• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

WRS impressions and MODS

Started by BerScott, April 10, 2014, 12:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerScott

Before I continue with the post content I want to congratulate PiBoSo for his huge amount of work and give some of my impressions.

Mate, are you a human? are you a z reticuli alien camouflaged between humans? now seriously, how do you manage to work on FOUR simulators at the same time and make all of them to be almost perfect? again I take my hat off in front of you and I show all my respect.

After coming from sims like Live for Speed, rFactor, GTR, rFactor 2, GTR2, Netkar Pro, Project CARS and now rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa; WRS feels like a really solid simulator. The FFB works really well (I must keep experimenting with it), the car weight and inertia feels accurate too, springs, dampers, brakes, all barely perfect. As said the feelings are pretty good, reminds me a bit to the old LFS maybe, not sure.
In your overall sims I can see how the car and the track has some special and detailed elements, like the 3D marshals working well, the dirty tires taking the grass pattern while rolling on the grass, the animated foot and hands of the driver, the 3D grass, etc. All of these are next-gen sim alike details, you only need a realtime deformation of tires and you will have a complete featured sim.

Bravo PiBoSo! You really have distracted my attention from rFactor and rF2 to keep my eyes on this little forum waiting for updates and hoping to been listened by you on our suggestions. I honestly wish you the best with this projects. World Racing Series seems to be a really good simulator, specially with well done mods. I'm expecting the next releases.

I'm also waiting to be able to modding WRS and see how the physics system works to play with different parameters, etc. in that moment I should make a better review as I know the physics system.
I really can't wait to try the incoming Caterham, looks like a fun street car, but I think I could add more cars after, like a Ferrari F40 and a VW Golf GTI Mk2 to test your physics engine, maybe it could be interesting to you to know how your physics engine works in real time with my values (I always work with real data).

About the "Mods" menu in the main window of GP Bikes and WRS. Could be this possible?

Yes, cars and bikes running together, a dream from a longtime ago.

Regards.

PiBoSo

Quote from: BerScott on April 10, 2014, 12:36:59 AM
About the "Mods" menu in the main window of GP Bikes and WRS. Could be this possible?

Regards.

It is possible, and it is how it works during development.
Even a single mod using both cars and bikes would be possible, but it would make the user interface much more complex and confusing.
Overall, racing bikes against cars wouldn't make much sense anyway.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Arvoss

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 10, 2014, 11:38:18 AM
Quote from: BerScott on April 10, 2014, 12:36:59 AM

Regards.

It is possible, and it is how it works during development.
Even a single mod using both cars and bikes would be possible, but it would make the user interface much more complex and confusing.

Wow!!! That would be awesome! :D Bikes vs Cars on tracks like Nordschleife would be something interesting ;)

BerScott

Agree, racing bike against car wouldn't make sense, but it could be fun track day 'em and been overtaken. I love to see nordschleife videos and see the road with a mix of cars and bikes.

PiBoSo

It would be easy enough to make a "trackday" mod.
Not a top priority at the moment, though, unless someone has money to invest in it... Money always speeds things up  :-\

iVolution

Sense no, great footage, hell yes :D. I agree it isn't a priority but would be fun for a little while and a great outcome for the bikers that cant keep the shiny side up :p

GT1_Spec

Is this how the games should appear together in mods? I have only WRS and GPBikes on their own in their own games. I have to start games separately to use.

PiBoSo

Quote from: GT1_Spec on April 29, 2014, 04:15:42 PM
Is this how the games should appear together in mods? I have only WRS and GPBikes on their own in their own games. I have to start games separately to use.

At the moment they are separate.