• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:18:22 AM

[beta] A-7000 Road

Started by BerScott, April 23, 2014, 03:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alone

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

iVolution

Wow, that looks sick. That would be the most beautiful road track in GP bikes i guess. Can somebody explain how a point to point track in GP bikes will work? Do you have to go to the pit at the end or something?

BerScott

April 25, 2014, 02:45:06 PM #18 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:50:16 PM by BerScott
@iVolution PiBoSo tracks needs to set a centerline following the main road track path, the problem is that the centerline must be closed joining the start and end of the line. The only way to follow the track path and close the line is making a huge round with the line and joining the start/end (see picture).

The real main problem actually is that there's no way to record a "lap" time from a point to point track, because right now it is only possible to assign one start/finish single line unlike other sims where you are able tu place an independent line to start and finish respectively. But that doesn't mean that is impossible to make a ride from start to the end of the track, but you just can't record a complete lap time. I can solve this assign split time lines and have it as a reference for the timing.

For now the only solution is to ask PiBoSo if is it possible to add the option to make a centerline with the start and finish points in different places, same for the start/finish lines. As said, anyway you can ride the track and configure different pit places to make people start without crash one to other.

(click to expand)

HornetMaX

Yes, the request for "linear" tracks (A to B) has already been made along ago.

One thing that could be funny, instead of the "long circle arc" to get back from point B (arrival) to point A (departure) would be to have the very same track as A to B, but moved slightly off and used the other way around.

Ultra-raw rewording: build the track A to B, copy it and paste it a little aside (so that  there are no intersections), obtaining a portion A' to B'. Now connect B with B' and A to A'.
When riding B' to A', you're actually riding the same road, the other way round.

Not sure how easy this is to do, but it's probably better than the "big arc". Mind, the track files could become too big.

MaX.

BerScott

@HornetMaX I had the same idea but you wouldn't get a real uphill/downhill timing, you would get the sum of them. Also there's no much space to make a -turn manouver, only if you use "I" and "K" keys, and that would add lot of extra time.

HornetMaX

I was thinking at something like this:

Instead of having the big circle arc, you have a copy of the same A-B track.

Timing would still be an issue of course, partially solved using splits.

MaX.

BerScott

That would mean to double the whole circuit. I barely can open and pack the main track in 3DS Max. I see that not possible :-\

HornetMaX

Yeah, that was the (expected) problem. No biggie, we may have to wait for the proper solution or live with a "somehow boring" return trip :)

MaX.

Ian

Put a roundabout on each end and go back the way you came  ;D

ALEale

Juju

April 27, 2014, 12:22:02 PM #26 Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:24:30 PM by Juju
Quote from: HornetMaX on April 25, 2014, 03:08:03 PM
I was thinking at something like this:

Instead of having the big circle arc, you have a copy of the same A-B track.

Timing would still be an issue of course, partially solved using splits.

MaX.

Better like this.

or

8)

RiccoChicco

My favorite one is the second version of Juju.

It's the only version where we don't have a "loop", so we will not race 2 time the same thing by lap.

HornetMaX

Quote from: RiccoChicco on April 27, 2014, 12:51:50 PM
My favorite one is the second version of Juju.

It's the only version where we don't have a "loop", so we will not race 2 time the same thing by lap.
Well, in my version you don't race 2 times the same thing, as when you come back you ride it in the other direction, like on a real road.
As if once reached the end of the road you do a u-turn and ride back: same road, opposite direction.

In Juju's  1st version you ride twice an identical road, while in 2nd version when you ride back you ride on a different road: you ride the mirrored version of the road, in the opposite direction (not on the same road on opposite direction).

MaX.

RiccoChicco