• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:47:16 PM

I am impressed

Started by VR46nz, April 10, 2014, 12:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hey Dude, that setup you have for changing gears with your foot is a great idea! ;D ;D

I've been wanting a life-like gear changer setup for ages... you have given me food for thought for sure! ;D  8)

JamoZ

Vini

I use almost the same setup as Klax does (almost same button layout, everything manual, helmet view, no rider aids).

But as I said somewhere else, two additional triggers would be required to properly control the bike because you can't revmatch-downshift while trail braking.
Also you can't really use the rear brake while cornering with that setup, which is one of the only times I would use it.

Alby46

right analog down: rear brake
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Vini

I use the right stick for leaning.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on April 13, 2014, 02:28:45 PM
How i do it...
Jamoz, aren't you bothered by the fact that (for example) when you steer fully left and want to lean fully forward that isn't possible ?

MaX.

RiccoChicco

ℊℯℴ

I don't use this, but am experimenting a little with it. Hard to get used to.

So.......there is a theory that I found somewhere online. Anyway, here goes it:

Triggers:
By having steering on the triggers it best simulates counter-steering and the motion of pushing the bar in correct direction. The analog stick is twitchy and sloppy (matter of opinion) and greater smoothness and control can come by controlling with the triggers. If you imagine pushing the bars in real life it is a very slight movement on the bars. So, in theory the analog stick is wrong in its approach due to that with the large swinging motion of back and forth. The triggers are more accurate because it simulates that pushing.

That's the theory anyway.

Right Stick:
Throttle. If you imagine turning a throttle it kinda moves your thumb knuckle back. So throttle is on down position.
Front brake. If you hold your hand out in front of you and pretend to pull the front brake lever it moves your thumb forward. So front brake is on up position.
Gear Up by pushing down. Alternatively if you have sequential shifter you could place it sideways by left foot for a more real control.

Left Stick:
Clutch. Similar to front brake just with left hand. Could use the left bumper if you don't want analog control.
Rear brake. If you want analog control this is best spot. Could use the right bumper if you don't care about analog control. OR if you have pedals put it by right foot on the pedal.
Gear Down by pushing down. Alternatively if you have a sequential shifter you could place it sideways by left foot for a more real control.

* If you do the sequential shifter deal and brake on a pedal, then that opens the left stick up for rider movements. Front, Back, Left, Right.

Everything else could be whatever, but you can look below.

It is interesting theory, but VERY hard to get used to.

Vini

If you want it that realistic, you need a proper bike controller.
I say, use the setup you can ride with the best. After all, it is a game.
Plus, in that setup you can't revmatch while braking and you can't use manual lean.

ℊℯℴ

Quote from: vin97 on April 16, 2014, 11:00:57 PM
If you want it that realistic, you need a proper bike controller.
I say, use the setup you can ride with the best. After all, it is a game.
Plus, in that setup you can't revmatch while braking and you can't use manual lean.

Very true with revmatch.

But if you use the sequential shifter idea and brake pedal, put clutch on left bumper. Then left stick is rider movement. If u have razor sabertooth you could keep clutch on an analog.

Its just a theory. I have tried and experiment, but its difficult to retrain the brain.

HornetMaX

I'd say the "theory" is shaky at best.

MaX.