• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta5b

Started by PiBoSo, June 23, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2014, 07:26:06 PM
Geez .... let me say it once again (this must be the kittenzillion time it has been said but then ...):

FOR MOD BIKES YOU (ALL) NEED TO KINDLY WAIT FOR MODDERS TO UPDATE THEM

(I did make a hell of an effort trying to be as polite as possible, hope everybody notices that).

MaX.

lol

iceRasta

I have no core.exe anymore :(

BOBR6 84

rubbish lap but pay attention to what the bike is doing.. Realistic!! imo  ::)  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKH4k5QY5B8

feel free to embed it..

PeterV

June 23, 2014, 07:44:49 PM #48 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:48:25 PM by PeterV
Quote from: Klax75 on June 23, 2014, 07:30:34 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2014, 07:26:06 PM
Geez .... let me say it once again (this must be the kittenzillion time it has been said but then ...):

FOR MOD BIKES YOU (ALL) NEED TO KINDLY WAIT FOR MODDERS TO UPDATE THEM

(I did make a hell of an effort trying to be as polite as possible, hope everybody notices that).

MaX.
lol

Gazillion man to the rescue ;D

Well said Max, just wait for the modders...if you cant wait thinker with some files...it wont blow up the game.

Warlock

Ok back to topic.

Do you beta5b lovers ride onboard ?

Jose Reina

This beta 5b...
- much vibration in the handlebars, which I see too exaggerated
- is more abrupt braking was smoother before, and if you brake down revolutions strong 0
- It gave me an error core.exe (clean installation in D)
- And too rises from front wheel ... They could see a video of MotoGP at Philip Island to see if the hump final goal, release the throttle so that they are not lift the bike

Stout Johnson

June 23, 2014, 08:58:03 PM #51 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:04:23 PM by Stout Johnson
My thoughts so far:

@Piboso:
I did about 50 laps and I have to say: great improvement from what was already considered a "perfect" physics in beta4

My quick thoughts:
+engine brake simulation feels great
+braking in general feels much better, feels somehow like I am getting feedback on how hard I am braking
+braking while leaning is MUCH improved, you cannot brake with full power and lean into corner like in beta4; much more realistic as you can now fall if braking too hard into corner, feels much like it was in beta2 (which I think had a great braking simulation)
+the leaning feels MUCH improved

little con:
- front wheel problem still is a bit there; but like Alibaskins said - it can be taken care of in next release
- when braking (or when coming down from wheelie) the fork and the whole bike should move a bit more - feels a bit too static imo

I will give a more detailed oppinion soon.

Quote from: girlracerTracey on June 23, 2014, 07:09:57 PM
Quote from: Daniel_F on June 23, 2014, 06:52:25 PM
i rly dont get this people i dont understand how can u say the bike feels amazing tbh...

I have to agree. I am testing beta 5b back to back against beta 4 and for me there is no question to be brutally honest. Beta 4 wins hands down..

I have an open mind on all this but beta 4 is beautiful to ride. Intuitive and balanced. Beta 5b feels pretty awful by comparison. For me anyway..

For me beta 4 with a tiny bit more ability to slide the rear would be close to perfection.  I just do not get beta 5b if I am honest. No disrespect to PiBoSo or his team but I'm personally a bit mystified by this.

Just my honest opinion.

grT  :)

P.S. I cannot help but wonder if those who like beta 5b are members of the direct lean off club..because of the bikes ability to turn in more easily?

Tracey, I have followed your posts very much since you came here and your oppinions have always been balanced and well spoken, I respect your oppinion very much. So I am somewhat susprised to read that you dont like the new beta5b.

So, just some quick reactions from me:
1) Your review "beta4 wins hands-down" and "Beta 5b feels pretty awful by comparison. For me anyway.." doesn't give much real feedback and sounds more like a gut feeling than an actual substantiated oppinion.
2) Did you do a large number of laps? You might judge otherwise if you get a feeling for how the new beta physics behave... In beta4 release the reactions were much worse than now (which I would estimate to about 80% is approval for beta5b) - so, dont judge too fast ;)
3) On directer leaners club: good point, but no. Actually, I don't like direct lean at all and I always was advocating that the bike imo turned fast enough in beta4. But in beta5 turning just feels more natural, not speaking of the speed of leaning, but for me beta4 somehow always felt like the turning was very delicate.. now it feels like I can hit every lean angle like I want perfectly, whereas in beta4 I had to correct it more often.
4) Do you ride a bike irl? Do not get me wrong please, but I think especially the way the engine braking of a motorcycle feels irl, can only be appreciated if you have experienced it. And maybe your dislike originates from there?

Just some thoughts.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Warlock on June 23, 2014, 08:52:02 PM
Ok back to topic.

