• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 09:56:19 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Brexit or not ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 20, 2016, 10:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomes1

Why don't we give this subject a fucking rest, it's boring now.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2016, 03:01:43 PM
I must admit Max when I heard Nigel rubbing it in to the EU like he did my head was in my hands.... Like you say, it's not a good grounding for negotiation talks. But I did enjoy it.... in fact loved it when Nigel told them some home truths about hardly any of them having had a real job in their lives! Hehe!  ;D
We can't really blame Nigel for telling them "I told you so" after the way they ridiculed him for saying the UK would leave the EU 17 years ago.  ;)
Hope you enjoyed it all the way, because it may have been the most expensive 10min rubbing in the entire history of trade.
Germans are usually pragmatic, but past a given point they become quite ruthless.

I'd be very curious to see NF (or his pal BJ) getting the power now and show the world how he can make all his other predictions happen ...  I'd expect a lot of backpedalling, which in fact already started.

Quote from: Toomes1 on June 28, 2016, 05:31:23 PM
Don't feel obliged to read it, especially if it bores or annoys you. I find it interesting overall.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 28, 2016, 07:00:30 PM
Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2016, 03:01:43 PM
I must admit Max when I heard Nigel rubbing it in to the EU like he did my head was in my hands.... Like you say, it's not a good grounding for negotiation talks. But I did enjoy it.... in fact loved it when Nigel told them some home truths about hardly any of them having had a real job in their lives! Hehe!  ;D
We can't really blame Nigel for telling them "I told you so" after the way they ridiculed him for saying the UK would leave the EU 17 years ago.  ;)
Hope you enjoyed it all the way, because it may have been the most expensive 10min rubbing in the entire history of trade.
Germans are usually pragmatic, but past a given point they become quite ruthless.

I'd be very curious to see NF (or his pal BJ) getting the power now and show the world how he can make all his other predictions happen ...  I'd expect a lot of backpedalling, which in fact already started.

Well I think they should realise that NF wasn't part of the official leave campaign and is still a bit of a maverick aside from the government of the UK, so let's see if the EU commission is as forward thinking as they like to believe shall we. If they are then they won't hold NF's comments/attitude against the UK government when it comes to start negotiations.  ;)

But still greatly disappointed with all the doom and gloom mongering going off in the media, it's totally disgusting considering that we need to be now more than ever a positive and get going nation to prove the EU wrong, and the media will play a big part in giving the nation that good feeling by telling the truth in a positive way rather than solely concentrating on the negative side of this issue all of the time. Seems to me the doom-mongers(remain campaign voters) want us to fail badly in the vain hope of another referendum... It isn't going to happen!  ::)

Hawk.

Toomes1

I do feel obliged to read it, I did vote to leave and the only part that's interesting is seeing what cowards look like on the political front who voted remain, but not to worry we're clear the way for them assholes. Who knows they might even grow a pair in the process....o yes Maximillion, good times are ahead there's no stopping it. We're pushing forward that's it.

Vini

Toomes1

Quote from: vin97 on June 28, 2016, 08:26:05 PM

:D :D

Don't worry about it vin, that's called a picture👏👏👏

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2016, 08:00:13 PM

But still greatly disappointed with all the doom and gloom mongering going off in the media, it's totally disgusting ........

Hawk.

Couldn't agree more Hawk, the press are feeding the problem terribly - always blaming everything on a racist vote, or financial doom and gloom. I was thinking this myself today. I mean come on, we know the press feed like vultures on sensationalism, but its time they stopped being part of the problem and started being part of the solution. What little respect I had for them is waning away each day and what do we see as a result - no brains joe and his wife regurgitating the problems the press have put into their heads when interviewed.

Another example - "But Boris said all the money would go on the NHS"  I mean wake up people - who thought in the last two weeks before the vote that all the 350m paid each week into the EU would go on the NHS instead?  Mr and Mrs Shared Brain Cell - that's who. "But it was written on a bus".  ::)  Fair play to Boris for getting some votes from the people who no doubt needed help writing X in the box.

UK press is indeed disgusting. Maybe we can vote to have EU press instead which I am sure are far more objective (pfff) >:(

So it continues..our minds distracted from the lack of PiB daily updates specifically focussed on GPB lol! Max might be PiBs right hand customer services man!

hehe good pic Vin. The man has 'special skills' shall we say.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2016, 08:00:13 PM

But still greatly disappointed with all the doom and gloom mongering going off in the media, it's totally disgusting ........

Hawk.
But doom and gloom has been the basis of the leave campaign, no ? I mean, Independence Day, Polish invasion, banana's curvature, 109 EU laws about pillows etc.

