• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:32:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | GP800 NDS CHAMPIONSHIP | Info & Sign-up | COMPLETE

Started by Napalm Nick, July 14, 2015, 01:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on August 22, 2015, 08:20:08 PM
Pre 2002 Hockenheim.

You mean "Hockenhiem 79" ?
Haha!! I've just been testing that to see if it works well, and it does! So I'd be all for "Hockenhiem 79". It's a track that tends to get forgotten for some reason, but it's a very fast track and works well with the GP10.  ;)

I'll create an NDS version before the race if you want to use this track Nick?  ;)

Great minds think alike Borenlater!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

matty0l215

Pre 2002 Hockenheim.

+1

Very nicely proportioned track. It actually feels like a real track in size :)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Boerenlater

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 22, 2015, 09:18:29 PM
Pre 2002 Hockenheim.

Haha!! I've just been testing that to see if it works well, and it does! So I'd be all for "Hockenhiem 79". It's a track that tends to get forgotten for some reason, but it's a very fast track and works well with the GP10.  ;)

I'll create an NDS version before the race if you want to use this track Nick?  ;)

Hawk.
The one with the chicanes ;) not the 79 version.

Hawk

Quote from: Boerenlater on August 22, 2015, 09:46:47 PM
Quote from: Hawk UK on August 22, 2015, 09:18:29 PM
Pre 2002 Hockenheim.

Hawk.
The one with the chicanes ;) not the 79 version.

You mean NC - HockenhiemRing?  :-\

Hawk.

finpower

Good evening driver.
As I know now, I have finished the championship on the podium.
Congratulations to all the riders and jan for winning the championship.
I now make a break through B7 as is.
was really fun and I thank Nick for all the work to organize such a championship.
see you again later.

Greeting fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Hawk

Quote from: finpower on August 23, 2015, 09:25:50 PM
Good evening driver.
As I know now, I have finished the championship on the podium.
Congratulations to all the riders and jan for winning the championship.
I now make a break through B7 as is.
was really fun and I thank Nick for all the work to organize such a championship.
see you again later.

Greeting fin

Still one more round to go yet, isn't there?  :o :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Officially two more rounds - Suzuka next week and the member voted-for Hockenheim (should the version be decided).

However, I am more than happy to end it now if that is what people want. There is little interest in the races, the game, the development or the forum as far as I can see. No point flogging a dead horse for the sake of it.

Let me know  :-\
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 23, 2015, 09:43:45 PM
Officially two more rounds - Suzuka next week and the member voted-for Hockenheim (should the version be decided).

However, I am more than happy to end it now if that is what people want. There is little interest in the races, the game, the development or the forum as far as I can see. No point flogging a dead horse for the sake of it.

Noo!! I want to race but i've to busy  :-[ i need another podium ;D

Blackheart

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 23, 2015, 09:43:45 PM

Objectively the GP10 it's fun to make some fast laps but less so in the long races.

In fact I enjoyed it so much more in the event with the fz6 that in all championship races ...

P.S. Maybe a event in Cadwell Park with fz6?  ;D

Hawk

Personally speaking I think there are two issues affecting participation at this time:

• Riders don't particularly enjoy riding the GP10 bike in it's current state of development. It's frustrating to ride and promotes the dreaded rage quitters, and it's physics are obviously still a work in progress and not particularly stable in my opinion.

• More importantly, I think at the moment there is a big disappointment and subsequent  back-lash from Piboso's decision to put GPB Beta 7 onto the backburner in favour of continuing the development of the next MXB Beta for whatever personal reasons he has for doing that, even though it's now been the best part of 1 year since the last GPB update.
    I think now the overwhelming feeling is: "Is Piboso going to ever finish anything that he starts?, Or is he just going to continually start fresh projects and end up never finishing anything at all?" Those of us that have been around for a long time are beginning to see a pattern evolving and we don't like what we see..... It's a well known Indie Developers disease in my opinion. It's just a real shame Piboso doesn't seem to realise just what he has here in GPB if only he'd either get it into a marketable state, or actually get on and finish it..... I mean who'd want to buy a car with no wheels and a promise to fit them as soon as possible?  ::) :P

There is a glimmer of light in the fact that Piboso has greenlighted KRP on steam. Hopefully that will generate a large amount of finance for him to be able to set-to and get his current projects completed. I genuinely wish Piboso all the best of luck with that.  ;) 8)

But as far as I'm concerned Nick, I definitely want to continue participating in future events and the current champs.... In future, in my opinion, it would probably be better to stick with bikes that are known to be good, stable and enjoyable to ride, though personally I prefer to ride road racing bikes in race events rather than gimmick fun bike events; this is why I bought GPB to ride road race bikes in races and events,  not Scooters, not street bikes or half MX/road bikes, etc, etc..... If I wanted to do that I'd buy an arcade game for that kind of fun and games.  :P  :)

Also I think in future, anyone who signs up for championships should genuinely aim to finish all elements to the championships(including actually finishing races and not rage quitting.  :P ), and anyone who decides not to compete in a championship round should then be automatically dropped from the whole championship no matter what the excuse.

Above all and finally, I'd like to say that Nick is doing an absolute BRILLIANT job in organising these events! Without Nick this forum would be virtually dead in the water right now, and I think we all should be very thankful that we have Nick here organising events and contributing enormously in keeping the enthusiasm going for GPB especially under the present circumstances.... Job extremely well done Nick!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Boerenlater

finpower

a dead cow can no longer be milked.
which is GP800 is simply impassable for most drivers.
maybe you should choose a motorcycle that for most riders is also driving.
that's why I do not understand why you repeatedly selects a motorcycle that does not want the driver or simply impassable .The is also the problem that so many drivers fail and do not participate in the race.
also is not fun.
Why does not a motorcycle that all riders can reasonably frustration without too much.
as I said, I'm also satisfied to go with this cucumber.
perhaps, the server will then be full again.

Greeting fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

teeds

Nick, it seems most find this bike a handful and a half, so why not wrap this champ up and start a fresh on a bike that's more user friendly? Maybe SSP600 or Moto2 for instance. Also might I suggest that we have 2 shorter races instead of 1 longer one maybe? Might give more incentive to keep people interested for race 2 and another go at a race per event. I now you like the tyre wearing aspect but maybe hold the odd long event for tyre management skills. Pity we don't have tyre wear acceleration options.

Also not sure how many on here have raced car sims much but one aspect of it I think this game could benefit from is to have servers setup not just for endless practice but lots of short races, it hardly ever seems to happen. In nearly all car sims on-line public servers it is about 10-15 mins practice, a short qually session and then into a 5-10 min race, then rinse and repeat. It can be really popular. This is one thing I've found odd about the GPB on-line racing scene, but I know it's a bit of a pain without the ability to join and wait for the next race during a race, as you can with all car sims I can remember.
The above could make race practice far less of a chore and better prepare people for riding races.

Just my thoughts to make the best of what we have  :)

matty0l215

Quote from: teeds on August 24, 2015, 03:30:04 PM
Maybe SSP600 or Moto2 for instance

2 shorter races instead of 1 longer one maybe?

This sounds like a plan :D

I'd love to have a least one more race on the GP10 (Hock '79  ::) :P)