• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 12:46:29 AM

Brexit or not ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 20, 2016, 10:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 24, 2016, 01:35:43 PM
Quote from: Hawk on June 24, 2016, 12:57:30 PM
I think you'll find that NATO is the main reason peace has reined in Europe since it's formation and not the BS bureaucratic economical system of the EU Max.  ;)
Yeah sure, the NATO ... our good american friends ... real pace-keepers. And I'm the one swallowing the bullshit ...

Like it or not Max, it's a fact that it is NATO that has kept the peace in Europe and NOT the EU. The USA might well be the largest partner in NATO, but it is an Alliance of countries specifically to protect those countries from any military aggression from another country and without NATO we would probably have been involved in another world war by now with Russia's recent antics.

Well already other countries are talking about having a referendum themselves now they've seen the result from the UK, so how long do you think it will be till Italy and the rest do the same?
Which countries ? Nobody has even started discussing a potential referendum. You're picking up some noise about what could potentially happen and transforming it into "it's happening right now".
In Italy there's no discussion at all.

I did say countries and not "Governments" and I personally class the people of a country as that country when talking about a country...... Though admittedly I'd probably be better understood by saying that the people of certain countries are talking about wanting a referendum to come out the EU, but that's just nit-picking really, because if the people want a referendum then eventually they have to have one.  :P

The only thing that is really happening is that a meeting of the (now) 27 EU nations is planned for next week to discuss (without the UK) how to handle the Brexit.
And the first signs do not seem to indicate the EU will be as tender as many of the leave leaders said it would be. The message is: out is out.
All bluster and wind Max.... Of course they'll want to do a deal with the UK for trade.... Let's wait and see what actually happens, eh.  ;)

A Scottish Ref on Independence: Go for it Scotland!  ;D

Now Northern Ireland want an independence ref too! Woo Hooo!!! Hehe!  ;D 8)

Sometimes people/countries need to jump into the fire before they realise systems need to change........ This is part of the major shift we needed, so  with all that's happened and is likely to transpire as a result then this is indeed a greater day than I ever dreamed off!  ;D  8)
:o
Do you realize SCo and NI are talking about independence from the UK, not from the EU ?

Oh Christ! It's well known that Scotland and NI wanted to stay in the EU Max! Lol  ;D
Do I have to be so specific for you when I'm talking in context to what the SNP leader and Sinn Fein leader have talked about on the news, that they are looking for "Independence from the UK" as a result of the UK "dragging them" out of the EU..... Jesus! Your hard work sometimes Max. Lol    ::) ;D

Hawk.

girlracerTracey

June 24, 2016, 02:24:19 PM #151 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:22:20 PM by girlracerTracey
In my estimation..Hawk is sort of right and so is Max.

The real reason that there has been peace on the continent of Europe since WWII is because all European nations are vassal states of Washington. A situation enforced not only through NATO but also through the uniformly imposed private banking system that applies without exception throughout the whole of Europe. Why would the European nations under such an arrangement fight amongst themselves when in reality there's nothing left to fight for?

Despite the commonly held belief that WWII was a war fought over invasions (expansionism on the part of Germany) and counter defence by the allies it was in reality a war fought over two opposing systems of finance and currency. As was the case in the early part of the 19th century with the "take-down" of Napoleon. Hitler dispensed with the incumbent Rothschild owned German central bank and introduced his own independent system of finance and currency issuance just as Napoleon did in earlier times with his "Infamous Decree" of 1808.

Post World War II quote - Winston Churchill, Bern 1960.

"Germany's unforgivable crime before the second world war was its attempt to loosen its economy out of the world trade system and to build up her own exchange system from which the world-finance couldn't profit anymore...We butchered the wrong pig."

