• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:14:33 PM

HONDA NSF250 [WIP]

Started by guigui404, June 30, 2014, 11:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abigor

Quote from: GhostdogNL on August 22, 2014, 12:35:15 AM
Quote from: guigui404 on August 20, 2014, 03:58:01 PM
Quote from: GhostdogNL on August 20, 2014, 12:55:30 PM
yah man you have to talk to rodney man ...he has to come back
I'm lucid i know if he comes back it will happened again .. some people of this forum have to be nicest on their behavior !

but i'll try to convince him ;)

Jep i know ..everytime i read things that other people quote to him ..it just seems the are some kind of jealous becouse of his great work in a short amount of time and most people love that ..becouse the dont have to wait for six months on a bike or even longer ..and oke ..sometimes the pyshics are slightley of .. but so wat ..hes adjusting them over time to fix it !! i am a biker myself for 10 years now and i dont drive cars ..dont even have a car license .. and i love this game becouse its the best bike game there is ..or sim i have to call it . and stil i find his bikes realy close to the real thing to drive with . sow please just grap his balls and pull him back over here  ::) :P ;D
+1

guigui404

i'm not jesus , i can't make miracle :'(

Warlock

Jep i know ..everytime i read things that other people quote to him ..it just seems the are some kind of jealous becouse of his great work in a short amount of time and most people love that
Man, sorry to say , but this is just silly. I am a 43 years old man, not a teenager to think that way.
His 3d models were great and fast indeed,  but i was against fake data physics. Eyeballing data and testing to make it happen, is a ver subjective matter, and you could see it. In 3 days, 3 different physics versions because people testing it got a different opinion and he almost ended saying, ok this is it , i can't make everyone happy. It would be an endless situation for sure , since we all have our own opinion and feeling.
With real data, modders have a standard to work with, if the bike doesn't behave correctly, then physics engine has to improve and that's a Piboso's work.

He said he "fixed" front wrong behaviour of bikes, as he was better doing his work than Piboso itself, who btw has made the best sim ever.
What he did is a workaround with fake data, wich imo is not a good practice when you working on a simulator.

And the worst is how he managed criticism, in a very bad way ending with insulting etc. If Piboso would manage it the same, GPB would ended in Alpha1 version.

I dont want to reopen the discussion but i cant admit somebody saying its a "jealous " thing.
Moderators , feel free to delete this post if things goes bad again. Hope not.

..becouse the dont have to wait for six months on a bike or even longer
Great jobs takes time, even importing a bike from other games do take time to do it well, ask Juju.

guigui404

Great jobs takes time, even importing a bike from other games do take time to do it well, ask Juju.
[/quote]

You mean that take 6 month on bike thats not normal ?
I hope for you i wrong understand

Warlock

Dont really understand the question Guigui, but modders do this for free in his free time, they do have a normal job and family. 6 months or 1 year, it doesn't matter. We just wait or do it ourselves.

skerp

Quote from: Warlock on August 22, 2014, 12:40:25 PM
Jep i know ..everytime i read things that other people quote to him ..it just seems the are some kind of jealous becouse of his great work in a short amount of time and most people love that
Man, sorry to say , but this is just silly. I am a 43 years old man, not a teenager to think that way.
His 3d models were great and fast indeed,  but i was against fake data physics. Eyeballing data and testing to make it happen, is a ver subjective matter, and you could see it. In 3 days, 3 different physics versions because people testing it got a different opinion and he almost ended saying, ok this is it , i can't make everyone happy. It would be an endless situation for sure , since we all have our own opinion and feeling.
With real data, modders have a standard to work with, if the bike doesn't behave correctly, then physics engine has to improve and that's a Piboso's work.

He said he "fixed" front wrong behaviour of bikes, as he was better doing his work than Piboso itself, who btw has made the best sim ever.
What he did is a workaround with fake data, wich imo is not a good practice when you working on a simulator.

And the worst is how he managed criticism, in a very bad way ending with insulting etc. If Piboso would manage it the same, GPB would ended in Alpha1 version.

I dont want to reopen the discussion but i cant admit somebody saying its a "jealous " thing.
Moderators , feel free to delete this post if things goes bad again. Hope not.

Quote + 1000000000000 ;)

guigui404

Quote from: Warlock on August 22, 2014, 01:34:55 PM
Dont really understand the question Guigui, but modders do this for free in his free time, they do have a normal job and family. 6 months or 1 year, it doesn't matter. We just wait or do it ourselves.
u wrong understand me , i've maybe wrong understand ghost too , i've think he said that wait 6 month to have a bike is not normal , so i've think like u , job and family they don't have all time for modeling !

skerp

Quote from: Warlock on August 22, 2014, 01:34:55 PM
+100000000000 ;)

Hawk

August 22, 2014, 03:41:11 PM #38 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:47:47 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: guigui404 on August 22, 2014, 01:21:58 PM

Rodney freely admitted that he had the time to work on his bikes, 8 hours straight at times..... Most modders here don't have that kind of time to devote purely to modelling for GPB, we have jobs to do, families and kids to keep, so we can only devote maybe 1 or 2 hours now and again; This is why for most modders here it does quite rightly take a very long time to complete a bike or track MOD.

