• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:27:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[W.I.P?] ZXR 250

Started by Eagle, December 06, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle

February 04, 2015, 01:17:42 PM #75 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:08:51 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
>Hawk

Yea, i already took a look at the wiki (to understand a bit better the scl files). But most of the things i want to know aren't written there.

For the 500 2s physics, since i have never ridden a motorcycle (i just have a "2 cylinders" bicycle :p), it'll be a little hard to precisely set physics. I don't even know the differences in physics between a 4s and a 2s except that the last one makes more wheelies. xD

Edit: In fact, what would be cool, is to know how to modelise a motorcycle. In parts or completed ? What to and to not modelise ? This kind of infos. A tutorial for making a bike from A to Z would be awesome, i haven't found one on the internet and one coming from here would be more complete.

Eagle

Well well well... It's been a while I didn't post here. I'm not even sure if anyone was following this closely (lord! 11k views? Guess google did a bad job with search queries for this bike). Either way, as I probably mentioned, I'm quite stubborn with my begun projects, so, yes, finishing this is still in my plans. I'm still powerless when it comes to modeling, but I keep hope and try hard on attempts. Those attachments is the furthest I got lately. It's so hard to model something off a low quality side view and videos, mainly for a beginner. But yeah, I'm used to this kind of challenges. :P
Another reason for this post is to ask about modding resources such as documentations, tools or links leading to either of them. That would be of a great help. I remember the wiki page lacking a lot of information and being abandoned, so I don't think it's a reliable source of information. As for the tools, I noticed few pinned threads scattered through the forum hierarchy, so I might be missing some things. Thanks for reading!

Urban Chaos 2.0

Nice. How far are you with the 3D model?

Eagle

March 28, 2017, 05:19:47 AM #78 Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:16:54 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
I've been pretty busy with school and internships these last months, so I didn't yet resume it. The progress is the same as the last above screen.

Edit: not sure it ever made it to the forums, so here is a preview of the actual placeholder configuration for the engine audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shMU3uMb3Mg
Try not to mind the jerky framerate, my Sandy Bridge mobile Pentium has troubles running everything by itself. :P
Also digging in the making of a simulation in Unity, firstly to see where I can get and secondly to try developing an approach for a flexible procedural engine audio generator, using high-level powerful tools.