• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:45:25 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Front sprocket animation

Started by VSMaster, April 22, 2020, 02:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMaster

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if there is way to animate the front sprocket instead of leaving it still?

I tried to link it to the rwheel and move the pivot to its center but didn't work.
Always on the edge

Myst1cPrun3

Matty managed this a while back, not sure it looked great Tho. Ask him about it 👍

VSMaster

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on April 23, 2020, 09:16:16 AMMatty managed this a while back, not sure it looked great Tho. Ask him about it 👍

Ok thanks
Always on the edge

h106frp

This was a tip from Manu;
1.Create the front sprocket object, texture it (sprockettexture.tga) and create 2 new blurred textures the same size (sprockettexture_blur1.tga and sprockettexture_blur2.tga)
2.Now add the sprocket object to to your chain object
4.You need to add a 'sprockettexture.txt' file and in the file add the names of your 2 blur textures (sprockettexture is whatever you called the base sprocket texture)

It works OK and looks better than a stationary sprocket, full animation support would be much better.

VSMaster

April 23, 2020, 06:01:54 PM #4 Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:11:10 PM by VSMaster
Ok thanks for reporting this tip. I will try that

Why can't we add just a simple code in the gfx.cfg , for ex. like the clutch rotor, would be much easier lol
Always on the edge

h106frp

Pretty sure animated front sprocket was requested years ago

matty0l215

I did manage to do it but the texture looked shite so i havent gone any further with it.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

VSMaster

What if I rename it as clutch-rotor? Since the bike I'm working on is hidden, it could work no?
Always on the edge

h106frp

If you do not need the clutch you can re-use the animation - speed will not match the chain though.

VSMaster

Quote from: h106frp on April 23, 2020, 09:40:56 PMIf you do not need the clutch you can re-use the animation - speed will not match the chain though.
Yep, that's what I thought, so I'll try the first method
Always on the edge