The sad reality of course is that whilst there has been no significant wars on the continent of Europe since 1945 we have however waged war elsewhere upon Asians and Arabs (amongst others) and such peoples have died in their millions. We now have the post millenium phenomenon of PNAC and the planned conquest of 7 nations by Washington to which 9/11 was the precursor- google General Wesley Clarke plan to invade 7 nations in 5 years), the Oded Yinon plan and the phenomenon of petrodollar/currency warfare in the Middle East and North Africa. So all in all it's not a pretty sight EU or no EU, NATO or no NATO. We are now instigating at our volition a potential military/nuclear confrontation with Russia and possibly China..so no I wouldn't say the world has necessarily become a safer place since WWII. To the contrary we now exist in reality in a state of perpetual war.

I am of course delighted by the Brexit result. The markets will speculate as they would always do against sterling (my late father was a City of London broker and would have expected nothing less I think) but it is the longer term perspective that will be the acid test for this exit vote. 

I didn't fall off my chair but I did trip over my pyjama bottoms rushing to the tv this morning though when my flat-mate told me the result..  :)

https://www.youtube.com/v/z8ityb0Ips4

grT

Napalm Nick

Trump says its a good choice and he is half Scottish . 
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Phathry25

PiB buys his domains from Belgium. But I guess it's all the same with the EU and what not, hard to tell where someone is hiding inside of it.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on June 24, 2016, 02:23:12 PM
All bluster and wind Max.... Of course they'll want to do a deal with the UK for trade.... Let's wait and see what actually happens, eh.  ;)
Of course like in:

Followed by:

https://www.youtube.com/v/B0ktojE6WQA

I didn't see your comment about that, but that's fine I guess.

Of course there will be a deal, but you can be sure it won't be as favourable for you as it was before.

Anyway, the referendum outcome is what it is. People voted, result is confirmed. I'm happy, you're happy. All good.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 24, 2016, 02:31:11 PM
Trump says its a good choice and he is half Scottish .
This Donald Trump ? http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/donald-trump-says-its-great-8271738

"Donald Trump says it's a "great thing" Britain has "taken back their country" as he arrives in Scotland"

Not sure the Scots were exactly enchanted by that declaration :)

girlracerTracey

June 24, 2016, 04:58:08 PM #156 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 05:48:44 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: Hawk on June 24, 2016, 02:23:12 PM
rotect those countries from any military aggression from another country and without NATO we would probably have been involved in another world war by now with Russia's recent antics.

What has Russia done? Aside from looking after her own national security interests in the Crimea  in response to Washington's "Playbook" CIA Coup d'état against the democratically elected government of the Ukraine in 2014?

Who is siting nuclear missiles along the length of who's border (and installing a "defensive" missile system alongside its offensive missiles at the same time to compliment each other)? Answer: Not Russia.

What would be the reaction in Washington I wonder if Russia or China installed nuclear missiles in Mexico alongside the borders of the U.S.A.?

NATO troops are also massing along Russia borders as we speak. And conducting large scale and potentially highly provocative military exercises at the same time. Again right alongside Russia's borders..

I would politely suggest the real aggressor here is Washington/NATO. Not Russia.

One could make the same claims against Washington in the South China Sea also..

I am tbh confused how anyone might interpret the current situation in the world as anything other than aggression and provocation on the part of Washington and the banking interests which seem to influence Washington in its foreign policy agenda. 

My genuine concern is that mainstream media propaganda in the West has now overtaken reality. The reality concerning Russia, one might argue, is presently a sort of re-run of the Cuban missile crisis of 1962 but on a much larger scale and with the relative positions reversed. It seems funny to me how when Russia placed missiles on the island of Cuba in 1962 this was seen as dangerous and highly provocative (which it was although there was an explanation at least for this happening) but when Washington/NATO does the same thing on a much "grander" scale in 2016 it is immediately portrayed as "defensive" and "non-provocative" by the Western mainstream media. Really I think the hypocrisy involved in this is absurd. I do accept however that my personal opinion on this represents a minority viewpoint in the West.

