• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

What i noticed...

Started by JamoZ, April 13, 2014, 07:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Watching Motogp today i came to a conclusion. I`ve been thinking and saying this for quite a while now, but today i was 100% certain.

Our Motogp bikes are too slow in the corners. Watching the real guys do it today they carry alot more lean angle & corner speed, and also they flip the bike from side to side alot quicker. Since Beta 3 i always felt the bikes felt too heavy and drove more like a street bike then a MotoGP protoype.

Same goes for the 500 imo. That thing has such low corner speed and lean angle at the moment that you can`t tell me with dry eyes that that`s realistic? These things had a minimum weight of about 135 kg`s. That`s insanely light, and you don`t have the feeling at all  that you`re driving a light 500cc 2 stroke.

Just my 2 cents...

Alby46

i'm sure that if there was a way to fell the force feedback like in car sims you would change mind
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

JamoZ

Why? It`s a visual thing. You can SEE the bike flicks from left to right very slowly compared to real life. You can SEE the lean angle is too low compared to the real guys. I don`t need any forces telling me these things...

Alby46

yeah but that comes from 2003, lean angles were different, i think around 50°

Alby46

or maybe we should use direct lean to lean like in real life

Hawk

JamoZ does have a point, the lean angles are not correct in GP Bikes. Modern GP Bikes lean over more than you can in GP Bikes, just look at your MAX Plugin to see that. :)
Classic racing would be different, the lean angles were not as much as today simply because tyre tech is more advanced these days with more grip etc,etc....

RiccoChicco

Murasama = RC211V 2003.

Qualifying time on Philip Island (Victoria) that year : 1'30

Best lap on GPB : 1'25

We are not to slow compared to reality, we are too fast. Electronics and engineering in general made bikes going faster and faster, but remember that Murasama simulates a 11 years old bike  :)

Hawk

Quote from: RiccoChicco on April 13, 2014, 08:03:33 PM
Murasama = RC211V 2003.

We are not to slow compared to reality, we are too fast. Electronics and engineering in general made bikes going faster and faster, but remember that Murasama simulates a 11 years old bike  :)

Too fast yes... but are lean angles correct to real life?

Alby46

Quote from: Hawk_UK on April 13, 2014, 08:07:51 PM
Too fast yes... but are lean angles correct to real life?
i think yes

GhostdogNL

these day`s the do arround 64 degrees

Vini

I agree, at least on the newer GP prototypes (Ducati GP12), the largest possible lean angle is too small.

And the 500s are way too hard to flick from one side to the other. A 500 GP bike weighs 130 kg with fuel and with the V4's counter-rotating crankshafts, the gyroscopic effects are almost non present compared to superbikes.

Abigor

Murasama = RC211V 2003.

Yes + 1000 on this...... top speed in real life 340 km/h (Victoria) Try this with Murasama lol....... corner speed is too fast and top speed to slow.

JamoZ

Murasama = RC211V 2003.

Don`t forget the "game" factor here. Of course you`re going to be faster then real life. You have no fear of crashing or damaging anything when you`re sitting behind your monitor. You can push it way harder then when you would be doing on a real bike on a real race track. My point it mainly that it`s a visual thing. Lean angles don`t seem right, and the cornering speed feels very slow compared to what you saw them do in 2003/2004 on the 990`s. Go watch any old race on youtube to see that both their lean angles & cornering speed is way higher then what we have now on the murusama. Of course no physics engine is perfect and neither is the engine of gpbikes, but i just wanted to start the discussion on this as i feel that our bike handling feels a little bit off of what you`d expect from a MotoGP prototype...

Arvoss

Quote from: JamoZ on April 13, 2014, 09:17:10 PM
Murasama = RC211V 2003.

Don`t forget the "game" factor here.

This. No one is ever going to do a lap in real life like I do in GP Bikes :P How many times do you fall when doing hotlaps? Right, too many times :P When riding normally (15 laps without crashing) I get 1.28.8 on average, a bit faster than irl. But I'm sure Marquez will do that this year :P

_oDi_

gp bikes is very very close to reality, but there is a virtual driver that allows you to ride the bike in gpbikes, he drives with you, otherwise it would be impossible to drive in a real bike-sim using only a Xbox pad i think. If for example you had a chance to try a driver's seat with handlebar with "direct steering activated " and without automatic lean... you would see a very different behavior ...