If the stay had won, what would you think would be the message right now from the stay camp ? Let me answer: doom and gloom.

But at any rate, me too I disregard the ones talking about forecast and predictions, mostly because  they may be wrong. Or biased. Or both.
I just look at the events unfolding right now (events, not predictions): it doesn't look good man.

Quote from: Toomes1 on June 28, 2016, 08:05:20 PM
I do feel obliged to read it, ....
Well sorry then, but it's your problem: I surely won't stop discussing because it bothers you.

Napalm Nick

It looks fine and nothing unexpected to me. In fact much less for this early period. Judging by what I hear, few Exit voters thought there wouldn't be a lot of turmoil at first IE: most were ready and prepared to sustain high casualties - Whether that was political, financial, or panic on the streets (of Glastonbury).

In fact the financial stuff the press have tried so hard to use, quoting 'billions lost on stock markets', affects average joes by nothing and works out at 3pence against the dollar. Wowee that happened the last time the Queen farted.

The events unfolding now might seem bad but as collateral goes, so far at least, much better than expected. But then the events are also only what we are fed in news and we already discussed that. Honestly, I feel the press are disappointed there isn't riots up and down the country and that the sky hasn't fallen down. Sometimes I think the EU members might think the same.

What does make an interesting read (cos we is humans and we like conspirational amusement) is all the right wing news from other EU countries that is starting to circulate. General consensus - The EU will crumble within 5 years. Ay carumba the cat is out of the bag lets hope the right doesn't move to the middle lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Toomes1

June 28, 2016, 09:22:23 PM #234 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:24:04 PM by Toomes1
You can go on as  much as you like till your blue in the face. I got the decision I wanted so please feel free to entertain me Max.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Toomes1 on June 28, 2016, 09:22:23 PM
You can go on as  much as you like till your blue in the face. I got the decision I wanted so please feel free to entertain me Max.
Doh, I though you asked something else not long ago:
Quote from: Toomes1 on June 28, 2016, 05:31:23 PM
And there's a big misunderstanding here: I do think the leave is bad for UK (personal opinion, I do get many can disagree), but I stated clearly before that I was truly hoping for a leave.
So I'm still far from being blue in the the face at the moment, on the contrary, I'm pretty happy for me. But not so for the ones in the "UK" that were more hoping for a stay. But then, not much can be done about that right now: majority wins, rightly so.

Quote from: Napalm Nick on June 28, 2016, 09:14:23 PM
What does make an interesting read (cos we is humans and we like conspirational amusement) is all the right wing news from other EU countries that is starting to circulate. General consensus - The EU will crumble within 5 years. Ay carumba the cat is out of the bag lets hope the right doesn't move to the middle lol.
(Extreme) Right-wing here in France has been predicting the implosion of the EU during the last 20 years, so yeah ... nothing to be scared about.
But if you have evidence of that "general consensus", I'd like to read that.

In fact the financial stuff the press have tried so hard to use, quoting 'billions lost on stock markets', affects average joes by nothing
That, unfortunately, is false.

Toomes1

i think the doom and gloom is right above your head max along with that sinking ship your standing on. Come...take my hand.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Toomes1 on June 28, 2016, 10:33:44 PM
i think the doom and gloom is right above your head max along with that sinking ship your standing on. Come...take my hand.
Who knows, you may be right. Or not.

At any rate, if I ever get bored of you discussing this here, I won't ask you to shut up: I'd simply stop reading.

Toomes1

Know Max, somebody told you to shut up...who,tell me, I'm not standing for that. We're meant to be watching these events unfold through your eyes.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 28, 2016, 09:48:09 PM
And there's a big misunderstanding here: I do think the leave is bad for UK....
Lets be clear - the leave IS bad for the UK no-one should think otherwise. But hopefully that is the short term affect not the long. Time will tell.
(Extreme) Right-wing here in France has been predicting the implosion of the EU during the last 20 years, so yeah ... nothing to be scared about.
But if you have evidence of that "general consensus", I'd like to read that.
I have a problem with that in that it would need me to post press links and that's the road to hell yet again. But use the keyphrase 'EU crumble within 5 years" and you should find some amusement.
In fact the financial stuff the press have tried so hard to use, quoting 'billions lost on stock markets', affects average joes by nothing
That, unfortunately, is false.

Is it now, I didn't notice anything but you make a convincing case so maybe , but no worries it will probably rocket up later on higher than ever and offset whatever it is affecting.

Who knows? That's half the charm of it. Into the unknown, leading by example, sink or swim, and fate is back in our hands.

G'night all. ;)