Hope now you understand?  :)

Hawk.

guigui404

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 22, 2014, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: guigui404 on August 22, 2014, 01:21:58 PM

Rodney freely admitted that he had the time to work on his bikes, 8 hours straight at times..... Most modders here don't have that kind of time to devote purely to modelling for GPB, we have jobs to do, families and kids to keep, so we can only devote maybe 1 or 2 hours now and again; This is why for most modders here it does quite rightly take a very long time to complete a bike or track MOD.

Hope now you understand?  :)

Hawk.
Ok , so last time i SAY YOU ALL WRONG UNDERSTAND MY SENTENCE !!!!  "You mean that take 6 month on bike thats not normal ?" i've understand that for him wait 6 month to have a bike it's way too long , so i've answer that 6 month it's normal time too finish a bike OK NOW ?!?!?

girlracerTracey

August 22, 2014, 05:41:23 PM #40 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:09:27 PM by girlracerTracey

I take it you are referring to the Super-motard physics in the comments above? This was a rather exceptional case I would suggest. As I have commented before I suspect that the in-game behaviour that Rodney was attempting to simulate, that of a Super-motard racer, would have been extremely difficult if not impossible to achieve using authentic data. Which is why Rodney used "experimental" data. "Fake" is perhaps for this reason too strong a word to use under the circumstances. As for testing..I think Rodney's mistake here was not to do this completely in private with the selected testers concerned. I feel he should have publicised his beta "super-motard" physics model openly only when he himself was happy with it.

The super-motard mini project on the part of Rodney was meant in good will and I suspect was intended for people's enjoyment and fun in between the on-track testing and racing of the pure racing bikes that are simulated in gpbikes. Any harm in that? Not that I can personally see. It was produced and I think designed as a bit of light relief for us all.. It's a great shame I feel it didn't end that way.

I'm sure Rodney and others would agree with that. However, the beta 5b physics model has serious flaws. Hence Rodney's decision to use a "temporary" workaround in the physics models that he published. 

Well to be fair he did fix the flaw in the underlying beta 5b physics model in his published KTM RC8R physics using his experimental workaround didn't he? So whatever your opinion of his work might be his work-around worked. Very effectively in fact. To my knowledge he never suggested that he was better at doing his work than PiBoSo was at doing his. I don't recall reading anything of the sort in any of Rodney's postings on this forum. He never said or suggested any such thing. Not to my knowledge anyway. In the context of the KTM RC8R racer mod, which imo is an excellent addition to gpbikes, I do agree that he should have imputed more accurate real world data. However, his experimentation with the rear tyre grip  characteristics on this bike was in many people's opinions both innovative, very interesting and successful. Again this aspect represented an experiment in the context of the underlying physics model. As an experiment, which is what it was, I think it was highly successful. I think quite a number of people who have properly sampled the physics model on the RC8R Racer would tend to agree with me in that. It provided the ability to rear wheel steer a motorcycle in gpbikes in an arguably realistic manner using the engine's power. Quite an innovation in gpbikes many might politely suggest..

The worst? I personally prefer the phrase "the least favourable".

I would agree insofar as I think Rodney should perhaps have listened more intently to the constructive criticism that was genuinely offered to him whilst perhaps ignoring a small number of detractors who seemingly had nothing of a constructive nature to add to the "conversation" that was taking place.

I dont want to reopen the discussion but i cant admit somebody saying its a "jealous " thing. Moderators , feel free to delete this post if things goes bad again. Hope not.

I also do not wish to reopen this discussion but I feel the other side of this saga/debate should at least be represented in Rodney's absence. I think under the circumstances that is only fair as I'm sure you would agree?

Personally I feel it is a great shame that Rodney has left the gpbikes community. Others may have a different opinion as is their prerogative. One thing I think that no one can criticise Rodney for however, as illustrated by him during his short time here, was his enthusiasm, dedication to his modding projects and his energy.

guigui404

ok stop changing subject please , or i'll ask moderator to clear ..

girlracerTracey

August 22, 2014, 05:50:58 PM #42 Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:02:24 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: guigui404 on August 22, 2014, 05:42:34 PM

Apologies but I am replying to specific points raised in an earlier post by another poster in this thread. I think it is only fair that a response is made to the earlier post. This post is not meant to be inflammatory or controversial. It is merely a polite response to an earlier posting. That is all. A posting that you yourself replied to guigui if I am not mistaken.

JamoZ

Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 22, 2014, 05:50:58 PM

Apologies but I am replying to specific points raised in an earlier post by another poster in this thread. I think it is only fair that a response is made to the earlier post. This post is not meant to be inflammatory or controversial. It is merely a polite response to an earlier posting. That is all. A posting that you yourself replied to guigui if I am not mistaken.

Good you`re back from holiday. When are we getting married?  ::)

guigui404

Quote from: JamoZ on August 22, 2014, 07:27:04 PM
Quote from: girlracerTracey on August 22, 2014, 05:50:58 PM

Good you`re back from holiday. When are we getting married?  ::)

2 second , i've too change the topic for " general discussion " now  ;D