• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:15:36 AM

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on May 25, 2016, 11:16:31 AM
Not sure how to illustrate it on a screenshot. I could show a bike in a spot we don't want to be alerted too even though it's within the trigger range we set in the Maxhud menu, that help?

Yep: show a situation where you have a bike in front of you (could even be standing in the pits), with radar and flying markers on, and tell me what you would like to see/not see.
Basically, when the other bike is ahead:

• Radar dot(s): there or not there ? If there, should it have some sort of default color (i.e. not getting red with distance) ?
  • Flying marker(s): same questions

For the radar dot I'd say it would be weird to have it disappear from the radar just because the bike is now in front of you. I could have the color thing sorted if you prefer though.
For the flying markers I can probably fade them when they approach your FOV).

Would that be OK ?

Vini

this would be perfect for me

BOBR6 84

When a bike is in front of you, have the dot on the radar turn into a target!  ;D

h106frp

Hi MaX,
Could you just confirm for me;

If the suspension indicators vertical height is the full range of suspension travel and does not indicate any pre-load or ride height as described previously would i be correct in thinking that the correct static sag/starting position should be indicated by the distance of the indicator bar from the top of the vertical axis i.e about 30% front and 25% rear.

Thanks

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on May 26, 2016, 09:21:26 PM
If the suspension indicators vertical height is the full range of suspension travel and does not indicate any pre-load or ride height as described previously would i be correct in thinking that the correct static sag/starting position should be indicated by the distance of the indicator bar from the top of the vertical axis i.e about 30% front and 25% rear.
I'm tempted to say yes for preload, but no for ride height.
At any rate, I forgot to put in the plugin the possibility to display the raw numbers for suspension travel: sorry, will do with the next release.

Vini

no pressure :D, just wanted to ask if the live gap thing will also be available in replays?

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on May 31, 2016, 03:44:09 PM
no pressure :D, just wanted to ask if the live gap thing will also be available in replays?
No, that's not doable.

Vini

hmm, maybe a suggestion for piboso?

imo it's necessary for proper race streams.

doubledragoncc

The reality is that Pib has to totally rework the whole replay system and I dont know if that would be possible at this stage.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on May 31, 2016, 06:31:43 PM
hmm, maybe a suggestion for piboso?

imo it's necessary for proper race streams.
Hmm .. I think we must stick to piboso terminology: on track = riding, spectate = you're watching a live replay (that's what you do when broadcasting), replay = non-live replay (either loaded replay or spectating but not live).

So, when spectating, there will be something that will show the gaps between riders. Most likely I'll go with a simple tall widget on the left, with the place, the race number (or 3 letters from the rider name), and the gap from the leader (or from the rider before). Update won't be really live: too many numbers spinning around, confusing. It could be updated at every lap or every split or every X seconds.

Bottom line, while spectating you'll have the map, the standings with the gaps and (most likely) the throttle/brake/RPM/speed/gear of the bike being watched.

It's almost done but I've had a bit of delay: just for fun I've tried out plenty of C++11 features, pretty cool stuff :)

Vini

that's great news, max!

why is it not possible to have the same functions when watching a replay (non-live), though?
wouldn't you just need a simple logfile?

HornetMaX

May 31, 2016, 07:31:26 PM #401 Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:36:36 PM by HornetMaX
Quote from: vin97 on May 31, 2016, 07:21:29 PM
that's great news, max!

why is it not possible to have the same functions when watching a replay (non-live), though?
wouldn't you just need a simple logfile?
A simple, large logfile :)
And GPB would have to do it internally: I can't log it myself, otherwise I'd also have to be sure to read it in-sync with the replay being played. Messy.

Anyway, what's the use of all this stuff for offline replays ?
I can see the use when spectating (i.e. for broadcasting), but for offline replays the map, the standings and the inputs are of little use.

doubledragoncc

That depends Max as it is like telemetry for F1 etc. You study where on the track you are and what you are doing. It would be pf use to learn why you crashed by using too much brake etc  etc

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on May 31, 2016, 07:37:52 PM
That depends Max as it is like telemetry for F1 etc. You study where on the track you are and what you are doing. It would be pf use to learn why you crashed by using too much brake etc  etc
For that, there's MaxTelemetry.

doubledragoncc

Yes but I thought it would just be a plus point lol.

You are making it so things can be moved like with MaxHud yes?

DD