not going to detect much apart from random noise.

So, while I highly appreciate your ultra funny british "humour", I think we can agree that we don't need to have it repeated every two posts.
We already have more off-topic than on-topic.
This is about improving GPB not winning some stupid argument.

HornetMaX

Vini, thanks for the data, I'll download once home.

Quote from: Vini on August 22, 2021, 05:37:20 PM...It's still funny to me how you are willing to tediously look through the telemtry graphs to find an error in the theory when you are basically one line of code away from the functional practical application. All of the bike data and rumble translation code is already there, only the formula needs to be changed.
Because if there's an error in the theory, there's no way it can work.

Also, it's not one line of code ::) and anyway the time I will spend on it is not proportional to the number of lines of code. If you had any real experience with this kind of coding you would know.
Mostly it will be driven by tuning the whole thing and deciding what kind of customization a user could use.
It should work reasonably well with different bikes, without being a nightmare to tune.

You think I'm overthinking it, I say you're underthinking it. We agree to disagree.

Last point: you're asking me to do somthing I'm not 100% convinced will work. You push saying "it's just one line of code" and I'm sort of wasting your time arguing here instead of doing the work. And finally you throw around comments like "troll" or "bunch of lame troll attempts". Are you sure this is going to help you in getting what you want ?

I already said I'll have a look when I can. Sit tight until then.

Vini

August 23, 2021, 01:49:12 PM #939 Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 01:58:14 PM by Vini
The troll stuff is not directed towards you obviously.

I know perfecting something takes more work but a crude experimental function could be done relatively quickly just to see if there is any point in investing more time and work into the idea.
This is something that you won't be able to know through theory alone, you will have to see how it feels in practice.
That is what I mean by overthinking. You are already thinking about how the final end-user experience can be perfected when for now we just need to know if there is any point in going that far in the first place.

But thanks for taking it seriously and looking into it! I'll let you do your thing now.
Let me know if you need longer runs or more data in general!

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on August 23, 2021, 01:49:12 PMThe troll stuff is not directed towards you obviously.

I know. But still ...

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

HornetMaX

@Vini (and others, if interested): you can find here a newer version of MaxTM (still WIP).

You can open your old telemetry data with this new exe, no need to do new laps.
Change the name of the .exe and drop it in your current MaxTM installation folder.

It adds two additional channels to the telemtry data: one with the wheelspeed difference (R-F, in Kmh), one with the relative difference ((R-F)/F, in %).

I still don't think that doing what yoiu said (threshold + lionear scale) works ... but I let you havce a look.

Notice that F/R wheelspeed difference happens a lot when braking and/or downshifting, wheeling (or touching kerbs) etc.

Let me know WDYT.

Vini

I will look into providing some more data.

Could you add these same values but for Fspeed-BikeSpeed and Rspeed-BikeSpeed?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Vini on August 30, 2021, 09:44:16 AMI will look into providing some more data.

Could you add these same values but for Fspeed-BikeSpeed and Rspeed-BikeSpeed?

I'm not sure we need more data.

I've updated the .exe with the additional values. Re-download it.