• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:58:55 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Put a server up or use yours and get my bike on there and MMA's. One call and she come running.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

NICK!!!! that dont tell me how I put YOUR bikes on a server bro!!! lol

I am a dumb ass and only know how to go onto a server with my own bike.

How do you make a persons bike appear on the track?

You know me, I need the baby steps lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

You can't ! I go on a server, Emma goes on the same server, we leave our bikes on track at a useful position for Maximilian then we bugger off doing wot we gotta do!
What we gotta do is come round yours for some o that weed.  ;)

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

:D
ok, just tell me which server should i put my bike on (and what corner)?

doubledragoncc

YOUR words were I put the bikes on the server got me confused dude.

Sorry drug free here my friend!!! I think I am the only custom bike builder that has never even smoked a joint lol.

Bottle of JD and I am a happy chappy lol

Okay Max let me know what track and bikes for a server bro.

GPBOC4 is for the MotoGP guys, 5 is for the Road bikes or woteva and 6 is training and testing so thats your server to command oh mighty APP GOD

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Napalm Nick

Ah yes the 'Royal I ' ,   I meant.  :P lol

HornetMaX

Don't bother yet with that stuff, I'll try to survive without.
The day I really need someting we'll have to organize an evening with a few riders.

Thx anyway !!

Vini

HornetMaX

One question guys: I can have a widget with the current standings. Essentially it will show 3 columns: position (e.g. 1, 2, 3, ...), race number (or 3 letters of the rider name) and time gap.

The time gap can be either from the leader or from the rider preceding. I can have an option to show one or the other, but I thought that having both alternating would be better.

Example: for 3 (or 5 seconds) it will show your gap from the leader (e.g. +21.325 seconds) and then for 3 seconds your gap from the rider preceding you (e.g. +4.758 sec), and so on, alternating.

Question: how can I make it visually clear which one is which ?
Color coding seems bad. One thing I can try is to use "at 21.325" for gap from 1st and simply "+4.578" for gap from previous. If anybody has a better idea ...

doubledragoncc

How about simply "1st +21.325" for 1st and keep  "+4.578" for previous I think it is self explanatory that way.

DD

Alvaro Ramiro

June 20, 2016, 03:43:45 PM #445 Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:46:21 PM by Alvaro Ramiro
Hi Max, here is my opinion:
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 20, 2016, 03:16:45 PM
One question guys: I can have a widget with the current standings. Essentially it will show 3 columns: position (e.g. 1, 2, 3, ...), race number (or 3 letters of the rider name) and time gap.

The time gap can be either from the leader or from the rider preceding. I can have an option to show one or the other, but I thought that having both alternating would be better.

Example: for 3 (or 5 seconds) it will show your gap from the leader (e.g. +21.325 seconds) and then for 3 seconds your gap from the rider preceding you (e.g. +4.758 sec), and so on, alternating.

Question: how can I make it visually clear which one is which ?
Color coding seems bad. One thing I can try is to use "at 21.325" for gap from 1st and simply "+4.578" for gap from previous. If anybody has a better idea ...
You should try to show this panel the most visually possible. In rFactor, Iracing or simulators like those there is a "black box" that show us the difference between cars ahead and behind. Something like this:

From left to right: position, number, name and gap.

According to colors:

- Red: cars/bikes with 1 lap or more than you
- Blue: lapped cars/bikes
- White: cars/bikes in current lap with you
- Orange: You

I don't know if this is possible with your plugin but I think that it's the most visually tool for us. The colors is only an example...

doubledragoncc

The one problem with so much info is it takes longer to read and can be confusing. Any info needs to be as simple and short as posible and need only a glance not to be read if you know what I mean.

Also for old farts like me or those with a smaller screen it could be hard to read or take up too much screen space.
DD

Napalm Nick

Is not +ve numbers and -ve numbers enough to identify when it means u are behind or in front?

Like in Alvaro's pic - +ve gap (to leader) -ve gap (rider behind).

Hawk

If you really feel the necessity to have both then personally I think keep it as an option would be better, otherwise unless it can be made clear which action is in operation then confusion will rein.
But a simple colour difference of the number field would suffice surely? White(black bordered #'s) = diff from next preceding rider, Orange(black bordered #'s) = diff from leader. No need for multi-coloured rider names and bike #'s because that would lead to a terrible looking multi-coloured mess.

But if I was you I would just try to replicate the actual real MotoGP TV overlay style, capabilities and colours and nothing more.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

doubledragoncc

Can you add a widget for the price of eggs while your at it Max  ;D ;D ;D

DD