• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta5b

Started by PiBoSo, June 23, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 23, 2014, 03:57:07 PM
PiBoSo, would you be kind enough to explain what your intention was in terms of the physics modification with regard to beta5?

Was there a particular aspect or aspects of bike behaviour that you were wishing to address?

I hope you don't mind me asking. I am just rather curious.

Thank you in advance, grT  :)

The plan for Beta5 was to improve three aspects:
- simulation of the forces on the chain, instead of a "virtual" torque acting on the rear wheel
- improvements of gearbox simulation
- improvements of tyre simulation, specifically the calculation of loaded and effective rolling radius
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

rc211v

Is it me or is downshifting a lot slower/harder? I find myself wondering why I'm still at 4th gear on a slow corner despite spamming the button lol.
Wheelies are also crazy!

guigui404

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 23, 2014, 05:39:44 PM
PiBoSo, would you be kind enough to explain what your intention was in terms of the physics modification with regard to beta5?

Was there a particular aspect or aspects of bike behaviour that you were wishing to address?

- simulation of the forces on the chain, instead of a "virtual" torque acting on the rear wheel
- improvements of tyre simulation, specifically the calculation of loaded and effective rolling radius

I say really for me beta5 was not very good at all , but you correct all in beta5b so fast very good that new version is very nice
and we can now have better battle online :p
thanks for your Work PiBoso :)

Klax75

I had to do a clean install and make new profiles. Even after Beta 5b, I was still not able to change bikes. So for everything seems good.

Just for me I am having the same problem with helmet view. I know most don't ride in helmet view, but for me that is the only view I ever use.

In helmet view, even when pushing forward all the way for manual rider. He is well above the wind screen, which is very distracting. Since all the gauges aren't in your natural line of sight. In 3rd person his head is in the correct position it has always been. Behind the wind screen, it's just in helmet view.

Previous Betas

Beta 5b

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 23, 2014, 05:39:44 PM

1. tick
2.tick
3.tick

i think so anyway.. :)

video's to follow..

Daniel_F

still the same cons... bike front end and wheelies

Toomes1

Wow, very exciting ride now Piboso it's fantastic how the bike seems to track well aspecially in and on exit of turns, the wobbles for me a part and parcel of this beast just means more precise throttle work.
Hey, what more can I say? Very thrilling experience now for me thanks ever so much Piboso.

Daniel_F

i rly dont get this people i dont understand how can u say the bike feels amazing tbh...

got 4 times in a row core .exe but seems like everyone in online got it since the server is now empty

r1rossi

Hey guys/girls

I just want to ask, you did the correct bikes and update them to use? what is this profile thing everyones saying?
All information would really help !! I absolutly love this game
in the beta 4 i had rider , tracks and bikes folders. ( do I have to copy them over or customize the files first)

I have this in my folder ;
gp bikes (folder)
core
core (notes with a gear)
mod (notes with a gear)

Then inside the gpbikes folder
docs(folder)
plugins(folder)
bikes.pkz
effects.pkz
gpbikes.dll ( dont know what this is )
gp bikes ( application or launch game or picture)
gpbikes(notes with a gear)
misc.pkz
rider.pkz
tracks.pkz
ui.pkz ( dont know what this is )

guigui404

the profil is in document/piboso R1rossi !

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Daniel_F on June 23, 2014, 06:52:25 PM
i rly dont get this people i dont understand how can u say the bike feels amazing tbh...

I have to agree. I am testing beta 5b back to back against beta 4 and for me there is no question to be brutally honest. Beta 4 wins hands down..

I have an open mind on all this but beta 4 is beautiful to ride. Intuitive and balanced. Beta 5b feels pretty awful by comparison. For me anyway..

For me beta 4 with a tiny bit more ability to slide the rear would be close to perfection.  I just do not get beta 5b if I am honest. No disrespect to PiBoSo or his team but I'm personally a bit mystified by this.

Just my honest opinion.

grT  :)

P.S. I cannot help but wonder if those who like beta 5b are members of the direct lean off club..because of the bikes ability to turn in more easily?

Vini

If the front wheel was as stable as in beta4b, the handling would be perfect.

r1rossi

Thank you girl,

Found that folder now.

Was anyone else able to figure out the mod bikes or is it in there I go to fix or update

Abigor

Quote from: Daniel_F on June 23, 2014, 06:21:23 PM
still the same cons... bike front end and wheelies
Yes Daniel.......i think that we are the only two who see this problem......i take my self to the head when i read what people think on this beta........i love this game and i really try all day to test this new beta but all i do is fall on slow corners.......i mean "how can front wheel jump like that" on slow corner?.......HOW?..........YES the braking is great and sliding is great but that front wheel is just killing this game for me.

HornetMaX

Geez .... let me say it once again (this must be the kittenzillion time it has been said but then ...):

FOR MOD BIKES YOU (ALL) NEED TO KINDLY WAIT FOR MODDERS TO UPDATE THEM

(I did make a hell of an effort trying to be as polite as possible, hope everybody notices that).

MaX.