• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 02:17:05 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

GP Bikes beta7

Started by PiBoSo, October 27, 2015, 09:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yohji

October 28, 2015, 04:54:33 PM #75 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 04:57:10 PM by Yohji
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 28, 2015, 03:30:51 PM
Quote from: Yohji on October 28, 2015, 02:20:45 PM
I think core crash in replay many times...
how about other player?

Is there a way to replicate the replay crash?

I most crash in replay GP250 and JerezV0.9 (sorry for using mod) in multi play.
I opened replay core crash 95%...

PS. and sometimes in replay, graphic is flicking (its in Victoria too)

janaucarre

motonline server use mod bike from beta6, so copy your bikes folder to the new gpbikes/gpbikes/ folder

the only crash i have since last night :
it happens only when i change the bike and come back in the same track,  it happens every time but that's a problem that happens with every new beta and become less frequent along the time.

The 500cc is really good,  i tested aprilia and cagiva,  wow,  for me thats perfect.
Cadwell park is a very hard track for gpbikes and now we can ride on it full throttle.
wowowow

janaucarre

yohji,  is there a camera file in the jerez folder?

Yohji

Quote from: janaucarre on October 28, 2015, 05:00:02 PM
yohji,  is there a camera file in the jerez folder?
yes, jerez has tsc files

I opend replay and some seconds after, crash.

Alibaskins

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 28, 2015, 02:48:13 PM
Would be better to keep it simple for now.. No? Use the default bikes until we know more?

Bikemod FTP have been updated. Now there are only thé stock bikes.

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

BozoCRO

Last night we were racing 600's on Monza and I had no idea B7 was out. So I was playing the old version. So far Piboso would implement a warning to update the game with a new version. It's missing this time.

Blackheart

Impossible ride online today... Core every lap...  Not just me.

Hustin_Jawkins

October 28, 2015, 07:59:27 PM #82 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:05:29 PM by Hustin_Jawkins
Quote from: Blackheart on October 28, 2015, 07:29:30 PM
Impossible ride online today... Core every lap...  Not just me.

Yes. Guess we've been on the same server recently.

Like a lot about the update. Only really seems to be core.exe . Only been testing with default bikes on stock track.

I think modded tracks and bikes need to be updated. This doesn't suprise me that much cause looking at the changelog lots of things involving trackdata and bikedata have been modified. So I don't get why people keep mocking about addons not working yet. Anyway. Good thing is that helmets still do as far as I've checked the beta6c helmet models (AGV, Shark, Scorpio and so on).

BozoCRO

The smoke on the 500 is barely noticable. Am I doing something wrong?  ;D

BOBR6 84

Quote from: BozoCRO on October 28, 2015, 08:09:08 PM

Checked oil? 

Stout Johnson

October 28, 2015, 09:48:06 PM #85 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 12:12:47 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: PiBoSo on October 28, 2015, 03:30:51 PM
Quote from: Yohji on October 28, 2015, 02:20:45 PM
I think core crash in replay many times...
how about other player?

Is there a way to replicate the replay crash?

I haven't seen any pattern really... It seems to happen very randomly. I will try to take a look at it. Many times replay worked fine, but also had crashes out of nowhere. Also noticed that there is the odd core, when hitting track limits sometimes (yes even on 'stock' Victoria).

EDIT:I seem to be able to replicate the core. Joining a public server, doing some laps, then entering replay, selecting other ride, then scrolling in the time bar seems to be forcing a core.exe pretty reliably.

Generel feedback after first 2 hours of beta7 for me:

Pro:
I like the overall feeling of the bike, especially on the brakes and on corner entry. Also the fast transition from lean to lean seems to be much better. Bike physics / virtual rider on banked corners seems to MUCH improved because that was the main frustration point for me in b6. Having an odd and seemingly random lowside just killed the fun for me in b6. Now I can run steady and the behaviour of the bike is much more predictable. Also the behaviour on corner exits seems to be better, there seems to be a more realistic way of controlling cornering arc with throttle.

Con:#
Corner exit on throttle seems to be improved but imo the transition from total grip to zero grip (losing the rear) seems to be not smooth enough. It seems like 100%grip, 100%grip, 100%grip, no grip. I would like to see the transition of the rear wheel from total grip into some sort of (moderate) powerslide more manageable, especically with small lean angles. Please do not get me wrong, I do not want to be able to powerslide like Stoner effortlessly. It should still be hard take a lot of practice. But even with small lean angle the bike pretty much spins out on me before I know it.

Overall, I am liking beta7 so far very much :) thank you also for the decision to release beta7 earlier than you would have liked. It gives you a good amount of feedback for the next steps.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Vini

Only visible at very low revs and a lot of throttle.
Which is accurate for a racing two-stroke at operation temperature.

BozoCRO

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 28, 2015, 08:12:58 PM

Checked oil?

Castrol TTS  8)

BozoCRO

Quote from: vin97 on October 29, 2015, 01:55:36 AM

Yes, I get it. But whats the point of an effect if we barelly get to see it?
When the bike isn't moving and you apply throttle the smoke should be visible.

Here's an example. Towards the end of the video bike gets warmed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6HeLxf6Zic

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on October 29, 2015, 01:55:36 AM

+1 Vin.  ;)

Hawk.