Do you beta5b lovers ride onboard ?

yes sir! :)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Klax75

Ian

P.S. I cannot help but wonder if those who like beta 5b are members of the direct lean off club..because of the bikes ability to turn in more easily?
Why not give your Xbox 360 another go  you may like it now

BOBR6 84

is Xinput compatable with beta5b?

HornetMaX

Ian

Its not working for me,it was ok in beta5

Ian

Sorted it re-calibrate after you add the plugin

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Stout Johnson on June 23, 2014, 08:58:03 PM
My thoughts so far:

@Piboso:
I did about 50 laps and I have to say: great improvement from what was already considered a "perfect" physics in beta4

My quick thoughts:
+engine brake simulation feels great
+braking in general feels much better, feels somehow like I am getting feedback on how hard I am braking
+braking while leaning is MUCH improved, you cannot brake with full power and lean into corner like in beta4; much more realistic as you can now fall if braking too hard into corner, feels much like it was in beta2 (which I think had a great braking simulation)
+the leaning feels MUCH improved

little con:
- front wheel problem still is a bit there; but like Alibaskins said - it can be taken care of in next release
- when braking (or when coming down from wheelie) the fork and the whole bike should move a bit more - feels a bit too static imo

I will give a more detailed oppinion soon.

Quote from: Daniel_F on June 23, 2014, 06:52:25 PM
i rly dont get this people i dont understand how can u say the bike feels amazing tbh...

I have to agree. I am testing beta 5b back to back against beta 4 and for me there is no question to be brutally honest. Beta 4 wins hands down..

I have an open mind on all this but beta 4 is beautiful to ride. Intuitive and balanced. Beta 5b feels pretty awful by comparison. For me anyway..

For me beta 4 with a tiny bit more ability to slide the rear would be close to perfection.  I just do not get beta 5b if I am honest. No disrespect to PiBoSo or his team but I'm personally a bit mystified by this.

Just my honest opinion.

Tracey, I have followed your posts very much since you came here and your oppinions have always been balanced and well spoken, I respect your oppinion very much. So I am somewhat susprised to read that you dont like the new beta5b.

So, just some quick reactions from me:
1) Your review "beta4 wins hands-down" and "Beta 5b feels pretty awful by comparison. For me anyway.." doesn't give much real feedback and sounds more like a gut feeling than an actual substantiated oppinion.
2) Did you do a large number of laps? You might judge otherwise if you get a feeling for how the new beta physics behave... In beta4 release the reactions were much worse than now (which I would estimate to about 80% is approval for beta5b) - so, dont judge too fast ;)
3) On directer leaners club: good point, but no. Actually, I don't like direct lean at all and I always was advocating that the bike imo turned fast enough in beta4. But in beta5 turning just feels more natural, not speaking of the speed of leaning, but for me beta4 somehow always felt like the turning was very delicate.. now it feels like I can hit every lean angle like I want perfectly, whereas in beta4 I had to correct it more often.
4) Do you ride a bike irl? Do not get me wrong please, but I think especially the way the engine braking of a motorcycle feels irl, can only be appreciated if you have experienced it. And maybe your dislike originates from there?

Just some thoughts.

Well I didn't mean to be too outspoken. Sorry if it sounded that way. Yes I do ride in real life and I have raced in real life. Although in the latter respect only as a novice.

For me it doesn't feel right exiting bends on the power. The power induced "weave" is there in beta 4 but is much less pronounced and feels much more realistic to me. It beta 5b it feels almost artificially induced to me. In real life motorcycles on the power exiting bends for me at least feel more like the behaviour I have experienced with beta 4. The behaviour in beta 4 feels more consistent with the power you are feeding to the rear wheel.

This is the aspect that I have the main problem with. The wheelies also, particularly in the higher gears on the varese 500, feel unrealistic. The bike is wheelying far too easily and the front end is snapping up quite viciously. A 500 would have to have a very peaky power-band to do that and I think more power than they actually had in real life.

The bike, the varese in my case, turns in more easily but this effect is muffled and spoilt for me at low speed by the uncertainty and lack of security in the front end.

For me it is very difficult to properly test beta 5 because of these aspects.

If it was possible to solve the low speed front end woes, the throttle induced weaves and the wheelies I think then perhaps I would be able to start to see the wood from the trees. At the moment the physics seem to be mimicking a real life motorcycle that has quite serious issues and needs urgent attention in the pits. As I say by comparison for me, as a newbie, the beta 4 physics are a pleasure to "ride".

Just my honest opinion. I think with this sort of thing it is sensible to be honest.

I would just like to add that I think gpbikes is brilliant. It truly is. But beta 5, if I am to be honest, just doesn't feel right. It needs more work in my honest opinion.