• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:04:04 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Xbox One controller

Started by PiBoSo, June 07, 2014, 11:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alby46

just one question: have you tried the logitech f310?
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Alby46 on June 08, 2014, 09:48:41 AM
just one question: have you tried the logitech f310?
I haven't, but another  user on the previous forum posted a very detailed comparison in which the F310 was on par with the xbox 360 (IIRC, slightly better sticks, slightly worse triggers).

MaX.

Klax75

Piboso,

I'm curious would it be possible in a GP Bikes using a X-Box One controller to have the Impulse triggers vibrate when your riders knee hits the ground? The vibration could get more extremely until you actual fall of the bike. Would be very helpful when leaning DST. :D

HornetMaX

Hi Klax, that was my question 3 (actually I was more general, maybe the impulse thing could be used for something else too).

MaX.

Hawk

That would be a great idea Klax! It would certainly add to the kind of badly needed bike feedback we need to race well in fully manual DST helmet view. But not just for the XBox One controller, but all controllers capable of FFB(this abbreviation larky is catching. Lol) and vibration handling.  :) ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 08, 2014, 01:26:24 PM
That would be a great idea Klax! It would certainly add to the kind of badly needed bike feedback we need to race well in fully manual DST helmet view. But not just for the XBox One controller, but all controllers capable of FFB(this abbreviation larky is catching. Lol) and vibration handling.  :) ;)
You actually mean all controllers capable of rumbling right ? (FFB is something else).

MAx.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 08, 2014, 01:35:25 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 08, 2014, 01:26:24 PM
You actually mean all controllers capable of rumbling right ? (FFB is something else).

MAx.

Your right again Max.  ;)
FFB would be great, but as far as I know there is no FFB on controller pads, just rumble as you say.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Just received the xbox one controller. Very first impressions:

• Joysticks are much better. Centering is still not perfect (but much better than before).
  • Triggers and shoulder buttons are different, not sure if better or worse but I think after some practice they are as good as.
  • Joystick have almost square output: not 100% square, but almost (much better than before). To me that alone is worth the price.
One annoying thing: the sticks heads are smaller than the ones of the xbox 360. Not a big deal, but I can't fix the Speed freek Apex (http://www.kontrolfreek.com/sports/speed-freek-apex.html) I had on the 360 pad. Well, I'll find a ghetto way to fix them on anyway.

You'll have to buy/have an USB cable (USB to micro-USB) as the pad comes without.

MaX.

Klax75

June 19, 2014, 11:45:12 PM #38 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:46:57 AM by Klax75
Just got the XBox One controller. Hmm not really digging it. My main complaint is the shoulder buttons aren't a button all the way across, the button only presses at the out edge. For me when playing it makes it a little awkward. Since my pointer finger lays across the button and presses with the tip of my finger.

The triggers free a lot looser then my 360 controller I got in 2006.

Joy sticks feel Ok, smooth. At the same time doesn't feel like it's giving me much resistance when using them. I've had Electric control stick on a old wheelchair like this when I was a kid. When it would get really cold the resistance would totally be gone, making the chair harder to drive until the stick warmed up. That is what it reminds me of.

Oh well, guess I stick with my old controller. The shoulder buttons not being a able to press at any point is really a draw back for me. :(

I don't use drivers Piboso made for my 360. I use XBCD since I also race iracing.com, live for speed, and a couple other driving sims. XBCD I was able to get rumble in GP Bikes, WRS, KRP it seems the rumble kicks in when turning, the more the turn the more the rumble. Or when I do a wheelie, and the front tire slams back down I feel a rumble.

GP Bikes in game settings does effect it since I can make it stronger and shut it off totally with in GP Bikes.

Side Note I can still use DST without rumble on at all, if anyone was wondering.

BOBR6 84

June 20, 2014, 12:20:55 AM #39 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 12:26:56 AM by BOBR6 84
Hi klax

So what you are saying is that the xbox one controller is made for girls.. ?? :)

I was really hoping these new controllers would have stiffer triggers and sticks! Something to push against!

