• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:39:59 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Oldschool Nightshift Misano 03 V0.7_NDS

Started by PeterV, November 12, 2014, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

November 28, 2014, 09:35:36 PM #60 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:40:54 PM by PeterV
Good race all, was fun.

Oldschool is now on a Winterbreak
So no races from Oldschool in December.

finpower

thanks for the good race drivers :)

cya next tjme ;)
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Hawk

Hard luck tony... that hole is a fatal one. :o ???

Congrats to kerazio for the win.  ;D
Real unlucky for Lorix for running out of fuel half lap on last lap... Tuff luck mate!  :(

I decided to take a risk with hard tyres and after about 7 laps it was like riding on ice for some strange reason? I heard that Nouviac had the same problem too.

My gear change also decided to play up badly during the race, changing up when I wanted to change down and vice versa? Is this a fault with my config or can GPB do this as a mechanical failure??
Any way I decided to limp to the end of the race, but god knows how many times I was lapped or fell on my arse during that race... I'll be interested to see the replay to see were everything started to go wrong for me in this one. Lol

Anyway it was great fun as usual and again Peter put on a great event as always, just sad to hear Peter is having a winter break from promoting race events... We'll miss you Peter, but you've been doing a fantastic job mate. Well done!!  ;)  ;D 8)

Hawk.

PS: Just seen your post above.... You starting again in Jan Peter?  ;D

PeterV

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 28, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

I thought most of you where doing the STK1000 championship?

Probably returning in Januari/Februari

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on November 28, 2014, 09:45:21 PM

+1  ;D

A WSS600 Champs would be good until someone gets a good physics file sorted for a 500 2-stroke. To run in between the STK1000 champ dates.  ;D

Hawk.

LoriX

Klax75

Sorry I missed the event guys. Yesterday was a holiday (Thanksgiving) here in the U.S. and I was up late with my siblings. Over slept and end up getting up until well after the event had already started. Then events here for us in the U.S. are in the Mid afternoon. 2:30-4 pm.

Hope it went well!

BOBR6 84

Glad it went well guys! i had some strange tyre issues! hard tyre had 0 grip lol!!!  :o anyway i crashed alot.... lol. in the end it froze when i was sliding down the track on my backside lol  ;D ;D

i enjoyed practice/qually though.. really good stuff nice one guys!  ;) 8)

hezio

Quote from: PeterV on November 28, 2014, 09:45:21 PM

Yes, Peter V it's very good and very interesting this championship but it's the Wenesday and for many guys it's difficult in week with job.
But if you want a champioship 500cc or 600cc for me it's very good but the Friday or Sunday nigth when all guys are at home  ;)

I am very enjoy to seen many race and many championship start now.

And we have a good players with a good respect of the rules (fair play) and good ambience.

hezio

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 29, 2014, 08:50:17 AM
Glad it went well guys! i had some strange tyre issues! hard tyre had 0 grip lol!!!  :o anyway i crashed alot.... lol. in the end it froze when i was sliding down the track on my backside lol  ;D ;D

i enjoyed practice/qually though.. really good stuff nice one guys!  ;) 8)

Yes,

I have the same problem with my tire.
I have take the tire hard front and rear and it's a big error for my race.
I don't have a good sensation with my bike after 8 or 9 laps.
It's very long and very "hard" lol
My time was 1,34 1,35 but with big difficulty.

Yesterday after the race I have test again my setup and with medium it's very better my time 1,33,5 at 1,34 with very good regularity.
I have loose the race with this choice tyre.

Kerazo for the next I would be right behind you  ;)

nuovaic

This was a more interesting race than I first thought. With no setup and no practice, late home from work, I thought 'this is gonna suck' especially as I opted for what I thought was safe tyres (hard) :o

Turned out to be really enjoyable! Many thanks Peter, all your hard work over the past year is much appreciated.

Hawk

Just done a test on using hard tyres to try and define what the problem was for me and others who used hard tyres in the race last night:

The conclusion that I've come to from my test is that the susp/tyre pressures used for the med tyres needs to be totally different for when using hard tyres. Because again I did the 8 laps with same fuel load and suspension settings I set for use with the med tyres but using the hard tyres I used in the race. Again the tyres started to feel like they had hardly any grip at all. I suspected the tyre temps were either not getting to operating temps or possibly getting too hot, but no, tyres temps were okay, so I can only deduce that it is the suspension settings that need to be altered for use with hard tyres? But then again, why would the hard tyres grip reasonably okay for the first 7-8 laps and then suddenly start to go over the cliff(so to speak)?

Now I'm wondering if the hard tyres have a bug in there grip/operating temp levels on the YZFR6?

Hawk.

hezio

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 29, 2014, 05:03:33 PM
Just done a test on using hard tyres to try and define what the problem was for me and others who used hard tyres in the race last night:

The conclusion that I've come to from my test is that the susp/tyre pressures used for the med tyres needs to be totally different for when using hard tyres. Because again I did the 8 laps with same fuel load and suspension settings I set for use with the med tyres but using the hard tyres I used in the race. Again the tyres started to feel like they had hardly any grip at all. I suspected the tyre temps were either not getting to operating temps or possibly getting too hot, but no, tyres temps were okay, so I can only deduce that it is the suspension settings that need to be altered for use with hard tyres? But then again, why would the hard tyres grip reasonably okay for the first 7-8 laps and then suddenly start to go over the cliff(so to speak)?

Now I'm wondering if the hard tyres have a bug in there grip/operating temp levels on the YZFR6?

Hawk.

It's the same with the ZX6R !

Kerazo

no problems with the hard tire for me, for sure it has lower grip than the medium but its not like on ice ::) only 3 laps before the end i felt the front didnt grip under hard breaking whilste riding my arse off to escape lorix lol