I can't help but think that it is a very dangerous and a very funny old world that we presently live in. I suppose Russia taking the initiative to de-dolarise and seek its own currency and trading initiatives outside of the dollar frame-work might be considered a step too far as far as Washington and Washington's "owners" are concerned? I suppose one could suggest similar contradictions apply with regard to the U.S.A.'s heightened tensions with China also? Certainly I think there are two sides to every story at the very least..

Throw into the mix the proxy war in Syria and things do seem to be very precariously balanced at the moment to say the least.

I think this is why I don't take that much notice of the Western mainstream media these days if I'm honest.. ;)

grT

CapeDoctor

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 24, 2016, 02:24:19 PM

I didn't fall off my chair but I did trip over my pyjama bottoms rushing to the tv this morning....

i'm not going to ask how you managed that, lol....  ;D

Toomes1

Happy for the decision, personally I think it's the right one and one more thing" grT your just to deep for me where do you get this information from... Do I need to get an elite team of soldiers together to fight off the aliens when they invade the planet.

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Toomes1 on June 24, 2016, 05:46:56 PM
Happy for the decision, personally I think it's the right one and one more thing" grT your just to deep for me where do you get this information from... Do I need to get an elite team of soldiers together to fight off the aliens when they invade the planet.

lol. Yes they're coming for us all.. We're all doomed you know? They want to breed with us (every one of us) and create a new race of hybrid lizards with even larger wings.. It will happen this year.

grT

Toomes1

June 24, 2016, 06:05:35 PM #160 Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:18:18 PM by Toomes1
Well if they stop me from watching MotoGP their gonna get their asses kicked back to Mars.

Hawk

@grt:
Oh.... I think all major world governments are as bad as each other with all this geo-political manoeuvring and trying to secure the Earths wealth and resources to secure their own futures, so I don't think defending any of them is worth it at all. We all know they are up to no good in one form or another.  ;)

The fact is that the Earth hasn't the resources to provide everyone in this world with the living standards that the major powers on this planet enjoy, and sooner or later conflict will be inevitable unless the system changes or technologies are revealed that will solve a lot of the resource problems. But while a monetary system is what is worshiped on this world and resources become increasingly harder to find then conflict will always be a danger. :)

@Max:
I've never really given a monkeys how much we send to the EU each year or how much we get back - the issue for me was about getting control of our country back from those bureaucrats in Brussels.  :P
I think most are intelligent enough to know that politicians lie and cheat in campaigns in an attempt to brainwash the electorate to vote their way. So it's nothing new to me Max and certainly something I'm well aware of.  :)

But this referendum vote wasn't against the people of Europe(some seem to be getting the wrong impression), it was simply against the way the European Government was slowly but surely taking away our sovereignty and rights to make our own laws and make our own futures in this world. We don't need a nanny state to guide us all.  They should've left well alone. :P

Hawk.
PS: Don't start me off about E.T.'s. LOL   ;D

BOBR6 84

Well if Scotland leave.. We gonna need a castle black and a large wall  :D

Vini

to be honest, i dont really care about this topic all that much, certainly not like you guys do.
you do what you want and see if it works for you.
this obviously isn't a surprise but let's see how long it stays that way.

still, i would like to know where exactly the EU took away your sovereignty?
i'm sure there are many examples, so a short list shouldn't be hard to compile.

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 22, 2016, 11:03:45 PM
Now this seems quite interesting. A CNBC poll suggests that nearly half of Brexit supporters think the referendum is rigged. Quite am interesting phenomenon.
since the election was obviously not rigged, it means that half of the brexit supporters are probably people who prefer believing in unproven speculation instead of facts.

h106frp

Pound/Dollar is about where it started trending to this time last year and is probably more closely linked to QE than anything else, when the US stopped printing money we carried on and thus devalued our own currency.

Despite all the alarm the FTSE is higher than it was at the start of the week and significantly higher than when the banks destroyed the economy for us