• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:23:41 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Can't set controls

Started by Firstborn, April 21, 2020, 08:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firstborn

Hello, I'm trying to use a yamaha ms-1 controller with GP bikes.  For some reason when I try to bind controller settings it's acting like the button on a second joystick is being pressed.  I.E. I try to assign throttle but as soon as I click it it binds some "J2-POV W" like a dpad input is being pressed.  I've calibrated the controller outside and inside the game.  No input is being pressed.  I deleted all my control configs, uninstalled, reinstalled my controller drivers and it's still happening.  The controller should only register J1 inputs.

rayflo57

Did you manage to get this sorted out & assign the proper input?

Vini

December 21, 2020, 05:55:37 PM #2 Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 12:03:51 AM by Vini
To state the obvious here, are you sure that the controller is actually analog? Often times cheap "special" controllers are just digital.

doubledragoncc

Youtube has info on this cheap controller but it is old so can be troublesome.

Make sure to use windows controller calibration first to see what each button and control input actually is

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.