• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:56:53 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

to reality

Started by finpower, December 08, 2014, 12:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finpower

because the forum is about reality everything here, it should also go to the realistic servers.

I would suggest that you disable for championships and other driving aids run any server.

the to reality

greeting fin
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

Hawk

Quote from: finpower on December 08, 2014, 12:01:20 PM
because the forum is about reality everything here, it should also go to the realistic servers.

I would suggest that you disable for championships and other driving aids run any server.

the to reality

greeting fin

What do you consider driving aids? Would you go as far as cockpit view and manual rider only in all servers too? You have to bear in mind that 99% of all riders ride in 3rd person view and use auto rider settings.

Personally I'd only advocate total no aids when a decent bike controller is available at a decent price.  :)

One solution would be for you to start a server yourself with no aids allowed and run various championships and events to attract more riders, but I'll almost guarantee that you will not get many takers to begin with, but this may change in future if you persist.

Personally speaking, I think in the future there is one thing for certain.... Total hardcore riders will gain a greater respect for their riding and race winning than riders that ride and win with aids. Harcore would become the premiere Championship and non-hardcore would become like a beginners league for those wishing to gain the same standard and skills as the hardcore riders.
I can see this coming eventually, but for right now I don't think you'd get many takers.  I just don't think it is quite the right time for this to happen yet. But it will come for sure, so don't give up mate!  ;)

Hawk.

h106frp

Be interesting to see a poll on favorite view, i always go straight to first person for anything that describes itself as a simulator. I do like helmet cam mode in gpb for a better track view than the more usual 'on-bike'.

matty0l215

Quote from: h106frp on December 08, 2014, 07:11:52 PM
Be interesting to see a poll on favorite view, i always go straight to first person for anything that describes itself as a simulator. I do like helmet cam mode in gpb for a better track view than the more usual 'on-bike'.

Have a look at MAXhud plugin. That gives you a helmet view
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

I started off with 1st person view.. Now I switch it up depending on my mood  :P beta5 I used 3rd person because I didnt like the head position onboard.. Must admit I do like to see the whole bike in action with a nice paint jobby..

Count me in for some onboard racing though!

EdouardB

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 08, 2014, 06:49:52 PMYou have to bear in mind that 99% of all riders ride in 3rd person view and use auto rider settings.

I'm not so sure about that: I've never played in 3rd person and I'm certainly not the only one! ;)

Hawk

Quote from: EdouardB on December 15, 2014, 05:07:15 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 08, 2014, 06:49:52 PMYou have to bear in mind that 99% of all riders ride in 3rd person view and use auto rider settings.

I'm not so sure about that: I've never played in 3rd person and I'm certainly not the only one! ;)

Hi Edouard.

No your certainly not the only one..... I only know of about 5-6 people who proclaim to ride in first person view(and not all those ride with no aids) and I only know of one of those that actually rides in real 1st person view(the one were the riders head moves when you make a corner) and also uses Direct Steer with Torque(DST) with no aids whatsoever and that is Klax75. Others have tried riding with DST but not succeeded.

Do you ride in real 1st person view, or normal 1st person view? Any aids or no aids? Auto rider or not?

Hawk.

EdouardB

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 15, 2014, 06:44:45 PMDo you ride in real 1st person view, or normal 1st person view? Any aids or no aids? Auto rider or not?

I ride in real 1st Person View (head moving) because it feels more natural for me (the head pretty much has the same movement as I have in real life).
No aid, the only thing I have is Auto Rider (although I do wish I could make it semi manual to lean forward earlier in the straight to keep the wheelies down).

Hawk

Quote from: EdouardB on December 17, 2014, 12:52:37 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 15, 2014, 06:44:45 PMDo you ride in real 1st person view, or normal 1st person view? Any aids or no aids? Auto rider or not?

I ride in real 1st Person View (head moving) because it feels more natural for me (the head pretty much has the same movement as I have in real life).
No aid, the only thing I have is Auto Rider (although I do wish I could make it semi manual to lean forward earlier in the straight to keep the wheelies down).

Yeah, I wish I could ride in real 1st person with manual rider but I use a joystick for control(feels very natural to me) but the problem is with a joystick is accessing all the buttons for other controls while moving the joystick. So I think I will wait till a proper motorcycle controller has arrived on market before again trying fully manual control with real 1st person view. I tried it once before, even bought an Xbox gamepad specially for it, but I just couldn't get that same feel I had with the joystick controller, so I reverted back to my joystick and 3rd person view.

But it would be great to have a real 1st person server online all the time just to have it there for practice. Even if it doesn't get used much. Also for someone to hold events for this class of riding would encourage people to take it up I think.  :)

Semi-Auto Rider: I thought we could already have the rider controls set and used that override the autorider whenever we wanted now in Beta6c? Never tired it myself, but I believe it is there now to use.  ;)

EdouardB

I tried the 3rd person view yesterday evening and I hate it :P It takes so much of the realism away in my opinion. You see way too many things in 3rd person compared to real life (where you really don't see much, especially in blind corners, because, you know... they're blind)

BOBR6 84

Friday or saturday night il open a basic server from the ''host world'' option..

Onboard only.. If anybody fancies a race or two?

doubledragoncc

I cant ride in 3rd person, well I can but it feels so wrong and I keep thinking of my ex girlfriend who used to ride in front of me (she was a proddy racer on an old Yam RD350LC back in the old days). The good old days lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Warlock

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 18, 2014, 02:17:35 AM
Friday or saturday night il open a basic server from the ''host world'' option..

Onboard only.. If anybody fancies a race or two?

I'll try on saturday, but not before 21:15 -21:30 GMT   for me anyway, sry. (Work)

BOBR6 84

Saturday night, around 10-11pm is good for me.. Il set a room up, if nobody joins il just join another server ;)

Warlock