• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:22:37 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta17

Started by PiBoSo, February 11, 2020, 03:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myst1cPrun3

Speaking of clutch...

I'd like to see the bike shop the clutch automatically on launch control. At the minute of you dump the clutch like you do in the real world you either stall or flip.

Launc control automatically adjusts the aids also, such as anti wheelie and TC, bagged on preset values. (It limits wheelies to certain angles and so on)

While what we have here is launch control, it's called 2step launch control, and is used in cars, as it's not sophisticated enough for motorcycles.

The current iteration for me provides no benefit to it's use as we manually have to slip the clutch on launch anyway.

Manu

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on February 13, 2020, 03:17:27 PMSpeaking of clutch...

I'd like to see the bike shop the clutch automatically on launch control. At the minute of you dump the clutch like you do in the real world you either stall or flip.

Launc control automatically adjusts the aids also, such as anti wheelie and TC, bagged on preset values. (It limits wheelies to certain angles and so on)

While what we have here is launch control, it's called 2step launch control, and is used in cars, as it's not sophisticated enough for motorcycles.

The current iteration for me provides no benefit to it's use as we manually have to slip the clutch on launch anyway.

The clutch is still used in manual mode for launch control
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

Myst1cPrun3

Yes at the minute it is.
But in a motorcycle once the initial lever is dumped the ECU electronics take over and manually adjust the clutch, throttle, and assists to achieve maximum acceleration.

The 'launch control' in gp bikes is just a second rev limiter which is what cars use. Bikes do not use this

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259138796_Launch_control_for_sport_motorcycles_A_clutch-based_approach

Myst1cPrun3

I mean sure there is a secondary limiter, and it disengages I'm a certain gear like in gp bikes, but there is much more going on in the background and it doesn't just limit the revs is my point.

Hawk

February 13, 2020, 06:05:08 PM #49 Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:20:49 PM by Hawk
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 13, 2020, 01:51:49 PMYeah of course I agree!

So is the bike in-sim locking the rear and skidding? Or is it just sliding out as the rear wheel slows?

The other point is that you can get the same effect by releasing the clutch lever slowly on your final downshift before the corner on the brakes. Whereas with a slipper you can release the lever straight away.

Just wondering if it helps in game having more modulation on the clutch

I'd say it is locking the rear wheel right now Bob(unless one rides it like a pussy. Lol! ;D ), but Piboso has already stated in the beta17 changelog that the slipper-clutch sim isn't working correctly right now and he'll update it in a future release(Hopefully next release?).... Nothing changes does it. Lol! ;)

Myst1cPrun3

Quote from: Hawk on February 13, 2020, 06:05:08 PMNothing changes does it. Lol! ;)

Hopefully the slipper clutch simulation 😂

PiBoSo

February 20, 2020, 04:09:52 PM #51 Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:15:21 PM by PiBoSo

Release notes updated, with info about the rider lean aerodynamics effect and direct steer changes.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Vini

March 05, 2020, 04:11:34 PM #52 Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:44:00 PM by Vini
Quote from: PiBoSo on February 11, 2020, 03:41:17 PM- Added the Windows Taskbar icon
What does that do?

Quote from: changelognew: possibility to adjust the onboard views position
How does one change the position?

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 11, 2020, 03:41:17 PM- the rider lateral lean now affects the bike aerodynamics, shifting the bike's center of pressure
Does the riding style have an influence on this (dangling leg for example)?

Edit:
Just did the first proper fast laps with the new beta on my favourite (unchanged!) bike (KTM MotoGP) and I don't see much difference in the rear susp. At least not on that bike. A little bit less stable maybe but that could just be me being out of practice or not remembering what my precise setup was.
What exactly is wrong with the new simulation and does it apply to all bikes in the same way?

VSMaster

Never had issues with launch control. You have to be very sensitive with the clutch, actually I don't even need it
Always on the edge