• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Changing tires/tyres and other mechanics

Started by MidnightBlackbird, June 06, 2020, 01:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidnightBlackbird

Hello everyone, I'm new to this game only starting 3 days ago (or was it 4? 5? idk lost count), have gotten used to the riding mechanics and have gotten decent lap times on Victoria (PB is 1:37.5-something). I've been enjoying the game a lot and plan to purchase it later on. As being a newbie there's a lot of mechanics that I'm not familiar with and probably not know about in the game such as changing tires/tyres. Forgetting that this is a sim I noticed that I tend to slip a lot and not take angles as I use to. How does one change for new tires/tyres? I've turned off automatic tire/tyre change to keep things more "realistic", and tried pitting in but nothing happens. Also, is there any other mechanics I should be aware of?

Myst1cPrun3

If you turn off 'automatic tyre change' then you need to go into the 'garage' tab once in the pits to manually change tyres.

As you look at the screen you should have the tyre wear/vehicle run statistics on the right, such as temps across each tyre, fuel use, and tyre temps, as well as the compound of tyre used.

Next to the tyre compound there is a little button with what's like a 360° arrow on it. If you hit that for each tyre the wear graph and temps should reset below it, signifying a new tyre has been fitted

MidnightBlackbird

Quote from: Myst1cPrun3 on June 06, 2020, 10:42:50 AMIf you turn off 'automatic tyre change' then you need to go into the 'garage' tab once in the pits to manually change tyres.

As you look at the screen you should have the tyre wear/vehicle run statistics on the right, such as temps across each tyre, fuel use, and tyre temps, as well as the compound of tyre used.

Next to the tyre compound there is a little button with what's like a 360° arrow on it. If you hit that for each tyre the wear graph and temps should reset below it, signifying a new tyre has been fitted

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.