On the 360 pad when keeping a constant throttle at say half way I feel my finger craving some risistance.. (if that makes any sense) its not too bad but the thought of it being any lighter makes me cringe lol

Il stick with the trusty old 360 pad.. :)

Ps. Does XBCD work for rfactor 2 with the pad?

I want to play rfactor and iracing but im not intrested in buying a wheel.. The only car sim iv played so far pad friendly is assetto corsa.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on June 19, 2014, 11:45:12 PM
I don't use drivers Piboso made for my 360. I use XBCD since I also race iracing.com, live for speed, and a couple other driving sims. XBCD I was about to get rumble in GP Bikes, WRS, KRP it seems the rumble kicks in when turning, the more the turn the more the rumble. Or when I do a wheelie, and the front tire slams back down I feel a rumble.
Using XBCD, the FFB signal of GPB (i.e. the torque applied to the handlebar, minus the rider generated one) is what is translated by XBCD into a rumble signal.
How exactly XBCD does this is something I don't know and most likely you don't want to know as translating a torque in to a vibration may make little sense.

Just curious, does the rumble help you ? Do you lap faster, more consistently or more easily with rumble than without ?

MaX.

JamoZ

June 20, 2014, 12:54:16 AM #41 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:37:05 AM by JamoZ
Ok, hand over the rumble stuff right now or i might end up killing you both...

Klax75

June 20, 2014, 01:37:50 AM #42 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 02:02:26 AM by Klax75
This for XBox 360 Controller

Hope this helps. It rumbles when you turn, the more the turn the more the rumble it seems. If you fall of the bike the rumble stops immediately.

I also have the file for the controls I set up, I had to do this in 2006 for Life for Speed, and iRacing.com to get the controller to work. Also to have separate throttle and brake. And it works fine with all Piboso's games. And some other driving sim's. I also have a read me.

See if it works for you guys, I can also try to find my iRacing.com thread page were I explained how I got it to work.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!cc5nDZYI!DCiOGja68HBzbACgBDyeAg

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 20, 2014, 12:27:43 AM
Quote from: Klax75 on June 19, 2014, 11:45:12 PM
I don't use drivers Piboso made for my 360. I use XBCD since I also race iracing.com, live for speed, and a couple other driving sims. XBCD I was about to get rumble in GP Bikes, WRS, KRP it seems the rumble kicks in when turning, the more the turn the more the rumble. Or when I do a wheelie, and the front tire slams back down I feel a rumble.
Using XBCD, the FFB signal of GPB (i.e. the torque applied to the handlebar, minus the rider generated one) is what is translated by XBCD into a rumble signal.
How exactly XBCD does this is something I don't know and most likely you don't want to know as translating a torque in to a vibration may make little sense.

Just curious, does the rumble help you ? Do you lap faster, more consistently or more easily with rumble than without ?

MaX.

To be honest since I start GP Bikes last year I always had rumble, so I was surprised when in a PM you told me normally you don't. So I've never played to much when it wasn't rumbling.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on June 20, 2014, 01:37:50 AM
To be honest since I start GP Bikes last year I always had rumble, so I was surprised when in a PM you told me normally you don't. So I've never played to much when it wasn't rumbling.
OK, so take your favourite track and bike combo and do a few laps without rumble (you can probably just zero-out the FFB in GPB, that should do it).

I would be surprised if you were any slower or if the bike was harder to ride.

Still one can like to have the rumble thing, no problem with that of course.

MaX.

Klax75

June 20, 2014, 01:50:24 PM #44 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:53:21 PM by Klax75
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 20, 2014, 08:46:24 AM
Quote from: Klax75 on June 20, 2014, 01:37:50 AM
OK, so take your favourite track and bike combo and do a few laps without rumble (you can probably just zero-out the FFB in GPB, that should do it).

I would be surprised if you were any slower or if the bike was harder to ride.

Still one can like to have the rumble thing, no problem with that of course.

MaX.

Hitting the check box in-game for force feed back will shut it off also. I can play with or without it. It's always been more of a visual or audio thing for me when racing. But it had always been rumbling for me so I didn't realize it wasn't for others. It's not making me any faster or slower. :)