• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:50:43 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Oliver's Mount

Started by Grooveski, February 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostdogNL

Grooveski

Not a lot being going on to be honest.  Partly because we've kicked off the MotoGP champ so I've less time, partly because I was kinda needing a break...
Have been in it a few times tweaking bits here and there but no major advances.  Just noticed plecair's offer of textures though, that'll likely kick me back into gear again, his timing's perfect. :)

GhostdogNL

Oke thnx for the update. I will have patience than :p

Donnie

Is this still being worked on?  I hope so.

Grooveski

March 28, 2016, 01:38:20 PM #64 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:51:59 PM by Grooveski
Sorry for just vanishing.   :-[  Beta6 wasn't doing it for me and both my bikes were in bits so I got kind of sidetracked.
Beta8 is definitely doing it for me though and between practice stints I've been tinkering a little again.

Discovered that the Dirt series use the same program for their trees and they're between a fifth and a third of the size that I was coming out with(and you'd have to look real close to tell the difference)...
...so I'll be following their style...
...and cramming many more high poly trees in than the original plan.   ;)

I'd like to pinch their trick for the tree shadows as well.  Instead of making the high poly tree shadow casting they have in place a simple 2 plane affair like an old fashioned X tree model.  It has nothing in the colour channel but does have the tree silhouette in the alpha channel.
...and it's that which casts the shadow.  Clever stuff!    :)
Don't know if that's possible at present or if I'll have to huckle Piboso.

Started on the various junctions.

The top road now has painted kerbs(on the latest google streetview) and the junction's changed so there must be some sort of short track affair happening these days.

Pit area is mostly laid out.  Holding off on the extrusions until I get Farm Bends a bit closer to the mark since two of the roads have to tie in.

To help with fixing Farm I sketched out the main road...

...and will take the sketch model back to max to tweak the loft to suit.  The other end isn't tieing in at present because the far bit of road is too high.  Something like a couple of hundredths of a degree rotation from mountside hairpin half a mile away should bring it down nicely.

Run-off - Oliver's Mount style.   :D

...and most of that is grass.  Think 1m wide dirty footpath with just this gap to aim for.   :-\
(a dude with a drone posted footage on youtube so I got to see what the other side of the wall looks like :) )

nuovaic

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sooo glad the project is not dead, thanks for still working on it!

doubledragoncc

WOW.........That is what you call a sexy tree bro. Trees are such a letdown in most games. You really have done some great work on the track. So sorry I have not been able to help, but after losing 25 years of work and designs over Christmas I have had to re do all my own stuff.

I really look forward to seeing this track finished or even part done.

Brilliant work Gman

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Grooveski

Farm Bends tweaked.  Maybe still a touch deep but getting closer.

Close enough to tie in the various pitroad extrusions.  Another session on the pit area and it'll be about ready for a test ride I reckon.   :D

doubledragoncc

Cool beans bro. Looking forward to this track.

Great work

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Looking forward to giving this track a ride!  ;D

Keep up the good work Groovski!  ;) 8)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Nice one Grooveski!!  8)

Oh it's wheelie wednesday too..  :)

matty0l215

Im really looking forward to this track!

Excellent work ;D
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Grooveski

OK, so maybe two sessions.  ::)
Pit entry model about done.

Just slapping on rough skins for now.  What looks like kerbs here will be mostly grass later but it's easier to see UV repetitions with a kerb skin(then swap it out).

doubledragoncc

Looking great bro. I like the way your doing it. The most important thing is to ensure there are no HOLES in the track edges that give core crashes as with most tracks. If you do it at the start it must be best?

Great work mate
DD

Grooveski

April 19, 2016, 01:35:00 PM #74 Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:41:51 PM by Grooveski
All the road surfaces have been lofted with the verges already attached so the only place there could be gaps is where I make them(kerbs(real kerbs - still to be added) and junctions).
The rest of the model, yeah - I've been sealing up as I go.  The pits are still in quads but if I changed to tris you'd see hundreds of extra polys where the various bits have been welded together.   :)

I'm more concerned with bottomless pits.  There's scope for folk going over fences in places  :P , will need to add add quite a few bits of hillside to the col model that wouldn't be there normaly.