• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:33:14 PM

Scotland

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2014, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 19, 2014, 04:06:29 PM
@Max As far as I remember, and I am old enough to remember this, that the main reason the UK public wanted to joined the EU in 1973 was simply because of the benefits of the "Common Market"; that's what the campaign was promoted on and why the UK public voted to join, though this was probably another geo political lie from the Govnt.  ::)
If it was in 73, then you didn't vote for EU, but for what came before that (e.g. the EEC), which was indeed an almost purely economical agreement.
But the EU is something else, much broader.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on September 19, 2014, 04:06:29 PM
But it seems to me that the EU's intention is to eventually take total control of the EU and eventually govern all EU countries from the EU parliament in Brussels?
I have no problem with that, as far as the government in Brussels acts in the interest of the entire community (and is elected in a democratic manner, of course).
Of course it's not the case right now, most of the time because each individual state looks only at his own domestic interest (domestic in the sense of his own domestic economy,  people do not count, domestic or not).

MaX.