• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Help needed with activating my gpbikes account!

Started by girlracerTracey, May 16, 2014, 08:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlracerTracey

Hello everyone. I purchased my gpbikes licence key yesterday afternoon and received the key via e-mail.

Whenever I try to activate my account via the link in the e-mail it is telling me I have an invalid licence key. Which is a bit frustrating as I want to go online on gpbikes with a friend this week.

I have tried it 10 times now. But I keep getting the same message. The licence key I am trying to activate is taken straight from the e-mail I received and it now allows me to play the full game in offline mode. So it's definitely a valid & correct licence key with which I am trying to activate my account. I think the activation system may be glitched?

I have sent a message to technical support but have not received a response yet. I really want to get online today if possible.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hello to everyone on the forum! I am 18 years old & live in the U.K.  :)

girlracerTracey

HornetMaX

Hi there,

normally Piboso replies as soon as possible to this kind of messages.

In the while, you should have a GP Bikes "data" folder somewhere on your PC. It's not the installation directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\GP Bikes beta4b"), it's typically under your "Documents" folder (e.g. "C:\Users\MaX\Documents\PiBoSo\GP Bikes", it may vary depending on which Windows you have). In that directory you have a license.ini file: it's just a text file, open it with a text editor (notepad ok), you should see something like this (with different values, of course):

[license]
login=MaX!
key=ABCDE-ABCDE-ABCDE-ABCDE

Check if the key matches the key you received in your email. Eventually put it there and retry.

MaX.

girlracerTracey

Thank you for your help.

I'll try that.

It seems that maybe others are encountering some problems with licence keys showing as invalid having read through this thread. Maybe post beta4?

I'm new to all this but know computers quite well. I have raced on gp500 for a few years now. I also do a bit of modding on gp500..

All the best, Tracey  :)

HornetMaX

If it's a real problem it's something temporary: we surely had new licences post-beta4 and didn't get any echo of troubles.

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: girlracerTracey on May 16, 2014, 08:25:11 AM
Hello everyone. I purchased my gpbikes licence key yesterday afternoon and received the key via e-mail.

Whenever I try to activate my account via the link in the e-mail it is telling me I have an invalid licence key. Which is a bit frustrating as I want to go online on gpbikes with a friend this week.

I have tried it 10 times now. But I keep getting the same message. The licence key I am trying to activate is taken straight from the e-mail I received and it now allows me to play the full game in offline mode. So it's definitely a valid & correct licence key with which I am trying to activate my account. I think the activation system may be glitched?

I have sent a message to technical support but have not received a response yet. I really want to get online today if possible.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hello to everyone on the forum! I am 18 years old & live in the U.K.  :)

girlracerTracey

A reply email was sent. Please check spam folder.

The license key must be registered at this link: http://stats.gp-bikes.com/register.php
Nickname -> the name you choose
Old Nickname -> empty
PayPal Email -> the email address is .co.uk and not .com
License key -> your license key

More info:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=834.0
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

girlracerTracey

Thanks very much  PiBoSo.

I'll try that. My relative who made the payment via Paypal is telling me the e-mail address is .com not .co.uk ..

But I'll give it a go now..

Tracey

C21

Have you been registered?

Edit:
Oh Sorry, didn´t update the thread...

Piboso was faster  ;D
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

girlracerTracey

I'm in. It worked!

I am really happy with that. Thank you very much.

I look forward to falling off online now!  ;)

Tracey

Hawk

Welcome aboard Tracey! ;D

Hope you've got everything sorted out now?

Catch you on track.  ;D 8)

girlracerTracey

Hi Hawk. Thanks for the welcome!

I have been organising &  racing in motogp13 leagues for about a year but my first love is the gp500 pc game. I inherited my interest in m/c racing games from my father who used to race in real life & who loved the gp500 game with a passion..

Anyway, I'm really excited about being here. I know you guys are amazingly fast on this "game" but I intend to enjoy trying desperately to keep you in sight..some hope!

JamoZ commented to me on one of my youtube videos that I should get my behind over to gpbikes..it took a while but I'm here!

I think gpbikes is hugely promising..I really do. I think it's a fantastic achievement already. It is a breath of fresh air in so many ways..in a world of hastily developed arcade racers.

I am very happy to be here.

Tracey  :)

JamoZ

HornetMaX

Quote from: girlracerTracey on May 16, 2014, 05:25:00 PM
JamoZ commented to me on one of my youtube videos that I should get my behind over to gpbikes..
That sounds just like something Jamoz could say indeed.

MaX.

JamoZ

I am well known for my polite choice of words, i would never say such things :P

JamoZ