• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:25:25 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Wheelie

Started by camillozockt, April 21, 2014, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

BOBR6 84

Thanks Max!

U explain it well but il have to take a look at my control setup in the morning!
Im not sure now how its set up lol

Hawk

I've just copied the Direct Steer with torque code into my "Profile.cfg" file. I presume Piboso mean't that file as I could find a .ini file in my profile folder?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on May 08, 2014, 11:31:03 PM
I've just copied the Direct Steer with torque code into my "Profile.cfg" file. I presume Piboso mean't that file as I could find a .ini file in my profile folder?
The file is definitely named profile.ini (not .cfg). And your english sucks Hawk ... your last sentence is mindbending !! Mean't !? WTF  ;D

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 08, 2014, 11:42:18 PM

The file is definitely named profile.ini (not .cfg).
Either I'm looking in the wrong place or my "Profile.ini" is called "Profile.cfg". I've included a picture below to show you.

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 08, 2014, 11:42:18 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on May 08, 2014, 11:31:03 PM

And your english sucks Hawk ... your last sentence is mindbending !! Mean't !? WTF  ;D

MaX.

Lol... Sorry Max. The correct spelling is "meant", and I meant to say, "That I couldn't find the .ini file in my GP Bikes Profile, so I presume Piboso(in his post) meant to say "profile.cfg" and not "Profile.ini"?

All I can say is that my mind feels like mush and I can hardly keep my eyes open, never-mind type correctly. Time for a good kip before I start speaking(or should I say typing) double dutch. Good night guys.  ;) ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on May 09, 2014, 12:20:06 AM
Either I'm looking in the wrong place or my "Profile.ini" is called "Profile.cfg". I've included a picture below to show you.
You are the last victim of the very stupid windows feature "hide known extensions".

Your file is profile.ini, trust me. But as the extension is hidden you look at the icon and you imply that it's a .cfg. Which, of course, is not.

The person who has designed this wonderful windows feature should get a life sentence for crime against humanity. Or should work for Apple :)

MaX.

Klax75

I've practice a lot with Direct Steer with Torque. I prefer Direct Steer with Torque, since you can use the bikes engine to help you lift the bike when coming out of turns. It's a lot different experience, the bike will not pick itself up. And it's very hard to be able to tell what the limit of your lean is (I ride in helmet view) is it impossible? No, but is very difficult. The bike does not change lean angles as fast as default steering, so your thinking a head before you make the turn. You also have to opposite steer during the turn to keep the bike in your lean angle or the bike will just fall over.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on May 09, 2014, 02:23:48 AM
You also have to opposite steer during the turn to keep the bike in your lean angle or the bike will just fall over.
The "opposite steer" is because, most likely, you have "reversed" the applied torque (i.e. stick left = torque right ==> bikes leans left).

Because on a bike in a right turn, to prevent it from falling inside, you have to steer right.

A week ago (after our short PM exchange) I gave direct steer torque/angle a quick try again and I was surprised to notice too that the lean angle chnages are way slower than with the conventional control method. I really don't see any reason why that should be the case. Maybe something for Piboso to look into.

Again, hats down for being able to even use this on a joypad.

MaX.

Hawk

I tried direct steer with torque yesterday. I found it very awkward to use, not only because it is way different to the normal control of the bike, but mainly because when you lean into a corner, from about 50 deg+ the bike just wants to fall over into the corner, were on a real bike the lean angle is compensated by the g force(I think that's right?) trying to upright the bike, therefore  there is just no feel whatsoever to judge this way of control in my personal opinion. Maybe if you were determined enough to practice, practice, and then practice some more then you might be able to get used to it, but even then you'd be at a massive disadvantage to others using the normal ways to control a bike.

HornetMaX

This is because you have no force feedback on the torque you're applying. To me, dir steer torque without force feedback is borderline masochist  :)

When I discussed this stuff with Piboso, we seemed to agree (incredible !!) on the fact that direct steer angle (not torque) has more chances to be usable, at least in principle. But then ... even stating is so complicate it really turns you down ....

MaX.

BOBR6 84

My left thumbstick controls the bike lean.. And thats it.
Handlebars take care of themselves lol.

I will have to try this direct steer with torque!

Are you saying we can counter steer with this?

In theory counter steering allows you to tip into a corner faster! Also should help with direction changes!

Im uploading a little slo-mo video of the last corner at paul ricard!

I tried to do it as I explained but its not quite what I wanted! Il keep trying until I get it right! ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 09, 2014, 10:11:59 PM
My left thumbstick controls the bike lean.. And thats it.
Handlebars take care of themselves lol.
Sure, because you don't use direct steer: you only dictate the (target) lean angle and the "virtual rider" takes care of doing whatever is necessary with the handlebars to reach the lean angle you want.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 09, 2014, 10:11:59 PM
I will have to try this direct steer with torque!

Are you saying we can counter steer with this?

In theory counter steering allows you to tip into a corner faster! Also should help with direction changes!
Yes, with direct steer (torque or angle) you have to counter-steer. Notice however that without direct steer, the "virtual rider" counter-steers for you.
So don't expect any advantage with respect to that.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Well.. this is what i got..
not quite there but its different every lap.. il try to get more angle so the bars move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyQTAb3ipNQ

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 09, 2014, 11:25:20 PM
Well.. this is what i got..
not quite there but its different every lap.. il try to get more angle so the bars move.
In that video the bars are centered (except maybe the very first moments after the wheelie started).
No surprise, as Piboso stated that this is what he does: wheelie --> bars go to center.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 09, 2014, 11:25:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyQTAb3ipNQ

How to embed a video (pay attention to the syntax of the address, it's not the default one):

[flash=400,300]http://www.youtube.com/v/oyQTAb3ipNQ[/flash]

http://www.youtube.com/v/oyQTAb3ipNQ

MaX.

BOBR6 84

ok thanks.

i see what you guys are saying now anyway.. :)

do You have any videos showcasing direct lean?