• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:41:01 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Dedicated Server Name.

Started by Klax75, April 18, 2014, 10:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

I found out if you have a ' in your server name it will not show on the server list. Dibu and I did some testing with the dedicated server I've been working on. Once I took the ' out of "Klax75's" the server instantly showed up.

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on April 18, 2014, 10:43:58 AM
I found out if you have a ' in your server name it will not show on the server list. Dibu and I did some testing with the dedicated server I've been working on. Once I took the ' out of "Klax75's" the server instantly showed up.

Good work sorting this issue out Klax/Dibu..... Useful info for other would-be server admins. ;)

Arvoss

April 18, 2014, 05:01:44 PM #2 Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:04:10 PM by Arvoss
Maybe you have to use '/ instead of ' to have a ' in your name. I'll try it and see if this works ;)

EDIT: I tried to add a ' in the name and it works perfectly, I see it in the servers page and my ping is showing ;)

dibu

Quote from: Arvoss on April 18, 2014, 05:01:44 PM
Maybe you have to use '/ instead of ' to have a ' in your name. I'll try it and see if this works ;)

EDIT: I tried to add a ' in the name and it works perfectly, I see it in the servers page and my ping is showing ;)
Try "Klax's" (without quotes) and it will NOT show up at the web site ( http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php ) but you'll see it in game in the world screen.