• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:47:00 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Running rider animation after crash?

Started by Gzehoo, April 02, 2014, 12:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gzehoo

It was on older PiBoSo forum and I'm not sure if there were any discussion about it here, so I decided to repeat my suggestion.

Last time, I played very old game called Superbike Racing.
Maybe it's the worst motorcycle game which I've ever seen, but there were a little thing which is not included in other motorcycle games. WATCH THIS

And I was wondering... what if it could be in GP Bikes instead of reseting bike? At this moment it's not possible to reset our bike correctly in some situations and it's not possible to reset our rider with bike during yellow flag, but when rider could run to the bike after crash and we could "run" to the bike (as in e.g. GTA :P ).

I know it's very complicated to create this animation for GP Bikes and it may take a lot of time, I understand. But on the other hand - GP Bikes is a simulator, still beta version...

BerScott

I like the idea as I like to be able to live real situations in a sim, but I'm not sure if that could be hard to implement. The only problem I see here is that sometimes the bike takes meters and meters until it stop rolling and crashing, just right now my Kawasaki Ninja has travel like an entire T1 section while I was sit down on the ground scratching my head (isn't that the post-accident gesture?). After a few agonizing moments while the bike stopped I managed to ride again, in that scenario your pilot should run through a straight on spa for a minute and a half.

Klax75

You would also have some players not taking things seriously and run around on track to be "funny". Or fall of there bike on purpose so they can go for a jog.

Arvoss

Quote from: Klax75 on April 05, 2014, 09:17:02 AM
You would also have some players not taking things seriously and run around on track to be "funny". Or fall of there bike on purpose so they can go for a jog.

Hahaha :P

https://www.youtube.com/v/UujVLGlWacg

SA_22

haha!  8)

if it was done like the old superbike games where u were forced to run to the bike sure... but being able to run around any where not so much.

you have to remember as well you used to get stuck in some horrible spots with that and crash ALOT to get back to the track