• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:37:33 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Can't start the game

Started by frank132, April 14, 2014, 12:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank132

Hi,

i just installed the demo (beta4) and it crashes every single time i try to start it. "Core.exe has stopped working". I'm using Windows 8 and already tried compatibility mode. I'm running on Intel GPU.

What can I do? Please help!

Arvoss

Try running the game as administrator. If this doesn't work, delete everything and install the game again. ;)

PiBoSo

Quote from: frank132 on April 14, 2014, 12:15:08 PM
Hi,

i just installed the demo (beta4) and it crashes every single time i try to start it. "Core.exe has stopped working". I'm using Windows 8 and already tried compatibility mode. I'm running on Intel GPU.

What can I do? Please help!

Please try updating the graphics drivers.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

C21

Which Intel GPU are you running?
Use Latest drivers!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

frank132

My GPU is a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD.

I tried updating GPU driver, reinstalling game, running as administrator... nothing helped :(

rc211v

I'm having the same problem now. It was working fine just a few days ago. I booted it up to play today and it just crashes immediately. Maybe the latest Nvidia drivers (337.88) messed something up?

Re-installation didn't work either. I was so pumped to play after the race on Sunday as well  :(

HornetMaX

For some serious Display Driver Cleanup, I use this: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Read the instructions carefully, it's no toy for kids.

MaX.

rc211v

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 02, 2014, 06:28:04 PM
For some serious Display Driver Cleanup, I use this: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Read the instructions carefully, it's no toy for kids.

MaX.

I found a simpler solution: delete your user profile folders in Documents/Piboso and restart the game. Works like a charm.

swerver

Quote from: rc211v on June 04, 2014, 12:13:21 PM
I found a simpler solution: delete your user profile folders in Documents/Piboso and restart the game. Works like a charm.

Yep, I had similar problems and removing that folder fixed it for me too, this folder doesn't get removed by a re-install so you have to manually remove it.