• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:20:31 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Skeet skeet Brno 1000cc race

Started by Stout Johnson, August 12, 2014, 08:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: janaucarre on August 14, 2014, 08:32:30 AM
thx hawk.
I don't know who made this track.
Thanks Janau.  ;)

"Godknows" is the track author, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to contact him, whether he was on another forum maybe?

Hawk.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 14, 2014, 08:25:39 AM
I'll Upload this NDS(No Dynamice Surface) version of Brno to the track downloads database to include Klax's zoom camera file also.  ;)

Great thanks!

Hi Guys.

Anyone know how to get in touch with the Brno track author "GodKnows"? I'd like to get a copy of the source files so that I could resurface the track at some stage.

Good thoughts Hawk. I thought the same yesterday. We have many nice tracks now. But from time to time some tweaks here and there might be necessary. Also the tests of PeterV have shown that in all likelihood race events that happen on tracks without dynamic surface are MUCH less likely to be bothered by core.exe errors. So, for those two reasons it would be a good thing to have for all tracks an active member that is somehow "in charge" and has the powers to alter tracks. When this is achieved, we could create no dynamic surface versions of all tracks and race events would be much easier / much more stable.
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Hawk

Quote from: Stout Johnson on August 14, 2014, 11:38:22 AM
I'll Upload this NDS(No Dynamice Surface) version of Brno to the track downloads database to include Klax's zoom camera file also.  ;)

Great thanks!

Hi Guys.

Anyone know how to get in touch with the Brno track author "GodKnows"? I'd like to get a copy of the source files so that I could resurface the track at some stage.

Good thoughts Hawk. I thought the same yesterday. We have many nice tracks now. But from time to time some tweaks here and there might be necessary. Also the tests of PeterV have shown that in all likelihood race events that happen on tracks without dynamic surface are MUCH less likely to be bothered by core.exe errors. So, for those two reasons it would be a good thing to have for all tracks an active member that is somehow "in charge" and has the powers to alter tracks. When this is achieved, we could create no dynamic surface versions of all tracks and race events would be much easier / much more stable.

+1 Well said mate!  ;)

I'll do what I can Stout, but I'd need all the source files for the tracks to do it, and I don't have the latest ones for most tracks.

It's not a hard job at all to do, just a big job for one person to have to go through all the tracks. So I'd hope the authors of the current version of tracks would help and create a Non-Dynamic Track Surface version and post a download link.

I'm sure we're going to be stuck with this core.exe problem for a while so I think it is worth doing as a temporary work-around to make GPB more stable online while Piboso works on a solution.  :)

Hawk.

PS: If any authors are seeing this post and thinking of providing a Non-Dynamic Track surface version of their tracks, can you please suffix the track name and files within the track folder, and within the config file with " _NDS " so both versions can reside in GPB and the Track database without confusion to downloaders. Thank you.  ;) :)

malve

GP Bikes Germany - www.gp-bikes.de

PeterV

there is a new version out.
Track renamed to Brno GP_NDS, and new zoom track cam made by Klax.

You can download it here until Stout updates the link.

>>> Brno GP_NDS <<<

Server is up again.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: PeterV on August 14, 2014, 07:45:11 PM
>>> Brno GP_NDS <<<

Server is up again.
Thanks for helping out again Peter! Had to work whole day and evening yesterday, so couldn't update before.
Big thanks to dibu also!!!

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 14, 2014, 01:04:49 PM
I'll do what I can Stout, but I'd need all the source files for the tracks to do it, and I don't have the latest ones for most tracks.

It's not a hard job at all to do, just a big job for one person to have to go through all the tracks. So I'd hope the authors of the current version of tracks would help and create a Non-Dynamic Track Surface version and post a download link.

I'm sure we're going to be stuck with this core.exe problem for a while so I think it is worth doing as a temporary work-around to make GPB more stable online while Piboso works on a solution.  :)

PS: If any authors are seeing this post and thinking of providing a Non-Dynamic Track surface version of their tracks, can you please suffix the track name and files within the track folder, and within the config file with " _NDS " so both versions can reside in GPB and the Track database without confusion to downloaders. Thank you.  ;) :)

This is exactly the way to go imo. If we are able to get NDS versions of all tracks then we should save versions of them and make them available. Until the core thing is fixed, this is prolly the way to go. Imo, core errors might actually become MUCH less once we would start to use NDS files ONLY. And if Piboso finds the cause of the bug, we could get back to using the nice feature of dynamic surface. But it needs to be stable first.

Your approach of renaming the track is also better for people getting online. Now they see in the server list that it is a totally different track version - so they won't get data mismatches when trying to connect with dynamic surface version.

Thnx for your help mate! I appreciate it.

Hawk

Hi Stout.

No Probs... Glad I could help out mate... I'll do all I can to get more NDS files created and uploaded. As you say, it's the way to go at the moment to get some online stability, I agree.  ;)

Hawk.

hezio

I want supprimed for this race please !

Thanks.

Stout Johnson

August 16, 2014, 06:14:09 AM #38 Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:16:29 AM by Stout Johnson
Quote from: hezio on August 15, 2014, 07:53:36 PM

Supprimed sounds dirrty.... not sure exactly what it means.

Edit: My french housemaid ChloƩ just finished "her job" under my desk. As she came up she told me that this obviously means you wanna pull out of the race. Is that the case?

PeterV

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 14, 2014, 08:43:42 AM
thx hawk.
Thanks Janau.  ;)

"Godknows" is the track author, I was just wondering if anyone knew how to contact him, whether he was on another forum maybe?

Hawk.

Im not totally sure "godknows" is one person, goto nogripracing and look for the track macau and read the comments Hawk.

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on August 16, 2014, 06:30:40 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 14, 2014, 08:43:42 AM
thx hawk.
Thanks Janau.  ;)

Hawk.
Im not totally sure "godknows" is one person, goto nogripracing and look for the track macau and read the comments Hawk.

Thnx for the info Peter.... I'll take a look.  ;)

Hawk

HornetMaX

Quote from: Stout Johnson on August 16, 2014, 06:14:09 AM
Quote from: hezio on August 15, 2014, 07:53:36 PM

Supprimed sounds dirrty.... not sure exactly what it means.

Edit: My french housemaid ChloƩ just finished "her job" under my desk. As she came up she told me that this obviously means you wanna pull out of the race. Is that the case?
Ahh those germans ... :)

Speaking the language of Moliere (and Depardieu), I think I can confirm: hezio wants to be eradicated from the race :)

MaX.

hezio

Yes thank you hornet max.

I prefere because more test in sight helmet I am very slow and I prefere not to make the race.
I don't want Annoying being for the others driver.

Thanks ;)

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 16, 2014, 08:50:22 AM
Ahh those germans ... :)

Speaking the language of Moliere (and Depardieu), I think I can confirm: hezio wants to be eradicated from the race :)

MaX.
Thnx for confirming :) don't know what you mean by "aah those germans ...." :P

Stout Johnson

@guigui: you also wanted to participate right?! I put you on list... maybe you can confirm please?