• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:24:22 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

I am impressed

Started by VR46nz, April 10, 2014, 12:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VR46nz

I have never played a motorbike racing game before. In the past, I never considered downloading GP Bikes because I always thought my computer would be too slow to run it well, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that I can run it smoothly at 1280x720 with all visual settings low or off (and it still looks great to me). I have been playing the demo since noon, it is now past midnight. I am very impressed with this game and I do intend on buying the game in the near future.

My best time at Victoria with that little pocket rocket is 2:01:55 (I only ran off track once!) and that was with all of the assists, so obviously I am a total noob. The bikes feel so FAST and powerful, I can only imagine what a MotoGP bike feels like.

I have only a keyboard to use as controller, so what is the best controls setup? Which do you like? I want to make the most out of what I have. Thanks in advance for your responses and once again I will say I am very impressed with this game. Love it, even!

Arvoss

Hi!

First of all, buy the game now, you won't regret it :P
The 125cc seems the easiest bike but it's not, it has less traction than the 1000cc. But of course, the 125cc is very fun to ride and we can have close battles ;)

A keyboard is not the best way to play this game, you won't be able to brake without braking help imo. I tried the demo with a keyboard and it did its job but I don't think I can race with a keyboard. I'm using a ps3 controller (most of the players use a ps3 of xbox controller). Some players even use a joystick to control their bike.

Have fun!
See you on the track ;)

Alby46

the best way to play gp bikes would be buying a xbox 360 controller for pc
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

BerScott

Hi and wellcome!

I've tried with a xbox 360 pad a year ago and it works really good, but now I'm playing with a Logitech G25 steering wheel and it offers the best feeling I've experimented until now. I have set it with 55 degrees of rotation and you can perfectly feel the weight of the bike in your hands. Accelerate a bike with pedals isn't the most realistic way, but you have a more precise control while there's not available really good motorcycle controllers for PC.

Hawk

April 10, 2014, 04:09:07 PM #4 Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:12:26 PM by Hawk_UK
Hi VR46nz! ;D

I bought GP Bikes early 2013 and have not regretted it, or put it down since. It is the ultimate road race bike sim by far, and I'm including MotoGP 2013 in that conclusion.
This forum and especially the forum community is a dream, everyone is helpful and more than willing to give you assistance and tips on how to do things, and then there is the online racing with other members of the community here; it's just fantastic!

I used to use an old Microsoft joystick and got on very well with that married to the foot pedals of my steering wheel for extra lever inputs for extra control abilities, but now I have just recently purchased an xBox360 controller for the PC(still married with my foot pedals) and I'm now getting even more control of the throttle, lean and brakes than I ever did before, so I would seriously recommend an xBox360 controller for the PC... I recommend you buy GP Bikes now, you won't regret it... it's just a great piece of kit! ;D

Welcome aboard mate! ;D

C21

Hey Hawk.
Your using XBOX 360 controller AND G25 foot pedals, correct ?
And that works?
NEver considered that combination.
What are you using the pedals for?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on April 10, 2014, 06:00:19 PM
Hey Hawk.
Your using XBOX 360 controller AND G25 foot pedals, correct ?
And that works?
NEver considered that combination.
What are you using the pedals for?

Hi C21.
I use my foot pedals to change gears: Lft pedal = Downshift / Rht Pedal = UPshift. I wish I had a foot lever gear changer like the real bikes, save wasting a pedal lever then. Hehe
It just frees my fingers as I eventually want to work the rider manually with the D-Pad I think, but I may try the other stick control as well for that, I'll see how it works out.  ;)

VR46nz

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Yes, the keyboard is not very good. I have an xbox 360 controller, so I'll definitely look into getting that set up.

dude

These are my settings. The biggest advantage in this layout is to have all important things (gas,brake,rearbrake,clutch) in analog and you can easy do up and down shifts.

Klax75

April 11, 2014, 09:29:23 AM #9 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:36:49 AM by Klax75
I used Dude's graphic, and put my layout. :)

Have some deadbands set for the left stick for the clutch and rear brake so I don't push them by mistake.

dude

Oh thats also an interessting layout, Klax.
I searched a way to get manual leaning but didnt find any comfortable.
I will test your settings tonight :P

Hawk

Great job guys! Makes the controller layouts very easy and simple to see. Well done! ;D 8)

dude

I've tested your settings, klax.
Its like you will learn the "game" new but u can absolutely controll everything.
But do u ride in cockpitview with these?

I also have something new...i call it "sim improvement" :D

Next week I will finaly get my Thrustmaster Freestyler Bike -Controller.

But with it comes a problem for me. I could not shift with it and i dont want to shift with a button on the handlebar.
So i was very very veeerrrrrryyyyyy creative!
I took the shifting-unit from my G25 Racing Wheel, build a wood case and the result is...

I was a little bit inspired by a person in this forum who is shifting with his G25 pedals.

The best of it is......it works!
Shifting with the foot a little bit like in real ;)

PS: The shoe looks a bit "used" and smelly but there are very comfortable!

Hawk

I understand that Klax is the only guy to ride GP Bikes with everything set to totally manual, and in cockpit view only.  ;) 8)

Klax75

Yes, I only use helmet view. For some reason I just can't race in third person. Not just with GP Bikes, but any sim. It's been like that my whole life. lol :)