• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:37:56 AM

Lap Times WSS

Started by C21, April 16, 2014, 09:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miglitol

I cant ride in this server... when i choose this server in the server list the game start with connecting, and then Core.exe crash....

I cant believe it...

dibu

April 21, 2014, 05:32:52 PM #46 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:37:24 PM by dibu
Sorry I don't know what to do, I've already restarted the WSS HL server 5 or 6 times today.
The usage is crazy. During the 5 days since it's running 63 players rode 1.383 valid laps at this single server. ::) (thank you all, at least it makes me think that it was worth to restart Hl sever  :) :) )

Tomorrow I'll have to start working again and I'll have no more time for server restarts.

@PiBoSo, I need a stable server version - urgent   ;)

RBp

Quote from: dibu on April 21, 2014, 05:32:52 PM
Sorry I don't know what to do, I've already restarted the WSS HL server 5 or 6 times today.
The usage is crazy. During the 5 days since it's running 63 players rode 1.383 valid laps at this single server. ::) (thank you all, at least it makes me think that it was worth to restart Hl sever  :) :) )

Tomorrow I'll have to start working again and I'll have no more time for server restarts.

@PiBoSo, I need a stable server version - urgent   ;)

If you can autorestart the server, I would set it up to auto restart every 4 hours or how often you think it needed, Just need to tell people server will start at X time if there on the server at that time they just have to relog back in.

dibu

Quote from: RBp on April 21, 2014, 06:15:29 PM
If you can autorestart the server, I would set it up to auto restart every 4 hours or how often you think it needed, Just need to tell people server will start at X time if there on the server at that time they just have to relog back in.
Maybe the best idea. I spent the whole day trying to setup batch/powershell/autoit/performancemonitor scripts which do the job but had no satisfying success so far. My goal is still to do restarts when the server is empty.
I'll observe what happens tomorrow. If the server usage is still so high, I'll use the automatic server restart every 3 hours.

Arvoss

Isn't it possible to make a practice session of 2h instead of 5h+ so the server automatically restarts? If not I would just write in the command box: Server restart in 4 minutes. Enough time to finish your hotlap ;)

dibu

April 21, 2014, 07:37:40 PM #50 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:39:40 PM by dibu
Quote from: Arvoss on April 21, 2014, 07:25:41 PM
Isn't it possible to make a practice session of 2h instead of 5h+ so the server automatically restarts?
The internal restart of the server (practice session 2hours) isn't enough, it has to be completely restarted to be clean again.

If not I would just write in the command box: Server restart in 4 minutes. Enough time to finish your hotlap ;)
Do you know a way to automatcly/batch write something to the command box? Even if you move the server window to the foreground the cursor isn't positioned in the command box.  :(

Arvoss

Quote from: dibu on April 21, 2014, 07:37:40 PM
Isn't it possible to make a practice session of 2h instead of 5h+ so the server automatically restarts?
The internal restart of the server (practice session 2hours) isn't enough, it has to be completely restarted to be clean again.

If not I would just write in the command box: Server restart in 4 minutes. Enough time to finish your hotlap ;)
Do you know a way to automatcly/batch write something to the command box? Even if you move the server window to the foreground the cursor isn't positioned in the command box.  :(

Just manually when you have time ;) On mac OSX there is an app called Automator that could do the job I think. I'll take a look on Google if there is something similar for windows.

Abigor

Quote from: Miglitol on April 21, 2014, 04:45:34 PM
I cant ride in this server... when i choose this server in the server list the game start with connecting, and then Core.exe crash....

I cant believe it...
Hahaha......i can make 1 lap and then Core.exe for me the last 2-3 days......it really hurts to see everyone improving the lap times....like 30 min ago there was so much groove on track and you know that you can improve your time  :'(...but no...no....not for me....i need a strong beer now  ;D

Arvoss

I found a program that works BUT the commands (restart, update whitelist,...) don't work when I try them. If they would work, the JitBit macro recorder could automatically write: Restart server in 2 minutes, eventually a 10 second countdown and write the "restart" command. You can also record the mouse movement to click on the quit button and restart the server, BUT the window is not always on the same place (maybe you can fix the position of a window). Take a look, it's a trial 'I don't know how long this works). http://www.jitbit.com/macro-recorder/automator-for-windows/ Maybe you can find a torrent ;)